Thanks

Default Is bleeding after sex normal after D&C/MC?

Warning, possibly TMI ahead.

Yesterday I had sex for the first time after my D&C four and a half weeks ago. The doctor at my two week checkup had told me I was fine, uterus had returned to normal size, and there was no need at all to wait to try again (he actually kept repeating this, and I almost expected him to start tapping his watch and say 'get busy NOW, why are you still here talking to me?'), which I took to mean that it was okay to have sex again. I stopped the light bleeding from the D&C right about the time of that checkup.

So yesterday, afterwards, then next time I went to the bathroom when I wiped there was a little blood, and last night I had a little drip or two in the toilet and a little when I wiped. Very bright red, which to me says fresh bleeding. Nothing on the panty-liner, though. This morning when I woke up, nothing.

Now, I'm all confused about my cycle at the moment -- about two weeks ago I had a few days of extensive CM, way more than usual, but I'm not sure if it was ovulation or just my body doing a self-clean right after the bleeding stopped. Last weekend I thought that perhaps AF was coming, as I was very hungry, EXTREMELY exhausted and one set of GI symptoms (three of my big signs right before), but nothing, and those symptoms have passed. I don't know whether this bleeding was the first stages of my period, but usually once it starts it starts, and it seems to be nothing now. No idea whether/when/if I ovulated and when my cycle will resume. As I'm sure many of you are, I'm waiting for that first period so I can figure out my cycles again.

Before the MC, I didn't normally bleed after sex (although I did find it would jumpstart an imminent period right away, from then forward), so I'm wondering what this is. I'm not in any pain or particularly panicky, but just curious. Anyone experience this?

Thanks

I'm not an expert in this, but I will ofer what I do know.

My bleeding since the D&C has been off and on. Everything seems like it's over and then wham - more blood. Also, I've found that sometimes, if DH and I have sex RIGHT after I finish my period, I start to bleed a little again. I thought I was done bleeding the other day and we got back to our "marital duties", and I did start to bleed again after that. Not exactly sure how soon it was, but definitely within a few hours. I spotted off and on for a while but the bleeding has stopped AGAIN and I hope that it's FOR GOOD.

I wouldn't be too alarmed about it. If it gets real heavy, I would call the doctor. Heck, if it makes you feel better, you can call the doctor. They'll understand.

*HUGS*

Thanks

Turns out it wasn't anything at all, as this afternoon heralded the return of AF, 34 days after the D&C.

The bittersweet part of it all was that I just realized -- had I never gotten pregnant at all, today is the regularly scheduled day it would have arrived. One of the hardest things for me about this entire pregnancy was that as soon as it was over, everything returned to normal, and it's like nothing at all ever happened. Body returned to normal, all the little weird things about being pregnant (like the return of my top notes in my singing voice) disappeared, and all the life changes we were anticipating just vanished into thin air. So of course I got AF today, because today is the day it was supposed to come had nothing ever happened. I'm not sure what I wanted to get from this experience, but it should be something, no?

Of course not. It's all a big nothing.

Sorry for being grim, it's just that every time I think I'm doing better something bites me.

Thanks

*HUGS* I know what you mean about everything going back to normal. I'm wearing my pre-PG pants again.

You have nothing to apologize. You're going to be up and down for a long time to come.