Thanks

Default CD 105 - taking Vitex, can I take Prometrium?

So here's my story: went off bcp in January. Didn't have AF until August when my ob gave me Prometrium. Decided I didn't like that doctor and haven't been back since. Started taking Vitex about 9 weeks ago. Haven't had AF since August.

Should I continue with Vitex and take Prometrium to bring on AF? Should I stop vitex and take the prometrium? Should I continue with the vitex but not take prometrium? Any suggestions? I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm also in the process of looking for a new doctor and can't make up my mind there either...debating between an obgyn who specializes in herbal remedies and an RE who specializes in PCOS. I wouldn't mind trying to feel my way through all this if we weren't ttc. Plus, you know how it goes, everyone around me is getting pg at the drop of a hat! So I think that's putting pressure on me to make the "right" decision.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16cd21

Thanks for any advice/suggestions you have!
    TTC our first since Jan 2007
    Dx PCOS: Aug 2007
    Omega 369, Cinnamon - 1500 mg,
    Prenatal vitamin
    Starting Clomid in January 2008
    Lost 27 lbs!
    (22 more to go)
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi there! I would say that you could take prometrium with the Vitex because it's my understanding that prometrium is the same as progesterone cream and I know some cysters use npc (natural progesterone cream) along with Vitex. I was looking at your siggy and noticed you are taking 500mg of Vitex. I'm wondering if you need to increase your dose. I started taking Vitex 7 weeks ago and took 800mg for 37 days and no af, so I increased my dose to 1200mg and 10 days later got af. I'm taking the brand Nature's Way and they are 400mg capsules and the label said to take 1-3 capsules daily for 8-12 weeks and then go down to 1 capsule daily. Hope this helps!

Thanks

I'm taking Nature's Fingerprint (or something like that from GNC). It only says to take one per day.... but I may try to increase that for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    TTC our first since Jan 2007
    Dx PCOS: Aug 2007
    Omega 369, Cinnamon - 1500 mg,
    Prenatal vitamin
    Starting Clomid in January 2008
    Lost 27 lbs!
    (22 more to go)
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    I started taking Vitex 7 weeks ago and took 800mg for 37 days and no af, so I increased my dose to 1200mg and 10 days later got af. I'm taking the brand Nature's Way and they are 400mg capsules and the label said to take 1-3 capsules daily for 8-12 weeks and then go down to 1 capsule daily. Hope this helps!
    Mommy1 do you think that I shoudl go ahead and boost mine mg's up it's only been 4 weeks but I was reading yours and I was thinking I could take one in the morning and the 2 at night whatcha think?
    (Me) 43 (hubby) 33 Hidden Content 13 years strong
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years
    Alexander born 8/8/2013 Hidden Content

Thanks

Chula~ Are you taking Nature's Way also? I started off taking 2 capsules at night (800mg) for 36 days and no af or ov (I chart my bbt and did a bunch of hpt's) so I increased my Vitex to 1200mg by adding one capsule in the morning. I got af 10 days later! On the Nature's Way bottle is says you can take 1-3 capsules a day for 8-12 weeks and then reduce down to 1 capsule a day. I started off with 2 thinking it would be enough, but I guess it wasn't for me. If you think you should increase I say go for it! You just never know.