Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ttc#1 4 over 6 LONG yrs!! Salinas_24's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Intense cramping in very early pregnancy but no bleeding?

Last night I was cramping as usual but it was a little more than it has been and it was'nt letting up. I fell asleep and I am a tummy sleeper, at about 3 a.m. I was woken by the strong cramping that I was having in the middle of my abdomen, I thought for sure I was going to start af, the cramping has gotten bad at times but not that bad, not to the point that it has woken me up from dead sleep because it hurt that bad. It lasted a while befor easing up. I thought this is it, af will be coming or I will be spotting by morning, there is no way that kind of cramping was a good sign.
    But no blood yet, no spotting, nothing. The cramping did go away, it has been coming and going like it has been befor then. Did any of you ladies have intense cramping in early pregnancy and have everything still be ok?
    I go in for my 4th beta tomorrow and I am just hoping that my numbers are still doubling but after last night I dont know, it seemed like mu uterus was more trying to get rid of something rather than having something digging deeper into it.

Diana (31) Eric (27)
    Married 9/12/03
    Hidden Content
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2003
    1 Chemical Pregnancy
    Hidden Content
    3 Blighted Ovums
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I know of lots of cysters who have had cramping early in pregnancy. I wouldnt give up hope, especially since your not even spotting. I spotted on and off from 6 weeks to 10 weeks, and everything was fine. Good luck sweety!

Thanks

I am about 6 weeks along. Two days ago I also had really intense cramping. I freaked out and called into work the next day because I was sure that I was going to m/c. I had to beg the RE to do blood work. After all that- everything was fine. They said as long as there is no bleeding it should be okay. Try and rest and stay calm.

Thanks

I can identify with you because I'm having exactly the same thing. My cramping feels like it's more to one side, although I'm not exactly sure. I don't think mine is any more intense than your run of the mill AF cramps, but it IS waking me in the night. I'm also already feeling sick to my stomach, which is sort of weird. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that you're not alone. I'm calling the doc tomorrow. I called last week to tell her I was having "moderate" cramping (just got my BFP on Thursday), and she said that cramping around the ovaries in the beginning of pregnancy was quite normal, but if it got worse or there was bleeding, I should call. I'm not sure if it got worse or not, but I'm more scared now because I know it could be ectopic or something... Anyway, I'm going to call and see if I can come in, because maybe she can take a look and make sure everything looks okay. I know she won't see much, but I think they can look at the tubes and make sure there's no blockage. Your blood tests look great, so that's a good sign! Good luck. Let's keep each other posted!
    Hidden Content Marji
    TTC since January '07
    1st round Clomid 50mg - O'd, but BFN
    2nd round - June'07 - BFP on 7/18/07!!!

Welcome Maya Bella!
    3/30/08
    10:52 pm
    6 pounds 5 ounces
    19.5 inches long

Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Normal. Scary, but normal.

Thanks

Ladies it appears that there is a common thread...i discussed with my RE the cramps and he was not happy to hear that i was cramping...but happy to hear there was no blood....he told me it was not normal but perhaps it isnt normal for me....it bothers me to the point i take tylenol at night to ease the cramps...good luck and i hope its just normal growing pains...
    5 IVF Cycles...
    1 Beautiful baby boy in heaven.......Emmanuel (GOD is with US)
    1 Beautiful baby girl LuVHidden Content BuG....born 1/20/08 33 weeks 1 day......Hidden Content
    27 Days in the NICU....before Nichole Victoria came home to her parents!
    "Having done all that you can.........just STAND"
    I am eternally grateful for all that I have, all that i have been through and all that GOD has in store for me and my family.....

Thanks

I had it too. I kept expecting my period, and want to take a Midol. I think it's normal. Good luck!
    Pregnant!- EDD 12/30/07
    Son born 3/20/05! (got pregnant with 100mg of Clomid)

Thanks

I had terrible cramping in all of my pregnancies in the beginning. Even bleeding because I have SUCH a sensitive cervix. When the babies implanted, I bled. It was VERY scary. I kept thinking, okay this happened with the last baby why am I scared? It was still scary every time.

