Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Painful cysts on inner thigh?

I have these little cysts on my inner thighs... and they can hut like heck! I read something on a board that someone had these too, and it had been correlated to PCOS... anyone else ever head of this?

Thanks

I have two of them right now....one for each thigh! I keep getting them but didn't realize that they might somehow be related to PCOS! I wish I knew how to get rid of them!!!
    DX: PCOS - Oct. 21/02
    Also have Hypothyroidism (on Synthroid)

Fertility treatments - Clomid (50mg, CD3-7)
    - 1st attempt (11/20/02) - FAILED
    - 2nd attempt (12/20/02) - BECAME PREGNANT!
    Amy was born on on Oct. 1, 2003!

Hidden Content

Christian ladies join me at:
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

someone said that it has to do with being IR. so lower your carb intake and it should start to go away. talk to a doctor about them.

Thanks

Default ouchies

I got them too. And not to be like grossing anyone out. But they can pop and it hurts. IT still hurts afterwards, but it does feel a bit better once they are popped.
    I have been getting them for about a year. Before ever told about PCOS. That was one of they symtoms that claimed lead them to believe.....
    I just started a low carb diet, and today is my first "PCOS docter visit"

We will see how it all goes...

I donno, guess there was no real info there. Just letting you know theres others like you out there suffering along with you.
    ashes

new to all this... not understanding anything......

Thanks

ohhh bless you guyz

they are actually from wearing a skirt or from the inside hem of trousers rubbing together ....

there are a few preventative measures but as for getting rid im a ffraid i dont know the answer ...i too have lots .

you could wear some cycling shorts or support shorts but make sure they dont have an inside leg seam !

or rub talcompowder on your inside thighs regularly

or i have heard this works have not tried it myself ..... use a roll on deoderent and apply it to your inside thighs both sides covering the area that is in contact with your other thigh ..if ya know what i mean ! but let it dry b4 you stand or put ya legs together again ..lol i dont know if this works but a friend of my mum swears by it !

i sometimes get them come up rather large and at times i have had to painfully burst them to try and eliviate the pain...... but i find that prevention works best . i get them mainly when walking around for more than an hour ..like going to the shops or something and it is worse if i wear a skirt and my bear skin rubs together ouuuuuch .

the cysts turn a purple color after they have gone down and my inside legs are totally covered with purple dots ..lol not nice i just wish i had figgured it out sooner then it wouldnt be soo bad .

and it has only gotten soo bad since i have gained all my weight but b4 i did my legs were rubbing toether anyway but not half as much as they do now

anyhow i hope i have helped somewhat cause i know how awful it can be and the funny looks you get when walking around town like youve just got off a horse just make it worse ......

all my love jo x x x x x x x x x x x

Thanks

I think they are realted to pcos.

They come up in conversation a lot around here.

I have one myself at this time.

I baby oil my inner thighs evrytime I shower and that helps to keep them to a minimum for me.

They are very painful.
    Kathie age 48
    diagnosed Stein Leventhal Syndrome (pcos) in early 1980's

12 years of infertility before
    Two pergonal pregnancies
    30 years of marriage

one single pergonal pregnancy in 1989 , one triplet pergonal pregnancy that lasted 28 weeks in 1990--one triplet baby in heaven--one child with cerebral palsy in a wheelchair.

positive pregnancy test on 5-8-2003-What a surprise!!
    A little girl was born in December 2003--what a blessing.

Thanks

I get these all the time and my doc says it is related to PCOS. Something to do with being IR. I have not find any way to get rid of them. I have lowered by carb intake and I still get them. I also get those big cysts in my waist-band area. In fact, I have a big one right now. They are terribly painful and I wish I could figure out a way to keep them at a minimum.
    Angeltears
    PCOS
    Age 45
    No longer TTC--I'm Too Old Now (We gave up the fight)
    Still taking Glucophage
    One Fur Baby--Bridget--our blind cocker spaniel

Thanks

well .....

as far as being PCOS related it may well be ........

but i know lots of large women and they have to very same problem and as far as i know (and i have asked them) they do not have pcos!

although yes you could say its pcos relate as after all weight gain is part of pcos and being large causes your legs to rub together ect ect
    i know how you all feel about this as it is embarrasing and not very nice .. there are many many things it could be but I myself have found that the preventative measures i mentioned above do stop them from developing if i keep up with one or all of the prevention measures

just my input and i hope i help some of you ladies out

Registered User Diane In Colorado's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to get these regularly, haven't had any in quite some time. My mom said to put a raw potato on it for a while, it will draw out the yucks. Mine were so bad at times I couldn't walk.
    I never tried it, I guess I was a sucker for pain.

