Thanks

Default Can you have pregnancy symptoms without being pregnant?

Let me start this off by saying that I'm not pregnant. I believe in waiting until marriage, and I'm not married, so let's leave it at that. It's kind of embarassing to talk about with most people.

I woke up yesterday with sensitive, tender nipples. My breasts themselves are sore, not to the point that I can't bump my shirt with my arm, but to the point when I'm adjusting myself in my bra (I'm a DD so it's necessary) it's sore.

I've never had breast tenderness, even with PMS. Maybe once or twice in my life, and I always had regular periods since I started in 1995.

I have had bad nausea and food aversion lately, to the point where yesterday I was eating and halfway through my meal that was delicious when I first started eating, I had to push it away because I thought I'd throw up if I ate the rest of it.

I had a lot of food aversion when I first went on Metformin, but that was almost two years ago and it's been pretty good lately.

I'm not currently taking any hormones, but I'm coming off of Depo Provera. I had my last shot in April.

What could be causing this?
    Sally, 30 years old
    Diagnosed PCOS 11-22-05
    Metformin 1000 mg 2x daily
    Nexium 40 mg
    Singulair 10 mg
    Zyrtec 10 mg
    Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily
    Norvasc 10 mg
    Depo-Provera (at the moment)

Mom 2 Oops Whoops & Uh-Oh ~*Heart*~'s Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure what could be causing it, but I have had symptoms without being PG...without even the POSSIBILITY of being PG lol. I was 20 and still a virgin lol. I went on BCP (the old PCOS bandaid), and had all the symtoms you described.

It could be just a hormonal shift as it can take more than a year for you to get back to "normal" after Depo.

Seeking my path..... fairyladie's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this happen to me and i thought i was losing my mind. I went to the doctor and he did a urine test and i had to wait 3 days for the results. I was having morning sickness even through out the day and breast were sore, I had all the symptoms of a pregnancy. The test came back negative and I was a mess. i had the book What to expect when your expecting-( told you i was losing it).I also have to note that i wasn't taking anything either, no bcp, met nothing. And in the book, it mentioned that sometimes women who seriously want a baby but are having difficulty end up suffering from a false pregnancy. I don't know what truth there is to that but as for me it hit it on the head. I cried so much when the test came back negative, I felt like i was losing this child that existed only to me. Sounds crazy right. But i was really down for like a month and then all the symptoms went away.
    Officially Dx 2005
    Finasteride 5mg 1x a day
    Byetta 10mg 2x a day
    Metformin ER 2000mg 2x a day
    Endo Biopsy 10/19/07
    Results: 11/02/07
    Endometrial Hyperplasia
    Atypical
    SHG 11/02/07 : Polyps .
    Not TTC

Hidden Content

Thanks

actually, i am having that right now although i havent taken a test to find out for sure (tired of the results) if i am pregnant. i first got my period at the age of 11 and at the age of 15 i was diagnosed with PCOS. my periods were never regular and if i wasnt bleeding non-stop for 3 months then i wouldnt have one for a year. i was put on Nuva ring at 15 and stopped taking it 19. i am 21 now and have had normal periods for 2 years until the past almost 1.5 months i havent had a period. i have lost 50 lbs in hopes that it would help with ovulation and conception. i have been extremely bloated and had werid urges to eat alot..its weird, fatigue is also an issue. if anyone knows anything it would be helpful. i'm not on any meds.

Thanks

If you've had any sexual contact with a guy (and sorry, I don't know your circumstances, so sorry if that offends!), then it's worth taking a test just in case. I know of at least two people who have got pregnant accidentely through sexual contact (and without being too explicit, it was not genital contact)... it CAN happen... those sperm can swim!

Thanks

im like this right now (although i am married). Can you see your dr about it?? hope you feel better soon
    eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm glad I'm not alone, but I hate that others feel this way too.

Unless I got pregnant off a toilet seat, there's no way I'm pregnant. I thought I'd clarified earlier, but I guess I should just come right out and say it. I'm waiting until marriage, and I haven't had a boyfriend in years. No making-out, no nothing in a long time. I know a lot of the time people say there's no way they're pregnant, and they end up with a positive test, but I can say with certainty that I'm not.
    Sally, 30 years old
    Diagnosed PCOS 11-22-05
    Metformin 1000 mg 2x daily
    Nexium 40 mg
    Singulair 10 mg
    Zyrtec 10 mg
    Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily
    Norvasc 10 mg
    Depo-Provera (at the moment)

Thanks

Yeah, this happened to me. I had drs telling me "congratulations!" And I'm like "noooooooooo!" Luckily I wasn't. But it took a good 6 months and 2 ultrasounds to come to that conclusion. Not to mention so many urine tests that I used to dream about them. Man, I was even turned off chocolate. CHOCOLATE! That, to the dr, was a sure-fire sign. A woman who could no longer eat chocolate without puking MUST be pregnant. But no. I even got to the point where I looked pregnant. I waddled, My breasts grew, sore, enlarged nipples everything. Heh. It was not so much fun. I was 20. And I was NOT looking to get pregnant. So it couldn't have been the psychological desire for a baby. After 6 months of that crap I was diagnosed with PCOS. Apparently it was just hormonal imbalance, a particularly nasty case the endo said. So don't freak out. You really aren't pregnant, nor insane (which I considered multiple times). It's just your body getting out of whack. It'll pass. Mine did.

But no, 2 years later I still can't eat chocolate.
    Erinn Hidden Content
    "I've tripped again and things are starting to get interesting..."

Quote of the day: "When my eyes get all glazed and my head starts bobbing, don't try to listen for the music. There is no music. There is just me. I'm dreaming."

Thanks

NO CHOCOLATE??? OH NO! wow...its weird how our bodies do weird things like this isnt...i wish it werent so but all we can do is keep hope and do all we can!

Thanks

Aha! I actually started a thread last week because I wasn't aware about this one, until Eww (thanks ) sent me this link.... anyways, been having pregnancy-like symptoms and just got a blood test back stating that I am NOT pregnant (thank God, hehe, I'm turning 23 and just broke up with bf, so I wouldn't really be looking forward to running around with a kid, haha) so I was sort of freaking out.... until my doc confirmed that I had PCOS so he wants me to start taking Lybrel, which is I guess a type of BCP that stops you from ovulating/having a menstrual cycle.... it's called the 365 pill.... hah....