Thanks

Default 16 Day Cycle? Huh?!

Well, I'm back in this forum again, getting a jump start on baby #2. I thought after everything I'd been through the first time around, I'd be a pro, but my first month on clomid threw me for a loop.

Back towards the middle of November, I got a progesterone shot to kick start my periods. My period began on 11/23 and I started clomid right away. (I conceived baby #1 while taking the pills days 1-5 of my cycle) My clearblue easy fertility monitor peaked on days 10 and 11, and today on what should've been cycle day 17, I got my period.

So, I know this is way too short of a cycle, but I'm wondering if I should keep up with the clomid and give it a go right away (I'd start on day 3 as the doc instructed me to this time around) or try and go through this cycle without meds to see if I can get the length back to something more appropriate.

Anyone experience something like this? I'll probably call the doc tomorrow, but I'd like to hear others thoughts.

Thanks.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -M. Pollan

Thanks

Back when I was first ttc I had a 19 day cycle. All my cramping I was having I thought for sure it was a sign of pregnancy. I was very upset to have such a short cycle. I would just take the next round of clomid cd3-7 and see what happens this time. If you have another really short cycle like that I would see your dr. I'm not really sure why that would happen. For me, I'm pretty sure I had an annovulatory cycle but if you peaked.... Are you also charting your bbt? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Mommy to Kenna and Zoey Headyfeady3's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe you have a LP problem. Is this really AF or just spotting? Did you just start taking met? After I had just started met I had a REALLY short cycle. I would call the DR but I would also just start the clomid.
    Heather
    Mckenna 5/6/09 6 lbs 8 ozs 18" long
    Zoey 10/8/10 8 lbs 3 ozs 20 " long
    Ava 4/4/12 7 lbs 15 ozs 22.5 " long

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content