Worth a shot maybe!
    27 years old
    Hubby - 29 years old
    Daughter - 6 years old
    Son - 1 year old
    Miscarried twice
    Diagnosed PCOS 6/2001
    Started Atkins diet in July 2001, have lost 70 lbs!

Thanks

I've been getting them a lot lately. they aren't that big, just turn real red and painful. Luckily none of them have been in the area that rubs together when I walk.

Anyway I was always told that campho-phenique was good for drawing out infection too. Given that you haven't broken the skin a little dab should help bring it to a head so you can pop it.

PCOS+IR, Hypothyroidism
    Sleep Apnea (cured by tonsillectomy)
    30-Something Mommy of 2
    Logan Scott born April 9, 2004!
    Conor James born Nov 1, 2006.

Hidden Content   Hidden Content

Thanks

There is a medical name for this. It is Hidradentitis Suppurativa.
    There is no cure and treatment is hit and miss. There is a link in my signature that will help you learn more.
    32 years old
    PCOS,Insulin resistant,Rosacea,
    Hidradenitis Suppurativa(There is a connection)
    For Hidradenitis Info, Check out
    http://hs-usa.org/home.htm
    Official HS Website
    Also here is a link of an excellent medical description of HS.PRINT IT OUT AND TAKE IT TO YOUR DOCTOR!
    http://www.mf.uni-lj.si/acta-apa/acta-apa-00-4/papadopoulos.html

Thanks

I have started getting these cysts, - but the first one I had was behind my right thigh in a very awkward place to see, but it was painful, when showed my doc she just said not to worry about it - no advice or meds given whatsoever, but it hasn't gone away, even though it feels smaller its still there. Now I recently found one on my inner left thigh. This one is quite painful and not in an ideal place where my thighs do rub (I am a larger lady). I have read on another forum to try crystal deodorant so will try that, just wanted to say thanks all for sharing you experiences and advice, I have found it very useful xxx

Thanks

Susie - I still get those cysts occasionally at 54 years old. They are a part of pcos.

You will read that they are caused by rubbing - I don't believe that, because sometimes they appear where they cannot rub.

I suspect it is a way the body is trying to rid itself of some contaminant.

Basically, I believe pcos is given to us, maybe through an immunization, maybe it's a reaction to

common food additives - not sure how it is acquired. But, I believe pcos is acquired and no

doctor wants to tread there...perhaps it is a form of population control? A failure there because pcos women go on

fertility drugs and have more children that they would have if they had their fertility.

So- you will either get a half creditable answer from your doctor, or none.

Because if they know the cause of pcos, they don't dare admit it. They spend very very

little time teaching doctors anything about pcos in school. I once heard 20 minutes on

the subject. I really don't think pcos is a mystery because Oprah Wynnfree didn't seem to want to touch

the subject.
    Kathie age 48
    diagnosed Stein Leventhal Syndrome (pcos) in early 1980's

12 years of infertility before
    Two pergonal pregnancies
    30 years of marriage

one single pergonal pregnancy in 1989 , one triplet pergonal pregnancy that lasted 28 weeks in 1990--one triplet baby in heaven--one child with cerebral palsy in a wheelchair.

positive pregnancy test on 5-8-2003-What a surprise!!
    A little girl was born in December 2003--what a blessing.

Thanks

you mean little spots? i get tonnes of them sure, always have. Cysts? i've had two cysts on my thighs before, and let me tell you they are NOT pleasant. Very different to the little pimples that come up when the skin rubs and irritates the hair follicle. Cysts are much much bigger and do not go away unless you squeeze them and get ALL of it out. When i'm on a mission with something like that i don't care how much it hurts or what i have to do, i can do it. With these cysts you need loads of tissue to catch all the bad stuff and literally squeeze it about 4 inches in each direction to get it, gross i know. I've not had one in years.

Blessed beyond measure Stormy77's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 2 right now. Its from the PCOS and being IR. If I eat low carb they are not as bad.
    Shannon, married 15 yrs to the love of my life. Adopted mom to 22 yr old Lacey, stepmom to 17 yr old Holly, mommy to Trinity and Jacob

Hidden Content Hidden Content