Thanks

Unhappy 25 weeks w/ menstrual like cramps -- normal?

i am 25 weeks pregnant and am starting to have menstrual like cramps. is this normal? any replies would be greatly appreciated.
    - Diana

Meds: Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 50mg
    TTC 1) Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 50mg, 11/2/05 (8dpo) +HPT, 12/20/05: M/C at 9 weeks
    TTC 2) Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 50mg, 3/9/05 (10dpo) +HPT, 5/31/05: M/C at 16 weeks
    TTC 3) Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 50mg, no "O"
    TTC 4) Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 100mg, Oed, 2ww

Thanks

You need to time them and call your dr. That is how I would describe my preterm labor with DD.

Call your dr and keep us updated.

Good luck!!!

Mindy
    Me (37) DH (42)
    Married 6/94
    Hannah 12/31/98 (35 weeks 4 days)
    Ethan 11/26/06 (36 weeks 3 days)

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Love my little Munchkin jnmanderson's Avatar
    Thanks

Agree with PP time them and if you are having more then 4 in 1 hour. Call your Dr ASAP. My SIL is 27 weeks right now and that is what she was feeling and they were the starting of preterm labor for her. Yet with some meds, etc they stopped.

GL
    Michelle - 32 DH - 32
    My furkittybaby Snickers
    Dxd PCOS Feb 03
    Sweet Pea Hidden Content Oct 3, 2005
    BFP 4/13/06 (with injectables and back to back IUI's) DS born 12/12/06
    BFP 12/22/07 (all natural cycle) born 8/25/08

Talentless But Connected RoaryKennedy's Avatar
    Thanks

How often are you having them and how long do they last? I've had a menstrual like cramp a couple of times a day from probably about 24 weeks on, but it's one cramp, and it disappears in under 30 seconds. I usually notice them in the afternoon--maybe after I'm tired from the day and have been more active?
    Jen, age 32 ~~ DD, Aidyn Charlotte, age 3, conceived with Met and Clomid ~~ Divorced but happily co-habitating and co-parenting my daughter and my sweetie's three children ~~ No more babies thanks to Essure implants ~~ Ask me anything and I will probably answer!

Hidden Content

Add me on Facebook:
    Hidden Content

My blog:
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Not trying to scare you but like everyone else has said call your doctor right away. One morning I woke up with AF cramps and they went away later that morning but I called the doctor just for the heck of it. Went in after lunch and found out I was dialated to 1 cm and was in preterm labor and went streight to L & D. I was almost 24 weeks. I made it to 30 weeks. I hope this not preterm labor for you but please get checked out anyway. Please let us know how things go.
    Mommy to two little guys - Owen (3lbs 2oz) & Torin (3lbs 6oz) born 6/21/06Hidden Content
    Me-25 Dh-26
    Furbabies- Jord (dog) and Meeko (cat)

Proud to say I nursed (pumped) my boys for 1 1/2 years and I miss it so much!Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

thanks ladies for your replies.

i did call my doctor and they had me come in for a fetal fibronectin test and an u/s. the doctor examined me and said my cervix and long and closed and the u/s didn't indicate any problems. so really not why i have menstrual-like cramps. it just feels like the first day of a period with cramps coming and going.

what do you all think? is there anything else i should be doing.
    - Diana

Meds: Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 50mg
    TTC 1) Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 50mg, 11/2/05 (8dpo) +HPT, 12/20/05: M/C at 9 weeks
    TTC 2) Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 50mg, 3/9/05 (10dpo) +HPT, 5/31/05: M/C at 16 weeks
    TTC 3) Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 50mg, no "O"
    TTC 4) Metformin 1500mg, Clomid 100mg, Oed, 2ww

Thanks

Is it possible that you're experiencing round ligament pain? I experienced round ligament pain periodically in my second and early third trimesters--particularly when I'd been in a long car ride or had otherwise been inactive, or on the days I didn't drink enough water. Round ligament pain really did feel like excruciating menstrual cramps to me.

If that link I posted above does sound similar to what you're experiencing, particularly considering that it doesn't appear you're in PTL, there may be things you can do to ease the pain. Long, hot showers helped me as well as drinking loads of water and resting. I would occasionally put a warm cloth on my abdomen to ease the pain.

Pregnancy is filled with all sorts of kooky, weird pains and discomforts.

I hope you feel better.

I eated the whole thing? Anonykat's Avatar
    Thanks

Long, hot showers
    ...just don't make them TOO hot.

Glad you were able to have an ultrasound. Stay well hydrated and keep an eye on it.

LK
    DS1 and DD - 2006
    DS2 - brand new!