Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Angry rash below stomach that won't go away

Hi--Just wondering if anyone else has this/knows how to get RID of it. I've been losing weight and exercising a lot and the more I do the more severe of a rash I get right below my stomach and on my theighs/crotch area. My skin is red and kinda shinny, itchy, just plain gross. I can't take it anymore!!! Any ideas??? Thanks

Thanks

Sounds like yeast ... increase yogurt (acidophilis) sp.

Thanks

With the summer heat I get that between my breasts. I think it is a type of yeast infection. Make sure to shower often and Gold Bond powder really helps it feel better and heals it. Also make sure you are wearing clean cotton undies and clothes that have been washed with some kind of bleach detergent to kill the yeast.
    Last year it got so bad I just put tea tree oil directly on the rash. It burned once sine I was raw but even after I wiped the oil off the rash was completely gone in a few days after that one use. I would recommend getting some kind of topical cream with tea tree oil in it and not the oil by itself to keep it from being too strong.
    Eating yogurt or applying buttermilk on it and letting it dry will help too.
    Hope you feel better.
    Gardenbug
    Homeschooling mom to 4
    Married 15 years
    225/209/160

Thanks

This is interesting. I also have had a rash, it's just a small line right about where my pants ride right above my pelvic bone. It's been there for at least the last 6 months. I attributed it to pants getting tighter and tighter from weight gain, but when I use my hubbies athletes foot cream on it for a few days it almost goes away but as soon as I stop it comes right back.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions--i'll have to give them a try

Thanks

I agree with the other ladies, it sounds like yeast. If none of the non-prescription meds work, get prescription Nystatin cream or powder

Thanks

I've had rashes under my belly and antifungal cream works (because it's a fungal rash), if it's really bad. You can also use the antifungal foot powder to help keep it dry and if it's not really bad. I had one for a while a few yrs ago before I knew what it was and it itched sooo bad. The key is keeping it dry, which is hard to do when your belly's a hanger, like mine is...

Thanks

hi

i was watching tv last night, and a woman had it then. It was fungal/yeast. I get it under my bust
    eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotlips48801 View Post
    I agree with the other ladies, it sounds like yeast. If none of the non-prescription meds work, get prescription Nystatin cream or powder
    Nystatin works great! Try not eating anything with yeast in it too.

So in Love with my Kids! sleepy_214's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omc View Post
    Sounds like yeast ... increase yogurt (acidophilis) sp.
    I was going to suggest that too
    6/08 Dx with Cushing's Disease , surgery date TBA
    Thanks for the advice all these years and good luck to all.

Blessed Mommy to Thomas Mich831's Avatar
    Thanks

Try to get it under control right away.
    I fell last year around this time and hurt my knee really bad. I wasn't able to walk for a few weeks. I had to sit around and from not moving around that much I got a rash under my belly. It became so bad that I actually got open sores under my belly and on top of my pubic (vaginal area sorry TMI) it also spread to the crease where my butt cheek meets the back top part of my thigh.
    Anyway, it was SO bad that nothing helped me. I couldn't wear underpants because the elastic would be right where the sores under my butt were.
    I had to go to a Wound Care doctor and he cultured the sores and I had strep and staff infection.
    I had to have a nurse come and and put this felt type material on and it slowly VERY slowly started to heal. I lasted for over 5 months. I tried everything to get rid of it.

I saw that someone suggested using Nysatin powder. I did try that but becareful because that can cause some burning to the skin.

Now I make sure I dry myself REALLY good and if I feel a rash coming on I use a prescripton cream called Loprox.
    Hidden Content (41)
    Tommy DH (37)
    DS Thomas Joseph born 12/23/03
    Our blessing from God
    PCOS Dx 93
    Type II Diabetes 5/01
    My 3 doggies and 1 Cat
    Our sweet Cat Demi passed away 7/24/08. She is and will be missed SO much.
    1st PG Sadly MC @7w3d on 12/10/02 Our Angel
    2nd PG 1st Beta 4/24/03 =43.8
    NOT TTC#2
    Suprise PG our 2nd Angel 8/07
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Believe in Yourself lachicarubia's Avatar
    Thanks

It most likely is a yeast rash.
    If I don't do my yeast control program, I get yeast rashes in the exact same places.

