Thanks

Default alternatives to Spironolactone?

when i was first diagnosed my doctor put me on Spironolactone to help my excessive hair growth on my face and other places. Last year i decided to come off of it because i didnt want to be taking so many pills a day. However, my facial hair around my eyebrows grows so fast and so much, and hair on my arms is so dark. Does anyone have any good alternatives besides nair(i hate the smell) that can help me?

i'm just ranting because i hate having to pluck my eyebrows everysingle day!!

-kate

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure about an alternative. But if Spiro was helping you, I would suggest you think about starting it again. I tried it and had an allergic reaction, unfortunately. But I would have put up with the pills if it meant less hair.
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks

Sorry, an alternative herbal to Spiro is Saw Palmetto. Like Sprio, everyone reacts differently, it may or may not help.
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough View Post
    Sorry, an alternative herbal to Spiro is Saw Palmetto. Like Sprio, everyone reacts differently, it may or may not help.
    Interesting. I can't take spiro because I"m TTC but I get soooo tired of the continued plucking. Time to research the details there!
    Wendy (29) + Lukas (36)
    and new arrival - Noah Daniel - 5-7-09
    + one angel twin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I don't think Saw Palmetto is safe during pregnancy (which probably means not a good idea while TTC). I don't think you could be taking anything safe right now for the hair. So the best option is to look for the easiest way to treat/manage your hair until your baby is here (hopefully soon!)

I would pluck a little & shave the rest during my pregnancy.

Now that I'm pp, I tried Sprio like I said. I was going to start Saw Palmetto, but was advised not to. I'm currently on Diane-35, Metformin, and undergoing Laser hair removal.