Thanks

Default Alfalfa -- Regulates Estrogen Levels

I've been reading on the T-Tapp site regarding alfalfa supplements and here is a post I found that I thought interesting:

Actually, Alfalfa is NOT a phyto-estrogen. Phyto-estrogens can cause adverse reactions with swollen breast tissue, cysts, lymph node inflammation, etc. Typically those with estrogen dominance cannot tolerate consumption of coffee, a known phyto-estrogen or ingestation of soy milk, soy shakes, soy supplements or soy foods. Additionally estrogen dominance creates increased insulin production which creates sensitivity to carbohydrates...specifically those that are processed or simple. (ie: sugar, candy, chips, bread, crackers, etc)

Clinically proven is Alfalfa's ability to help the body help itself via pituitary support to regulate estrogen levels. This means if estrogen is too high, it will lower and if estrogen is too low, it will increase. So if one has estrogen/insulin/carbohydrate sensitivies, one can increase supplementation of Alfalfa accordingly. (ie: increase when you "cheat" or increase any of the target foods or drinks like soda, alcohol or coffee) This all has to be done on a trial and error basis since each person's body is different but usually 9-12 per day seems to work for those in peri-menopause or menopause or 6 to 9 for those taking birth control.

HOWEVER, if one is allergic to grass then one obviously cannot tolerate alfalfa nor gain benefit from its consumption.

For those individuals I suggest CRT body brushing, always consume protein/fat at same time of any carb, limit consumption of known phyto-estrogen foods, NEVER consume carbs right before bedtime and ALWAYS take Calcium/Mag right before bedtime (I prefer Cal/Mag Plus these days) Calcium/Mag before bedtime helps your body product Human Growth Hormone which helps your body maintain a better hormonal balance.

There are so many hormones present in today's foods and even skin products. READ LABELS!

Another product I like is called Udo's Choice Oil (in refrig section at most health food stores) This product is excellent in providing necessary elements for better body balance with hormones. I add a teaspoon daily to my balsmatic vinegar to create a homemade salad dressing for veggies.

Last of all, try using a topical progesterone creme. There are several good ones on the market - I like Pro'Leve.

Hope this helps...it sounds like your body doesn't like alfalfa. Even though I think the Premium Blend of Alfalfa is amazing in helping the body help itself in many ways, you still have to listen to your own body.

Good luck, Teresa

ps - interestingly, now that my body is in peri stage, I can no longer enjoy hummus. It sets me off within hours! Bummer since I used to love home-made hummus.

Someone posted after this:

Hey ya
    just wanted to add that I followed T's advice here, to a 'T' for estrogen dominance problems and it so TOTALLY WORKED FOR ME! 25 years of suffering in silence completely GONE!

Something worth researching further.

Anyone else use alfalfa?

BTW, the link to the thread is here:
    http://forum.t-tapp.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31748

~Kat Hidden Content
    F, 46, 5'7"
    PCOS Dx: Feb '06
    Diabetes & Hypothyroidism Dx: Nov '07

Metformin ER, 1000 mg: 7/21/07, Increased to 2000 mg 2/8/08
    Levothyroxin, 25 mcg: 11/6/07, Increased to 50 mcg 2/8/08, Increased to 75 mcg 9/9/08, Increased to 100 mcg (get date)
    Vit D deficiency -- started 5,000 IUs daily 6/26/09
    Progesterone Cream Rx - started 6/30/09

Hidden Content

Thanks

Wow, very interesting. I will definitely be looking into this. Thank you!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I didn't get the part about the hummus...

Thanks

I wish I weren't allergic to grass, I would love to give Alfalfa a try!