Thanks

Default Are skin tags a symptom of PCOS?

Are skin tags a symptom of PCOS?
    Is dandruff a syptom of PCOS?

I thought they were both symptoms but when I mentioned them to my doctor today, she said they weren't from the PCOS. I went to the dr to ask about switching or adding medication because my PCOS was getting worse and the metformin didn't seem to be helping anymore. As an example I told her that now I am getting the skin tags and dandruff and acne which i didn't have before. She said that those aren't from the PCOS. I thought they were from the PCOS.

Thanks

Default skin tags

Hi,

I was told by my doctor that they are one of the symptoms of PCOS. I've got a bunch of them and I'm really debating on having them all removed; I just worry about scarring. I don't know about the dandruff, but I have heard that the acne can be a symptom as well. I've got a lot of signs, as a matter of fact, my doctor said he could tell I had PCOS before I opened my mouth. I have had a lot of weight gain, hairy arms, face, etc., skin tags, very oily skin and breakouts, constipation, and brain fog. I have finally begun waxing my arms because I was getting sick of kids making fun of me (I'm a substitute teacher). My daughter has even said kids at her school have made comments about my arms, and she got upset she told the teacher.... So, I said enough is enough. I've been told that if I can get the PCOS and the insulin under control it might start to get better. We'll see though.

Good Luck to you,
    Traci

Thanks

Yes, skin tags and acne are symptoms. Have not heard about dandruff.

Also small brown patches on your skin around the neck folds and bikini line are symptoms...to me they look a bit like skintags, but are flat against the skin.

I've also heard that keeping the weight and insulin levels under control can help with these PCOS symptoms. I've managed to drop about 20 pounds and am noticing fewer skin tags, though the brown patches and acne are the same as always. Still have a ways to go on the weight loss though, so maybe there's hope.

Best luck.

Thanks

As far as I know skin tags are indeed a symptom of PCOS. I have several all over, mostly on my neck. I have had a few close family memebers question me about them and ask if I ever wanted them removed and honeslty, I don't think much about them.

As for the dandruff, I haven't a clue, I am sorry. I used to think I had dandruff until my sister told me otherwise (she's a hair stylist). I later found out it's psoriasis, a hereditary skin condition (thanks MOM!).

Best of luck hun!
    Corrie-Ann {30} Hidden Content Ceilidh {34} & Lisa {36}
    My Hidden Content Sons; Eric {8} and Calum {4}
    Triad relationship/family est. December 21st, 2010

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Im Some Kind Of Wonderful Sarah Louise's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say that it definitely is, I have noticed that since I have gained weight I have suffered from various symptoms of PCOS that I didn’t have before, there has been an explosion of them in my arm pits and under my breasts.

Thanks

Dandruff is definitely symptom of PCOS! I have attached a link that some might be interested in reading.

www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter310.asp?WID
    www.obgyn.net/pcos/pcos.asp?page=/pcos/articles/whatispcos

Water