View Poll Results: Do you believe in CURING PCOS naturally?

Voters
384. This poll is closed
  • Yes

190 49.48%
  • No

34 8.85%
  • I don't know

74 19.27%
  • With more success stories

15 3.91%
  • There is no Cure

85 22.14%
  • I have to ask my doctor

1 0.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Talking I cured myself naturally

Hi everyone,

My name is Melissa and I'm 23 yrs old. I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago in 2004. I was 21 yrs old. I probably had it for 3 years because the doctor's couldn't find what was wrong with me until I was diagnosed in 2004. I had gained 60lbs in 6 months, I had cystic acne, chest hair, and I was skipping my period every 3-4 months. Having fertility problems at 21 yrs old is scary. I though I'd never be able to have a baby. The doctor's prescribed me with many medications including birth control. Unfortunately, after never taking any pills in my life, I was allergic to all the medications my doctor tried to prescribe me. I thought there was no hope. Being told this disease was incurable, I became very depressed with no hope. Then, hope came to me. My finance had told me that his father that lives in South America has cured many people from deadly incurable diseases such as cancer and diabetes. Having no other option, I contacted him. He told me that he can guarantee that he could cure me but it wouldn't be easy. He had told me that everything we put in our bodies effects whatever we get out such as diseases. Toxins that are put in food cause diseases. He told me I would have to detox my body from all the toxins. He put me on a strict organic way of life. I say was of life because it's not a diet, it's the way we should eat. He bought me a juicer and told me that I would have to juice fresh fruits and vegetable that were organic (no toxins or pesticides). The detox juice was this: 5 large carrots, 1 beet, 1 cucumber, 2 stalks of celery, and 1 apple for taste. I had to drink this juice every 3 hours for 3 weeks. NO FOOD! It was the hardest thing I ever had to do but if it had chances of curing me, I didn't even complain. The juice provided my body with all the nutrients it needed while it gave my digestive system a break after working so hard all these years. It allowed my body to detox from all toxins and help nurture my cells. The first 3 days were the hardest because my body was going through withdrawals from all the junk food I was eating. After that, it wasn't so bad, I was used to it. The worst part about this whole process was cleaning the juicer after every juice. Now remember, I had only 10 minutes to drink the juice after making it because after that, it starts losing nutrients. Just like when you cut an apple and it starts turning brown because it's losing nutrients.
    After the 3 weeks, I continued doing the same juices but mixing different fruits and vegetables. I would make a nice fruit juice in the morning and vegetable juices for the rest of the day. The only thing I would eat is a salad filled with organic vegetables for lunch. On the 5th week of juicing, I got my menstrual cycle. After that, I was getting it every 28 days, and all my other symptoms disappeared. I also lost 23 lbs and I'm still on my way to losing more weight as long as I exercise more. I feel great.

When I went back to the doctor for an ultrasound, she said my ovaries are perfectly normal and she couldn't find any signs of PCOS. She was amazed and didn't know what to say. She had no explanation for how this could have happened but I did. There are so many great books out there that can help. Books by Norman W. Walker are the best. His best book is "Vegetarian Guide to Diet and Salad".

I hope that whoever reads this will try this is you're tired of doctors and taking medication. Just think, you have nothing to lose (except weight and your symptoms) and it's completely safe because you're getting all the nutrients your body needs.

Please let me know your opinions and let me know if you have any questions.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ImCured For This Useful Post:

Anusri (06-11-2014),cysterless (03-17-2013),fairy (01-02-2013),kimmers1786 (12-05-2012),Kimmy_slaterrrr (02-03-2014),Luna512 (03-17-2013)

Thanks

OMG I would kill myself after day 2! So all you did was drink juice and eat a salad for lunch???????? I will have to try this! The only problem is what about work? How am I supposed to mix up a juice cocktail at work?
    HEATHER

Hidden Content Me (26) Hidden Content DH (25)

TTC #1 since 2004
    Dx'd with PCOS: October 2006
    2/26/07 Dh s/a #2~Under 1 Million!!!!
    IVF #1 -3rd Beta 7/9/07~11 M/C
    FET #1 ~ 10/1/2007~ Negative
    1/1/08~ Starting Foster to Adopt
    Ages-0-3 Open 1-2 siblings.
    07/15/2008- 15 month Girl! Hidden Content
    03/16/2009- 4 month old Boy! Hidden Content
    Finalized Brittany's adoption- 6/03/09
    8/16/09- Call for a premie baby BOY, waiting for him to leave the hospital.
    Waiting for Kade's TPR, court- 8/31/09

Thanks

I'm...Not skeptical....But, wondering How...You know, like with any diet, it's not easy. I'm just wondering, how you stuck to it. How did it work for you?
    Hidden Content
    Kelsha LeAnne W.
    Dx 2002
    Currently on the Insulite System (It's helping)
    Working out 6 days a week, cardio and weight training.
    Just recently started to cut down on carbs.

