Thanks

Default 24-hour urine test.

How exactly is a 24-hour urine test supposed to be done? I just started mine this afternoon around 2:50-3:00 when I woke up (I have a messed up sleep schedule) and I caught my first morning urine and put it into the container. However after doing some reading, according to some websites I'm not supposed to put my first morning urine the first time around into the container. Another problem I'm having is that I've only been doing this for 4 hours and my container is close to being half-way full already. At this rate the container will be full WAY before the 24 hours is up. I'm just afraid I messed it up by putting my first morning urine in there. Will it mess up the test results? What do I do if it gets full long before the 24 hour period is up? Thanks.

By the way, I wasn't the one who picked the jug up from the doctor. I had to to have my mother do it and she was given the instructions. They weren't very thorough which is why I'm so lost right now. lol.

Thanks

I dont know if it will mess it up or not but I do know you are suppost to discard the 1st day's morning urine. Then start from there. Sounds like you may need another container.
    Me-28 DH-30
    DS

Meds: Thyroid, Prenatals, Metformin 1000mg

Femara 2.5mg bid Feb 27-Mar 3rd.
    BFP 3-21-07 11dpo
    Born 37w3 days due to pre-eclampsia, GD via C-Section 6lb 6.5oz

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Yeah, just call your Dr. tomorrow, get better instructions, and get another (bigger or get 2) jug.
    Trying to recover and rediscover.

Thanks

I'm getting ready to take my 2nd test in the last 6 months. Here is what they tell me. Discard your first morning urine the day you start the test. Collect everything else for 24 hours. The next morning when you wake up (needs to be at approximately the same time you started the test the day before) collect the first urine of that day. That's the end of the test. Keep the bottle refrigerated throughout the test and until you return it to the doctor. It's only good for about 5 days in the refrigerator, so return it ASAP. When you return it, they have to draw your blood (to compare the % of creatinine in your blood to that in your urine).

Don't pee into the test bottle because it has acid in it (I doubt any woman would try to do this). Collect the urine in a clean container and pour it into the test bottle.

Thanks

I think it's okay that you collected the first morning specimen today, as long as you discard the first morning one tomorrow. You just don't want two first-morning ones as they are very concentrated.

You might want to go by and get another container. Or find something to put the urine in, but it has to be sterile. Good luck!
    Sally, 30 years old
    Diagnosed PCOS 11-22-05
    Metformin 1000 mg 2x daily
    Nexium 40 mg
    Singulair 10 mg
    Zyrtec 10 mg
    Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily
    Norvasc 10 mg
    Depo-Provera (at the moment)