Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question ETA: Herbalist said Maca(Info Please) Herbal increased chance of twins.

I'm looking for something herbal to take that would increase my chances of having twins.

This is a serious question so please no bashing or telling me that I don't know what I'm asking for.
    Last edited by TheJones; 10-25-2007 at 07:58 PM.
    Amanda: 30 Hidden Content DH: 37
    Hidden Content TTC #1 since April 2006 w/PCOS (Surprise BFP after 7 years and 10 months)

2/5-BFP!!!! ~~ 2/6-Beta 175.6 P4 14.2 ~~ 2/14-Beta 3001.1 P4 25.9 Ultrasound showed gestational sac!!!

Hidden Content

Thanks

Can't help you just wanted to give you a bump. Good luck on your quest I find one baby hard I admire you for taking on 2 at a time! **BABYDUST**
    Becky
    Lucky enough to adopt: DD Bianca 6/30/2007 6lbs 14 oz. 19.5 inches long Hidden Content
    Bio DD Megan 9/26/2008 6lbs 15 oz. 19.5 inches long Hidden Content
    Starting over 2013 - Going to TTC #3!!! Hidden Content

Thanks

I did some research out of curiosity because I don't know of any herbs that would increase your chance of twins. I found some stuff, but nothing overly helpful. Just wanted to show you what I found:

http://www.herbnet.com/ask%20the%20h...cy_Nursing.htm
    TWINS
    QUESTION: Is there any "natural" way to help my chances of conceiving twins? My husband and I both desperately want to conceive twins. Is there an herbal aid for increased ovulation to help multiple eggs drop during ovulation? Does Chasteberry or False Unicorn Root have this effect? Thanks

ANSWER: Twins are genetic and run in families. If they are not present in either you or your husband's family lines, then the chances of this happening naturally are pretty null. As for trying to "force" it, I wouldn't recommend it. As with fertility drugs, any time one tries to interfere with that delicate balance, there can be problems. Personally, I don't think the risk outweighs the benefit.
    http://www.pregnancy-info.net/QA/answers-Yams__twins_/
    Answer: Yams, a type of sweet potato, have also been linked with multiple births. A tribe in Africa whose diet consists mostly of yams was recently found to have exceptionally high rates of twins and multiple births. Yams are thought to contain chemicals that stimulate hyperovulation, increasing your chances of conceiving twins.
    Answer: mychubbyhubby - As annahoban7 said yeah this can increase the chances. Other things that can increase the chances of hyperovulation are increased dairy intake, folate and calcium tablets and a herbalist gave me this list of things to help as well.....red raspberry leaf and chaste tree berry are most used (by the lady) along with green tea, nettle leaf, ladies mantle and evening primrose....... Good Luck with it!!
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2109825_conceive-twins.html

I've heard that yam isn't good for women with PCOS (not sure why - I've never liked them, so I never worried about the why's).

Thanks

Becky: I think for the time being I'm just going to add Folic Acid and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. Neither of these could hurt!

I'll keep reseaching.Let me know if you find anything else (or if anyone knows/finds anything else)
    Hidden Content TTC #1 since April 2006 w/PCOS (Surprise BFP after 7 years and 10 months)

2/5-BFP!!!! ~~ 2/6-Beta 175.6 P4 14.2 ~~ 2/14-Beta 3001.1 P4 25.9 Ultrasound showed gestational sac!!!

Hidden Content

Thanks

Becky: I just noticed you took Folic Acid and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. How much did you take/drink a day?

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I just want to mention that there was a woman mentioned on the Mothering.com discussion boards that said that A lady and her doctor BOTH believe that when she took Royal Jelly it made her get pregnant with twins, somthing like that. I think you can take up to 4,500 mg of Royal Jelly a day. It really is a fertility herb. If I was trying for twins I would do a large dose from cycle days 1-Ovulation (or a few days past ovulation) plus other fertility-twin boosting herbs.
    Losing wieght down to a healthy weight by counting bites
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Reached my goal weight in 18 weeks!!! Went from 218.2 lbs to 149.8 lbs!! 68.4 lbs lost! Click on link above and feel free to ask me any questions about counting bites ect for weight loss!

Thanks

Amanda: Thanks! I'll look into that.

I emailed a herbalist earlier and he just responded and told me to take Maca. Any ideas on that?

Off the research the Royal Jelly now.

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ive got another two things for you... Yams...lots and lots of yams . I read that you should consume 1/2 cup sweet potatoes a day if you want to get pregnant with twins. The peelings of the sweet potatoes causes Hyperovulation, making the ovary release more than one follicle. I would probably tend to eat more than 1/2 cup a day though if I was really seriously trying this! Also Women who consume lots of dairy products are 5 times more likely to have twins/multiples
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Reached my goal weight in 18 weeks!!! Went from 218.2 lbs to 149.8 lbs!! 68.4 lbs lost! Click on link above and feel free to ask me any questions about counting bites ect for weight loss!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to herbsgirl For This Useful Post:

Chachafance (01-21-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

High doses of Folic acid (some places like March of dimes recomend up to 5 grams or 5,000 mg something like that) and high doses of VItamin B 12 are associated with more twin births. Anything that acts like a "Natural CLomid" in my opinion will up your chances of HyperOvultion/producing more than one follicle/egg. I know one lady was trying to Ovulate so she took THREE HERBAL CLOMIDS or whatever at one time: Soy, Red Clover, AND Licorice which all promote Ovulation. The thing with natural clomids is you usually take them 5 days early in the cycle and then stop and wait. There are many variations to this... cycle days 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, or 4-8. I think she said she ovulated on those, but to produce more than one egg, you need lots of ovarian stimulation. Yes I know Maca is good, I took Maca for a while.

Higher quanities of Animal Protiens are also asscociated with twin births.

i used to want twins.
    Last edited by herbsgirl; 10-25-2007 at 08:28 PM.
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

11. The Following User Says Thank You to herbsgirl For This Useful Post:

Chachafance (01-21-2012)

Thanks

Just posting to this thread. Twins run in both mine and DH's families.

TTC #4 mommy to three lovely little ladies 6.5,5,&1.5

Thanks

Just an fyi... yams and sweet potatoes are not the same thing. Yams are a starchy white tuber, while sweet potatoes are the orange, sweet things that we buy around thanksgiving. Finding true yams in North America can take some looking.
    Dx 2002 after a year of my own research. That research and much prayer lead to our two blessings, born in 2004 and 2007. Hidden Content

Thanks

I would love to have twins...Excellent question.

Thanks

A friend told me that there was something that could be taken. She said it was a white 'horse-pill' sized pill. Any idea what that could be?

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is she talking about Clomid or another fertility drug?
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Thanks

No. She said that this pill was over-the-counter and possible herbal.

Hidden Content