I love my Crockpot nomadic_existence's Avatar
    Thanks

No offense, but PCOS is not "curable". You can manage it and help the problems to disappear" but you cannot "cure" PCOS...that has been proven medically. I do agree that taking a more holistic approach to treatment is probably the best thing anyone can do for themselves...but as for "curing" PCOS, I don't think so.

PCOS Is more than what is going on with the ovaries...it's also hormonal and can sometimes be manifested in the form of Insulin Resistance.

I think it's great that you are doing wonderfully but I have to err on the side of caution here, because there is no such thing as a cure for PCOS.
    Currently supplementing with:
    -Flaxseed Oil
    -Cinnamon
    -Chromium Piconilate
    -Cal/Mag/VitD

Undergoing treatment for PCOS, IR, Adenomyosis
    attempting to avoid hysterectomy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nomadic_existence For This Useful Post:

Amber W. (12-01-2012)

Believe in Yourself lachicarubia's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Imcured,

to SoulCysters.

Thanks for sharing your story. Congratulations on overcoming your PCOS.
    Most people say that there is no "cure" for PCOS, and that those with no more PCOS symptoms are to say that their PCOS is in "remission".

Cool that your fiance's father has helped you overcome your PCOS. MY husband is from South America, from Peru.

Your future FIL has the same ideas as I have: To achieve optimal health you need to Optimize nutritional balance, and minimize toxins & pathogens. I have listed some simple steps to do just that on the home page of my website.

I am on my own journey toward optimal health. I also believe that I have overcome my PCOS. (I put details on my website) Now, I am working to overcome my Multiple Sclerosis. I am currently doing a heavy metal cleanse. I recently had all my mercury dental fillings removed, and am doing oral chelation.

To optimize my nutritional balance, I have a computerized device that assesses my nutritional status, so I can make sure that I am getting all the nutrients that my body needs for optimal nutritional balance.

I hope that our experiences can help others on their journey toward optimal health.
    Cara

Hidden Content
    DS#1 (10) natural BFP
    Twin angels Hidden Content BFP w/ yeast control, m/c @ 9w d/t low prog
    DS#2 (6) BFP w/ yeast control
    Hidden Content (2) BFP w/ Hidden Content

TTC #4 w/ Hidden Content Hidden Content
    6/3/09 BFP 10DPO beta 76 p4 20.1
    13DPO beta 627 p4 21.6
    17DPO Beta 3379
    7w2d U/S Hidden Content x1 p4 18
    Hidden Content 2/10/2010, 39w3d, 8 lbs 10oz.

Thanks

I did almost kill myself after day 2. By the way, for the first 3 weeks, I didn't eat ANYTHING. The whole point is to give your digestive system rest. See, instead of your body working on digesting food, it's going to be working on getting rid of all the toxins in your body and you're still providing your body with nutrients by juicing. I asked my job to bring my juicer to work and I would juice on every break that I had.
    What kept me motivated was that I actually had a chance to cure my disease. I don't care what people say but I believe there's a cure for everything. Anything is possible and I proved that. I have taken numerous blood tests and internal ultrasounds for the past 6 months and there are no signs of PCOS. From those results and from what my doctor tells me, I CURED my PCOS. Good luck. You should read these books if you want to feel more motivated.

"Fit for Life" by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond
    "Vegetarian Guide to Diet and Juicing" by Dr. Norman Walker

Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ImCured For This Useful Post:

musiclover81 (03-16-2013)

Thanks

I understand what you are saying Im cured because this is the same route Im doing now..Organic food and produce and cut off the homrone meats..But my concern is that Im a slim cyster and i need something more than fruit and vegs to keep me going or else im going to be a skeleton ..so what i planned on doing is getting a clenase and continue my juicing, but i cannot do it everyday so i use lemon to keep it. Since cutting down on the hormone meats and un-organic food my acnes is getting better and my energy is coming back..will keep you posetd likewise yourself

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LEXUSAN For This Useful Post:

adelapr (08-29-2012),musiclover81 (03-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LEXUSAN View Post
    I understand what you are saying Im cured because this is the same route Im doing now..Organic food and produce and cut off the homrone meats..But my concern is that Im a slim cyster and i need something more than fruit and vegs to keep me going or else im going to be a skeleton ..so what i planned on doing is getting a clenase and continue my juicing, but i cannot do it everyday so i use lemon to keep it. Since cutting down on the hormone meats and un-organic food my acnes is getting better and my energy is coming back..will keep you posetd likewise yourself
    That is great Lex! It's great to hear someone else that is taking the route to a healthy life. I wish I could be slim... I would keep juicing if I were you and just eat lots of salads. I also recommend everyone to get a colon irrigation. A series of 3 would do the job. 75% of diseases are caused from having a toxic colon. I had a few and they really helped me feel better and have more energy.
    People don't realize all the hormones that are put in food that affect our bodies. I wish everyone knew but all we could do is try to get the word out there ourselves.
    Stay healthy!

