Thanks

Unhappy Brain Fog and work - not a good combo

My brain fog is affecting my job. It's not just simple forgetfulness.. It's really hard for me to concentrate sometimes...
    .......my work is coming back to me.. I'm making stupid mistakes...
    It gets me aggravated, sad and worried... I don't want to lose my job over this.
    StacieHidden Content
    Married
    No children
    Age 31
    PCOS diagnosed 03/03
    Hypertensive Heart disease - dx'd 03/07
    Left Ventricular Hypertrophy - dx'd 03/07
    Metformin 2000mg/day
    Dermatographia (a type of hives, cause unknown)
    Longest time gone without AF - 10 months
    Fibromyalgia (dx'd 7/07)
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (dx'd 7/07)
    Glutathione/ATP injections :
    Pulmonary Obstruction (dx'd 3/5/08)
    Inhomogeneous Endometrium (2/08)

Thanks

Default re:Fog and work

Hi - Yes, I had that about a year and a half ago.

It was a progressive issue that started after my second child which also accompanied mood swings. I figured out it was also associated as my hormones as I would feel almost fine "normal" a few days after my period ended and then as the days went on getting closer to my period the fog and mood swings would get increasingly worse until i would get my period. I felt like I was losing my mind! I started to keep track of my memory function and emotional function ever day in my calendar and after just a few months i new it was at least, partly hormonal related. In my case it was diagnosed as clinical depression, which I am now taking Effexor and it has helped a lot.

So, I know how you feel as I felt the same about work - I was very worried about losing my job as the fog became worse and worse to the point that I would come in each day and just stare at my computer screen. Simple task seemed impossible to complete.

Also though, at the same time my doctor prescribed Ritalin to help with the focus until my medication kicked in, but I stopped that after about 3 months once I felt it was no longer necessary.

Not saying that your situation is the same, but if feel like you could be suffering from depression you might want to check with your Dr.

Candice

Thanks

I also feel like i have some brain fog at work. I have a history of depression and have a lot going on right now, plus work is extremely overwhelming and crazy right now, plus i'm working too many hours. There are times i can't concentrate, make stupid mistakes, or just feel like i'm in a fog. I also get kind of dizzy and jittery, which i think happens if i take my met and don't eat enough with it. SO not sure the exact cause, but i am cutting down my work schedule, and eating better, so hopefully things will "clear up" soon. Best of luck to you

Thanks

I feel for you. I was like that before I knew I had PCOS. I was so out of it that it got really annoying. Luckily, I don't have a job that I can get fired from. My kids would go crazy if they had to do my job of taking care of them. LOL. I've gotten better since my hormones are getting back to "normal", we think.

Alethea
    Married in 1993

Had DS #1 - 1994
    Had DS #2 - 1995
    Had DS #3 - 1996
    Had DD - 1999

Had TMJ since I was a teen

Took Depro shots 2000-2001
    Was irregular since
    Dx PCOS, fallen uterus, fibroid 3-2007
    Dx "Golfer's Elbow" 4-2007

Lovely New Zealand, Down Under in the South Pacific
    Thanks

I definitely know what you mean - I've felt really depressed about being stupid, even though I have heaps of proof of having a few brains somewhere lol!

It's like some days my memory and comprehension is nil. I think it's a bit better recently since I've been taking lots of multivitamins, but this is something that has really affected me. It saps your confidence, makes you stressed, and then the fog gets worse! Vicious cycle!

Thanks

Post Low Iron, maybe vitamin B

Quote Originally Posted by stac8454 View Post
    My brain fog is affecting my job. It's not just simple forgetfulness.. It's really hard for me to concentrate sometimes...
    .......my work is coming back to me.. I'm making stupid mistakes...
    When my iron is low I have short term memory loss and brain fog. (like now). I notice that you are also taking Metformin. Do you take a B-Complex? Met can lower those levels.
    HTH
    Allison
    I have to exercise in the morning, before my brain figures out what the hell I am actually doing Hidden Content .
    Traditional PCOS - Anovulatory, increased androgens, no insulin resistance
    Medications and Supps listed on my profile.

Thanks

I'm not a 100% at work but I do enough to get by. I just don't want to get by because I know I can do better. Have you been tested for sleep apnea? I think thats the reason why I'm tired alot and have no energy. I'm doing a sleep study tomorrow. ---I'm ready to get better.

Thanks

me too. im having problems at work and got a mtg about it 2moro. but it doesnt help that i have a progressive eyecondition as well.
    F.R.O.G Fully relying on God

Me (32)

PCOS , dx 2000,
    Keratoconus, Epilepsy, depression,

Meds: Mirtazapine 30mg Metformin 1500mg, Spiro 200mg, amitriptyline 25mg, Keppra 2500mg, lamotrigine 400mg paracetamol and vitamins,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allison. View Post
    When my iron is low I have short term memory loss and brain fog. (like now). I notice that you are also taking Metformin. Do you take a B-Complex? Met can lower those levels.
    HTH
    I do take a vitamin B -Complex and a multivitamin. They help,and it is a noticeable difference, but it's just not enough.
    StacieHidden Content
    Married
    No children
    Age 31
    PCOS diagnosed 03/03
    Hypertensive Heart disease - dx'd 03/07
    Left Ventricular Hypertrophy - dx'd 03/07
    Metformin 2000mg/day
    Dermatographia (a type of hives, cause unknown)
    Longest time gone without AF - 10 months
    Fibromyalgia (dx'd 7/07)
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (dx'd 7/07)
    Glutathione/ATP injections :
    Pulmonary Obstruction (dx'd 3/5/08)
    Inhomogeneous Endometrium (2/08)

Lovely New Zealand, Down Under in the South Pacific
    Thanks

I'm on met, and I did notice being extra tired after I started. I do think that taking B12, calcium, and a general multivitamin with the met has really helped. Apparently you can have trouble with B vits and calcium on met, and this can have a few negative effects.

I still don't feel like my brain functions as well as it should, but it's sooo much better than it was. So I think met is making a difference with the hormone related 'fog' and I think the supplements are helping any problems caused by the met. I think iron helps a lot too.