There are lots of things that can control yeast, internally, and topically.

Topical:
    Rx: nystatin cream, or powder.
    OTC: any anti-fungal cream, athletes foot cream, monostat cream, (just watch out for parabens that can be in the cream)
    Alternative: Tea Tree oil, Colloidal silver (spray on and let dry)

Internal:
    Rx: Diflucan
    OTC: Monostat 1 ovule (vag. suppos)
    Alternative: Pau D' Arco, Garlic, Caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract, probiotics (enterically coated acidophilus), colloidal silver, enzymes formulated to fight yeast (Candex).

Hope you can get relief soon.
    Cara

Hidden Content
    DS#1 (10) natural BFP
    Twin angels Hidden Content BFP w/ yeast control, m/c @ 9w d/t low prog
    DS#2 (6) BFP w/ yeast control
    Hidden Content (2) BFP w/ Hidden Content

TTC #4 w/ Hidden Content Hidden Content
    6/3/09 BFP 10DPO beta 76 p4 20.1
    13DPO beta 627 p4 21.6
    17DPO Beta 3379
    7w2d U/S Hidden Content x1 p4 18
    Hidden Content 2/10/2010, 39w3d, 8 lbs 10oz.

Thanks

I started getting the sam ething years ago when I was exercising a lot... on the frint of my thighs and hips... I used max stregnth cortizone and/or lotrimin to treat the itchiness/swelling. It has been coming and going over the years and now I get it on my shins all the time. I've been to several docs (i thought it might be weird exzema since I have that ) and all of them have been baffled. Just don't scratch if you can help it.. that makes it SO much worse...

I'm one of those that also has to use desitin tween the boobs sometimes in the summer because of the heat/sweat... I have never admitted that to anyone.. LMAO. Hubby could not for the life of him figure out why there was a tube of desistin in the house a year before we had our son...
    Last edited by Jane_smith; 01-19-2007 at 09:51 AM.
    TTC#2
    Clomid - Feb 100mg - waiting for O...
    Clomid - Jan 50 mg - O'd CD24 but LPD 9DPO
    Met - 1,500mg
    Synthroid - 50mcg
    Omega-3, B Complex, Women's Daily Multivitamin

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I get that right under my belly sometimes (since my belly is a hanger). Its weird but because of the location I've found that good old run of the mill diaper rash cream works. I also try to wear baby powder down there with cornstarch to keep things dry.

Thanks

Hi Ladies,

Never thought of diaper cream...good idea...

I use cornstarch all the time, too, but when it flares up it aggravates it more so I have to stop. I read the fungus/yeast thrives on carbs, which cornstarch is. I'm ok usually to use the foot powder which has the cornstarch but also has the antifungal meds in it, too.

Jane-When I was just in the hospital with this last delivery the doc asked me how long I have had the rash that I still have on my shins. I've probably had it now since sometime last summer. At one point when I went in for a cellulitis infection on my other leg I had them look at the rash leg and I was told it was fungal by an ob (not mine). I put antifungal cream on it for about a month. Some of it cleared up but not all. It was itchy as all heck and I would scratch til I bled, which hurt but felt better than itching. When I was just in the hospital last month they sent dermatology to my room and they said it was eczema, and gave me a steroid cream. I actually did well with it and stopped using it. Now it seems to be flaring up a little so I have no idea what's going on. I get the feeling that maybe the steroid cream only helps it a while and you have to use it forever??? I'm still not convinced it's eczema. Just thought I'd mention since you mentioned you had something on your shins, too.