Thanks

Unhappy Progesterone level of 0.3?!

Okay just a question. I went to the doctors today and my progesterone level was only 0.3. Is there anyone else who has had a level like this and then it increase with an increased dose of Clomid the next month? Or has anyone ever concieved after a level like this? I mean I know this month is a bust. But I'm worried about the coming months. The doctor said along with PCOS I have ovarian deficency and I was just wandering if that means I'll ever be able to get pregnant. He said if I do I will need to take Prometrium through the whole pregnancy.
    Me (Amanda) 23 DH (Mike) 24
    TTC since September 2006
    Metformin 1700mg
    Clomid:
    August 50mg- No O Bust!
    September 100mg- No O Bust!
    November 150mg- Egg didn't pop
    December 150mg & hCG- O'd! But BFN
    January 150mg & hCG- Waiting to O

...really wants a BFP! lesley182's Avatar
    Thanks

I am about to start my third cycle of Clomid in a couple days. My progesterone levels keep staying low as well. They keep telling me that like to see that number in the teens if you are on a medicated cycle. The teens seems like such a hard number for me to achieve though. I keep reading that if you have low progesterone you could benefit from using some type of progesterone (be it suppositories or cream) after ovulation. Might wanna give that a try.

I'm getting frustrated with this low progesterone thing too.. except my doctor has not even tried to prescribe the prometrium or any type of progesterone for me to even try. I keep trying to call her but all I get is nurses and that has been just unhelpful.

I actually had one of the nurses tell me today that "if we could fix low progesterone problems then me & her both could retire". How rude, huh? Made me wanna cry!

But anyway back to your question - definately ask your doctor about doing some type of progesterone therapy after you have ovulated - at least to help sustain a pregnancy if there might be one! Best of luck to you.

Thanks

Yeah I read online that the progesterone cream would be something good to try. I went in there expecting a low number maybe like 4 but not 0.3. It seems like such a hard number to increase. My doc said he would do the Progesterone therapy only if I could gt pregnant. So unless I O that's not an option. So hopefully a better cycle for us both next time.
    TTC since September 2006
    Metformin 1700mg
    Clomid:
    August 50mg- No O Bust!

Thanks

Hi Amanda,

Did you look into Vitex? If the doctor is not giving you meds for progestrone, you can try using another solution. I have posted the link and information for Vitex below. For more information on the product you can visit the alternative remedies section on this website or do an internet search.

Take care.

http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/vitex.html

Vitex agnus-castus (chaste tree berry) is a well-known herb that has been used for centuries in Europe for hormonal imbalances in women.
    It may be helpful for women with PCOS who do not have a normal menstrual cycle and thus don't ovulate or menstruate. A large percentage of these menstrual problems are related to insufficient progesterone during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, which is called a luteal phase defect or corpus luteum insufficiency. A corpus luteum insufficiency is defined as an abnormally low progesterone level 3 weeks after the onset of menstruation. Insufficient levels of progesterone may result in the formation of ovarian cysts.

In addition, some PCOS women have too much prolactin, which can inhibit fertility. Vitex may help with both of these problems

Thanks

Unfortunately with a level that low, shows no possible ovulation yet. Good luck!
    Check out my Ebay items under Avatar, Also have Fertility books:Hidden Content

Dana-27 Hidden Content DH Todd-34, EST. 1/23/99
    Started TTC end of 1998, Early Miscarriage Dec. '98
    Self Diagnosed PCOS 2001, Doctor Diagnosed PCOS 2002
    Hidden Content DD Paige 7/12/04 (conceived with met but on clomid break)
    Hidden Content DD Aubrey 5/5/06 (conceived with met and clomid)

Hidden Content

Thanks

Pearls- Yeah I looked into taking the Vitex in fact a long time ago I used to take it but I was told not to take it with the Clomid b/c they counter act each other

Dana- Yeah I knew yesterday I never O'd just had orginally thought I did. Looks like this month is a bust. The doctor started me on Provera again to AF should be here soon and then I'll be starting Clomid 100mg on CD5-9. So I am hoping to O next month. Unfortunatly I don't have too much faith b/c a level that low isn't good at all.
    TTC since September 2006
    Metformin 1700mg
    Clomid:
    August 50mg- No O Bust!

