Wiccan Cyster Brigid_CloverMoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Anyone ever read this book?

It's called "Screaming to be Heard, Hormone Connections Women Suspect and Doctors Still Ignore"? I just got it the other day and was curious if anyone ever read it? It's not strictly a PCOS book but it does have information about it and it covers many women's issue such as menstruation, menopause, PMS, PCOS, Mood changes, various hormone issues, pregnancy, HRT, memory loss, fatigue, migraines, cysts,heart issues, breast cancer, holisitc medicine, and osteoporosis. Just thought Ii'd mention it to you all.
    Blessed Be,
    Angie P.
    22 yr old, single, no kids
    Taking Yasmin bcp
    Still awaiting PCOS diagnosis
    Being tested for:
    FSH, LH, 17-A-OH-Progesterone, T4 Free and Total Testosterone
    Practicing Kripalu and Hatha Yoga
    College Student, soon to be Graphic Designer!
    Huge Hockey fan (I bleed orange and black..LET'S GO FLYERS!)I also love the Eagles.

Biology Teacher Cyster denise26's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I have it but haven't read it all

I bought it a few months ago but was a little disappointed when I got it -- i was hoping it would be more about PCOS but it seems to be more about menopause -- I did read some of it, and I thought it was interesting, but I got an endocrinology and metabolism med school textbook around the same time and I have been working through that first (I got tired of inadequate doctor answers, so I figured I would go to the source). I'm sure I'll get to it someday though. Let me know if you find anything particularly interesting!

Wiccan Cyster Brigid_CloverMoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I agree

I thought that there would be more about PCOS in it too because I did a search on Amazon for PCOS and that was one book that came up. It did have some tests and ways to get diagnosed in it and that is what I really needed to know about.
    Blessed Be,
    Angie P.
    22 yr old, single, no kids
    Taking Yasmin bcp
    Still awaiting PCOS diagnosis
    Being tested for:
    FSH, LH, 17-A-OH-Progesterone, T4 Free and Total Testosterone
    Practicing Kripalu and Hatha Yoga
    College Student, soon to be Graphic Designer!
    Huge Hockey fan (I bleed orange and black..LET'S GO FLYERS!)I also love the Eagles.