Try to relax. Are you drinking enough water? Is the cramping on one side, both sides, in the middle?? Cramping in early pregnancy is normal. Think about what your body is going through. Some people's bodies have more work to do to make room for baby and some people have a lower tolerance for it than others. Try to stay positive and enjoy your pregnancy. I know it is scary. I had three VERY scary pregnancies, so I know it's hard esp when it's your first. Pregnancy was truly uncomfortable for me - I am VERY aware of my body and noticed every little twinge or cramp. Try to relax and hang in there!!!!
    Hidden Content

Mollie (28) Kevin (29)

Ethan Andrew 6/22/00
    Abigail Frances (Abby) 11/10/02
    Olivia Margaret 9/28/06

Thanks

Are you doubled over in pain or does it just feel like you're about to bleed any second? If you're truly in PAIN, I'd call your OB.... but if you're just feeling menstrual cramping, it's likely normal. I freaked out early on b/c I swore I was about to start bleeding. I couldn't keep myself out of the bathroom checking!

Thanks

My doctor told me to drink water,,,,water........and more water...
    5 IVF Cycles...
    1 Beautiful baby boy in heaven.......Emmanuel (GOD is with US)
    1 Beautiful baby girl LuVHidden Content BuG....born 1/20/08 33 weeks 1 day......Hidden Content
    27 Days in the NICU....before Nichole Victoria came home to her parents!
    "Having done all that you can.........just STAND"
    I am eternally grateful for all that I have, all that i have been through and all that GOD has in store for me and my family.....

Ttc#1 4 over 6 LONG yrs!! Salinas_24's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice ladies, I have'nt had any episodes where I have had to be doubled over in pain, thank god. The cramping during the day is very dull, mostly to my right side. But sunday morning at around 3:30 am I got real intense cramping that woke me from dead sleep it was that bad,the pain was mostly concetrated in the middle of my lower abdomen, it lasted a while and then it went away. Then monday morning at 4 am I had the same thing happen but I was actually awake that time so I was'nt woken up from it and it was'nt as bad as the night befor nor did it last as long.
    Coastal, you hit it right on the nose, it feels or seems like I will start bleeding any second but thankfully I have'nt.

Diana (31) Eric (27)
    Married 9/12/03
    Hidden Content
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2003
    1 Chemical Pregnancy
    Hidden Content
    3 Blighted Ovums
    Hidden Content

Thanks

yeah I felt like that.... you're fine.... unless it gets incredibly bad (like unbearable) its likely just stretching. Theres a heck of a LOT going on in there.

Stays crunchy when wet PaintedDaisy's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had a lot of cramping during the early part of my pregnancies, too. Not enough to be in severe pain, but definitely noticible. I wanted to comment, though, and say that last year when I ended up miscarrying, I actually started bleeding without any cramping. The strong cramping didn't start until the bleeding was very heavy. So I take my cramping and non-bleeding to be a good sign. . .after that happened with my DD and she's perfectly fine.

Leila (28), DH (32)
    Darling girl E - 4/27/05
    Darling boy N - 4/1/08

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Salinas, I had major cramping too until about week 6. It was super scary, but normal. Drink lots of water and do breathing exercises, that helped me a lot. Your bean is doing great, just digging in for the long haul!
    me 34 DH 39 Metformin 1500mg, Nifedipine, Vitamin D, prenatal
    My big girl Sarah born 4/28/07!
    My little girl Alana born 7/27/11!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

While I think it sounds pretty normal, I would mention being woken from a dead sleep to the doctor, just to be on the safe side. (( HUGS )) and I hope it goes away but I would still tell the doctor about it.
    Elaine 41
    Patrick 41
    Allie 17 Ryan 8

Shop Avon with Me this Christmas
    Hidden Content