Thanks

you can treat it naturally but you can't cure it.

Thanks

Ummm, yeah. I am not believing it...sorry!
    Monica (27) Hidden Content DH (32)

WLS scheduled for August 11, 2008

Hidden Content

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mlbarry For This Useful Post:

Amber W. (12-01-2012)

Thanks

"Cured" implies that all treatment can stop and the condition will not return. Can you go back to the lifestyle you had and have your PCOS not come back? If not, then I wouldn't in good conscience endorse this plan as a cure. It may be a great way to manage it and even diminsh it to the point where it is no longer an issue. But a cure means that the condition is gone for good, regardless of what you do next, imho.

Congratulations on managing it so well, though. May your story inspire others to make the changes that they need to (which would be specific to them) in order to have more control over their PCOS.
    Dx 2002 after a year of my own research. That research and much prayer lead to our two blessings, born in 2004 and 2007. Hidden Content

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajani For This Useful Post:

Amber W. (12-01-2012)

Thanks

I probably could go back to my old lifestyle. But why would I want to? The way I eat is the way the human body is supposed to eat. The reason I had this disease was because of all the hormones they put in the food I was eating. I believe all diseases are caused by what we eat including Cancer. The guy that introduced me to this lifestyle has personally cured himself from lung cancer and also cured his sister from breast cancer. The medication and and chemical treatments that doctors use just dump more chemicals in our bodies and make other conditions worse. Your body was built with an immune system in order to fight off any sickness of disease. As long as your body is being nourished correctly, it will work properly and do it's job.
    It is your perception on how you define "Cured". I have the facts and proof that I no longer have any traces of PCOS by tests done by a medical doctor. I would not go back to eating garbage just to prove to someone else that I have been cured naturally. Also, it's hard for you to say that you don't believe in this unless you try it yourself. All it took was 3 weeks of detoxification for me to see results. SO...don't knock it till you try. You have nothing to lose.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ImCured For This Useful Post:

dncgutierrez (03-18-2013)

Thanks

I think it depends on how you define "cure." If by cure you mean no longer having symptoms, yes it is possible. I have read stories by many different cysters who achieve that in different ways, almost all of them involving lifestyle changes, though not necessarily the detoxification/organic route you have chosen.

If you define "cure" as Ajani does to mean your body will from now on respond the same to lifestyle choices (healthy or not) as someone who never had the syndrome, then no, it can't be cured.

Congratulations on improving your health and, I'm sure, your future as a result! Way to go!!

Debbie
    Debbie (43), Mike (46)
    DD- Mary Elizabeth 8 DS-William Landers 5 1/2
    4 angel babies - 3 m/c's, 1 vanishing twin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic_existence View Post
    ...you cannot "cure" PCOS...that has been proven medically.
    This is not true. A specific cure has not be 'identified' by medical researchers, however, this doesn't mean that one doesn't exist. Also, to my knowledge, there have been no studies 'proving' that it can't be cured.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Ajani;1888265559 But a cure means that the condition is gone for good, regardless of what you do next, imho.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine a doctor saying you're only cured if the disease doesn't come back - "regardless of what you do next with your lifestyle..."

Definition of Cure

Cure: 1. To heal, to make well, to restore to good health. Cures are easy to claim and, all too often, difficult to confirm.

2. A time without recurrence of a disease so that the risk of recurrence is small, as in the 5-year cure rate for malignant melanoma.

Source: Medicine.net
    On SoulCysters I don't allow people to come on touting A cure for PCOS, because while they may believe that one supplement or 'whatever' is the reason for their 'cure', we'll never really know what combination of lifestyle and other things resulted in the remission of their symptoms. So it's unreasonble to say "this" is a cure.

However, there are plenty of pcos women who after agressive treatment do live normal lifestyles, and keep their symptoms in remission without medication. And no tests show any indication of PCOS. Be happy for them.

Even the cancer patient knows there's a chance that her cancer might come back, but if she's 3, 4, 5, 8, 10 years 'cancer free' are you going to argue with her and tell her she's 'not cured' because medicine hasn't found a cure for cancer yet?

While I don't personally plan on doing 3 weeks of juicing (unless someone puts a gun to my head), my guess is that the program is proabably healthier than the average American diet.

And in all seriousness, there are certainly lessons to be learned from switching from 'typical American diet' to one rich in high quality food and lots of fresh produce.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to KatCarney For This Useful Post:

LovePink75 (03-10-2013)