Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Does PCOS make you constantly fatigued??

I've just been diagnosed with PCOS and I've been wondering if its the reason why I am constantly tired despite getting plenty of sleep. If it is PCOS related, is there anything I can do?

xx
    Hidden Content Kitty
    Diagnosed 2 months ago and still pretty clueless....

Thanks

wecme Kitty, pcos sometimes cause a little insulin resistance which in turn causes the weakness that accompanies pcos.Are you on Metformin?Find out from your Dr if there is medications to help you and try to increase your physical ativities,might help.
    Am constantly fatigued on till started Met, it helped me.
    Take care

it's an odd, odd world. obuphio's Avatar
    Thanks

I am constantly exhausted...and am on Met so I don't know that it has made much difference for me.
    No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain, you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office. ~ George Bernard Shaw
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Humor is merely tragedy standing on its head with its pants torn.~ Irvin S. Cobb

Hidden Content

Thanks

I've been on met for almost 4 years and I have some days that I have tons of energy and others where I feel like I ran a marathon. I'm tired and my muscles are sore. It seems like it is connected to what I'm eating on that day. Try to change your diet a little and see if that helps any. Maybe you are getting too much or too little carbs. It's a fine balance with PCOS.
    Last edited by Torielynn; 09-02-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Blog Entries

While PCOS can put women at risk for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, your fatigue could be due to any NUMBER of problems including sleep apnea, allergies, insulin resistance, etc...

You should note when the fatigue is at it's worst, and mention it to your doctor to find out what the real cause is.

Thanks

Hello Kitty1988,
    For me I am fatigued alot too. Not as much now as I use to be. I found out that my fatigue had alot to do with my thyroid not functioning correctly as well as my PCOS b/c my hormones are not right. Now all I have trouble with is I don't sleep very well at all. My doctor said that b/c of my PCOS and my hormones being out of wack it causes my sleep patterns to not be good which causes me to be fatigued alot. Now that my thyroid is fixed and when my hormones are normal(if ever,SMILE) then I should not have this problem anymore.
    So,yes you can be fatigued from your PCOS w/ your hormones being off,but there could also be some other factors that are causing you extreme fatigue,get your thyroid checked,also if you are depressed at all that can cause fatigue b/c when you are sleeping you are not sleeping well.Also,they say if you walk 3times awake that can help with your energy too.For me I find that doesn't help even when I walk regularly I still struggle with fatigue.
    Good luck!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by obuphio View Post
    I am constantly exhausted...and am on Met so I don't know that it has made much difference for me.
    This is how I am. It doesn't matter if I get lots of exercise or eat right, I am always exhausted.

Thanks

I too am tired a lot. I am going to ask the dr. to switch me to the ER metformin and I have just added a good B complex suppliment as I read somewhere it can drain your B12. Also, I have to have a thyroid test again in a month and maybe that is off.
    Karen
    With hope for a better tomorrow,
    Karen

Be the change you wish to see in the world.- Ghandi

Hidden Content

Only 2 weeks till the end of the Christmas Challenge!

Thanks

very tired all the time but I work full time to....

Thanks

I am tired a lot also. However, if I get up, get in the shower, get ready, and go somewhere and/or keep busy - I am OK! It's when I sit around and laze around, I get real tired and could probably sleep all day, if I let myself.

Thanks

hi

yes, id also say to have a word with your dr. Do you tke any vitamins?? i have found that im not so bad now that i have met and vitamins.
    eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Registered User sarah jane parr's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to be always tired, it used to be dreadful plus i do alot of driving with my work so that didnt help. Ever since i started taking my multi vitamins, i feel not so tired anymore, weird.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KristieS View Post
    This is how I am. It doesn't matter if I get lots of exercise or eat right, I am always exhausted.
    That's how I am to. Always exausted. I'm still in the process of being diagnosed so hopefully my doctor will have some ideas.

Thanks

I am EXHAUSTED Monday-Thursday! I work 10 hours a day. But I seem to be more tired then everybody else at work. I come home and pass out half the time. It sucks having no energy. I am trying to be healthy, eating well, TRYING to work-out. Its so damn hard though during the week. It's not even 8pm and I am about to hit the sack! Some days I am showed and in bed at 6!!! I HATE IT!
    NICKY(25)
    Married 2 years
    No kids
    2 doggies

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Go to Hidden Content for before/during photos of my weightloss!

Thanks

i'm always tired...i work nights though..being a single parent doesn't help either