Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile Pubic type hair on head

Hi, this might sound kind of weird but just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I have noticed an abundance of dark ver wiry "pubic like " hair that grows in amongst the rest of my head hair. I am a light brown/dark blonde so it is noticeable to me (looking for the grey ones) I have PCOS and have hair issues in other areas, but for the life of me cannot find any reference to this type of hair growth. It never grows as long as my other hair, (which is smooth and straight) it is crinkled...ya know...pubic like...gross huh!! Either this is normal and everyone actually has it...or my head hair has androgen receptors in it and instead of falling out is changes to pubic hair!!! HELP!!!:

Thanks

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I haven't seen any hairs like that on my head. All I know is that my hair is falling out.

Professional Crazed Fan Angelite's Avatar
    Thanks

That's so weird - I have the same thing!

There's not many of them but as I play with my hair a lot, I know where they all are. One came out today and it looked so odd.

I'm really curious to know why I have them.

Thanks

Yep, and I have never seen a reference to this anywhere....hope someone can shed some light (not shed some hair....)

Tracy

Thanks

Talking me too!

same thing! plus mine are different colours from the rest of my hair. they are bright copper and black. if i pull one lightly to examine it it slides out so easily like it's not meant to be there. these hairs come and go over the past two years meaning that these pubes have not replaced all the regular hairs.

Thanks

I have one spot on my head that grows like 2 or 3 of these all the time. They drive me nuts! Its almost impossible to pull them out cuz I always grab some other hairs and since they are right on the top of my head I can't see them I can only feel them. Glad I'm not the only one.

Thanks

hi

well i thought it was just me mine are usually my grey hair...... just the odd one/two
    eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Sometimes I have these really crinkly hair jutting out at various areas of my head. I first noticed it when my hair was turning very dry, thin and brittle - in fact, probably on the day that I thought I had turned grey overnight.

Most are shorter than the rest and look 'electrocuted' but not really that different in texture and colour from the rest of my hair. So mine may be different from what you are describing. I always thought they are a result of hair breaking off midway but can't explain why they are so 'fried' or 'electrocuted-looking'.

Talking about hair, anyone who has been losing hair on top but still went ahead (sorry no pun intended) to get it colored or Japanese straight-permed? I wanted to do both for a long time but ever since I had this massive hair-shedding I do not dare to do anything other than a cut.

Thanks

If your hair is thinning this could possobly be the minustrized or shrinknig hairs ... do they fall out shorter or not grow to a certian length .. if they are kinky this is a symptom (not always) but a symptom I have of Androgen Genetic Alopecia .... these hairs are due to damage to teh follicles ... if you have a cluster of them especialy around the parting or temple areas get it checked out if it is bothering you
    Metformin Hidden Content

Thanks

I have some of these. I noticed the first one because it was nearly black and contrasted against my brown hair. I held it up with my fingers and saw how kinky it was. I've noticed a few more since.

They're all very thick and course, dark, and kinky. I don't know what causes them.
    Symptoms: Obesity, Hirsutism, Hair Loss, Irregular Menstruation, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Acanthosis Nigricans

Daily Medications/Vitamins: 500 mg Flutamide, 137 mcg Synthroid, 1000 mg Metformin, Apri (BCPs),
    40 mg Omaprezole, 300 mg Ranitidine, .5 mg Enapril, Zyrtec, Women's Ultramega Multivitamin

Weight Stats: Original: 230, Current: 209, Short/Long Term Goals: 200/130
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I have had those on the sides and back of my neck, just below where the rest of my hair ends. And I've also had three long ones on my throat. I had electroysis on them and they've stopped growing back.

Thanks

Wow, there is a lot of us with these little crinkly dark hairs!! Next time I end up at an endocrinologist I'll ask. Mine do fall out very easily...especially if plucked along with the grey ones. I'll look up this androgen genetic alopecia. Thanks for the input!!
    Tracy

The truth is out there... AnnieC's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep I have this too. Lately it seems like all my hair is getting this way, which is really depressing.

Thanks

I haven't found any of these type of hairs on my head, but I have them as side burns. I have naturally curly hair, so my hair is curly already. Some of the sideburn hairs are much curlier and much more course than my regular hair. If I have any on my head I haven't found any or felt any. Keep us posted if anyone finds any answers.
    DX 1994-told to lose weight by GYN,Suffered 12 years before seeking treatments: REDX 2006 by a family doc sent to endo July 31, 2006 and glad I went; Byetta, 2000mg Metformin, 28 units of levemir, fish oil, 1000mg calcium. Type 2 diabetic and high cholesterol dx March 05, psoriasis dx 1992.
    Married 20 yrs 2 kids: girl 19 yrs old and boy 17 yrs old.

Thanks

I have this too! I know of one spot, a bit behind my ear, where hair like this grows. I thought it was a weird me thing. I cannot believe it. I spend ages trying to pull them out - I can feel them in there but often cannot get them. Its infuriating.