Thanks

Good luck with the clomid and may it be "The One" for you!
    Check out my Ebay items under Avatar, Also have Fertility books:Hidden Content

Dana-27 Hidden Content DH Todd-34, EST. 1/23/99
    Started TTC end of 1998, Early Miscarriage Dec. '98
    Self Diagnosed PCOS 2001, Doctor Diagnosed PCOS 2002
    Hidden Content DD Paige 7/12/04 (conceived with met but on clomid break)
    Hidden Content DD Aubrey 5/5/06 (conceived with met and clomid)

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi,

i have the same problem, i have just got the results back from my first round of clomid and nothing had changed it still showed my levels were 0.3, im really new to all this and im really worried, i dont understand why it hasnt even changed a little.

Thanks

I tried Clomid for 6 months and figured out I wasn't Oing at all with the 20day progesterone of .2 also. So frustrating isn't it? Then I went to a RE and he gives progesterone vaginal sup's to all his patients that are 35 & over (start 3 days after trigger, 1 day after Oing). But if that's an issue for you, I'd think your doctor could prescibe that, from what I understand it supports the embryo and can't hurt.
    (I used Femara with Ovidrel trigger with monitoring, so my dr. knew I had ovulated.)
    Good luck!!
    BFP - 4-10-09!!!
    Beta 15dpo - 311
    Beta 17dpo - 920
    Twins!!! due 12-19-09
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Babies are my anti-drug mickey7688's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a level of 1 my first clomid cycle and then the next being increased to 100mgs it went up to 12.2 so yea, it can help. It was only my 2nd cycle also, so i dont know if you have been doing more than that...
    Michelle: 21 DH: 33 Hidden Content
    Married Since 6-14-08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC on Hold. Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Emma - My progesterone level in August 2008 was 0.9 on 50 mg of clomid and I was so upset. My RE raised my dose to 100 mg for the month of September and I ovulated and got pregnant. Good luck to you!
    Me (30), DH (33), Madeline (4), Sophie (22 months)
    Starting April 2011 ttc #3 Hidden Content

M/C 03-05
    DX: PCOS 12-05
    DD #1 born 11/2006
    DD #2 born 06/2009
    Magical recipe for me : 1700 mg met, 100 mg of clomid (3-7 or 2-6), Pre-Seed, BD'ing ever other day 10-20.

Thanks

Hi what cd are you? your siggy says cd16 is that right? if so maybe you just didn't O yet? and if cd16 is what day you are on why is he having you take provera this early?
    Melanie~33 DH~38Hidden Content DAS~6 D-A-D born 10-21-13
    10-4-11 hsg showed both tubes blocked
    12-12-11 going to have surgery to remove left tube~ Didn't get removed have both tubes ALL CLEAR!!!

April 2013 Chemical Hidden Content
    Sept 2013 BFP Natural cycle
    1st Beta 20 2nd Beta 7 m/c Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Done with ttc we got our baby through the magic of adoption!!!

Thanks

Yes it is possible that by upping the dose, you can ovulate the next cycle. My first cycle was a 0.7 on 50mg. Then it was upped to 150mg and it was an 8.6, and then the following on 150mg it was a 3.1. So my number weren't very high, or ideal, but they definitely did go up and they showed ovulation.

I am trying Femara this time to see if my body responds any better. Best of luck!
    Melinda
    TTC #1 since Aug. 08 /Dx PCOS June 08
    Dx Hypothyroid/Hashimotos - May/June 09
    We adopted our daughter in 2010
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content target="_blank">