Thanks

Default Skin breakout after ovulation?

Does anyone else ever have a really bad skin breakout of acne after ovulation? I'm 5dpo today and since about 3dpo I have had a HORRIBLE breakout! OMG it's awful! I have tiny little zits over most of my body, including my arms, but it's most horrible on my face and chest! I've never had a breakout like this and I'm wondering if it's due to the change in hormones? Please tell me I'm not alone in this!

Manders
    Living Out Loud
    I will never forget. My heart is forever changed.

My life has changed thanks to my business!
    There is an incredible opportunity from now until April 1. It changed my life! What could it do for you?!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Manders, It is from the progesterone. One month I took npc after O because I thought I might have low progesterone and I was covered with little pimples. I used to have a clear complexion until the last couple cycles before my BFP. Now that I am pg, my forehead chronically has tiny pimples. Before I found out I was pg, I switched my skin care to Aveeno Clear Skin and it helped. It has salicylic (sp?) acid in it, but now I had to stop using it.

Thanks

Hi Manders,

I have the same problem you do. I always get a lot more acne after ovulation. Especially along my jaw line, chin, and body. It's the increase/change in hormones. I haven't found anything to clear it up. My skin is too sensitive to salicylic acid. Maybe you'll have better luck!
    5 angel babies
    4 unimaginable blessings
    ~ DS1 + DD1 + DD2 + DD3

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. ~Dalai Lama

Thanks

Ruth, thanks! I was really starting to freak out! It's been so awful! My face is really covered in tiny pimples and really my whole body is, but there are some huge ones on my chin. I don't even want to go out anywhere, I don't want to seen like this! I thought maybe it could have been from the prometrium I'm taking, but the acne started before I started taking them. UGH! Btw, I'm so happy for you and your pg!!!

jorologrl, I'm sorry you deal with this too! My chin is like one giant zit! Yuck! Plus all those tiny little zits, it just sucks. I just keep telling myself that it's a sign I ovulated since I don't have sore boobs or anything.

Thanks girls!

Manders
    Living Out Loud

There is an incredible opportunity from now until April 1. It changed my life! What could it do for you?!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Calculus is your friend NerdyGirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Manders~ On the morning after I O I wake up to a full blown oil slick on my face and chest! If I don't stay on top of it, I'll get a lot of acne on my jawline as well. Hopefully its a sign you had a strong O and your progesterone is high. Good luck in your 2ww!
    Michelle (38) + DH (38)

TTC #2

Thanks

Michelle, thanks. It helps to know I'm not the only one going through this. It really snuck up on me though! I woke up one morning and was like OMG! And the ones on my chin hurt so badly! I was in alot of pain the day I ovulated, so I'm hoping it was nice and strong! I don't have any other symptoms of high p4 though, like my boobs don't hurt or anything like that as they have in the past, so maybe the pimples are my new ovulation indicator! HA! Thank you for the well wishes! We're praying hard this is it!

Manders
    Living Out Loud

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have been dealing with exactly the same thing. I thought last month was bad but this month my skin is so awful! I wake up to an incredibly shiny face and I have 3 big spots/cysts on my jawline as I type - one of those made an appearance last night!
    I am currently 8 dpo but I have a feeling I'm not pg as I have absolutely no symptoms apart from disgusting spots.

Thanks

I have terrible acne this cycle (about 8dpo), a total of 7 of them on my face. I also had them the last 4 cycles (almost never before). I would just presume I wasn't ovulating before then lol.
    I also have one pimple that shows up 2 days before O, can you believe that? The same spot, (my left cheek), during my past 2 cycles. I guess I don't need opks anymore
    Me-33, Dh-32
    A result of Met 1,500, weight loss and tons of faith...

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

rosy, it sounds like you and I have about the same thing. Isn't it awful?! UGH! Mine are really painful too. Don't give up until AF shows!

Emma, I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with this craziness too! Your comment about not needing OPK's anymore cracked me up!

Good luck to all of us in clearing up our faces and getting a BFP!!!!! I know with my last pg my face was covered in tiny pimples, but at least I had a good reason then! Hopefully that reason is coming in about 9 days or so!

Manders
    Living Out Loud

Hidden Content

Hidden Content