Thanks

Default cervical mucus after miscarriage

WARNING TMI!!!!!!

I had a early miscarriage on Memorial Day. The Doctor told us to try right away if we wanted to. So I am doing Ovulation tests almost everyday because I am soo irregular. I also have been paying attention to my cervical mucus and the last 2 days it started showing up more but in a light brownish color. I am wondering if this is perhaps left over blood from the miscarriage or something else. I feel fine but yesterday my left side ovaries had some cramping like pain. The OPK are not showing that I am ovulating yet.

Should I be concerned over the color of the mucus or continue taking the OPK tests and ignore it.

Also how hard will it be to get pregnant after a misscarriage?

Thanks ladies!

Thanks

I forgot to mention that we bd the night before and the next day I had a huge chunk of mucus that was also brownish- red. This was the first time we bd after the miscarriage. Is this normal?

Thanks

I had a LOT of CM of all colors about 2 1/2 weeks after my D&C. The first stuff was like what you described, and did eventually go clear. But it was way more than normal for me. There's no real way to know whether you're ovulating or not -- the OPKs are said not to work right in that first cycle. I did not try anything that first cycle, although AF showed up about two weeks after that CM, so if I had tried it might have worked.

I would say count this cycle as a freebie. BD to your heart's content, especially when you get the clear CM, but don't try to chart anything. Just have fun. Maybe it will work. If AF doesn't come after 6 weeks after the m/c, test.

Sorry for your loss, and good luck for the future.