Thread: Erratic moods

Thanks

Default Erratic moods

I went through a huge depression about 5 years ago, and have been experiencing recurring signs every now and then.

I'm noticing that my mood is all over the place! most of the time i feel normal, and relatively happy, and then the next thing i feel depressed, or i get really angry over not much.

Does anyone else have the same thing?
    or does anyone know what i could do to stabilise my moods?

Thanks

Hi,
    I know how you feel
    I also suffered from depression about 4 yrs ago and I took surmontil (I think thats how you spell it!!) for about 6 mnths which helped alot but the side effects weren't nice (constant tiredness and a "zombie" feeling were the main ones)
    Since I stopped taking surmontil I have been alright but just in the last 6 months I have also been feeling depressed and I seem to cry alot over such small things, aswell as get angry at things that wouldn't affect most people. One minute I'm happy and fine and the next I'm bawling my eyes out.
    From what I've read on this site, it DOES seem to be another symptom of PCOS (yay).
    To deal with the mood swings I have been told to meditate and as I've been brought up Buddhist you think that would come naturally - it doesn't
    However I do try to relax and take deep breaths, visulise positive things (as I'm ttc thats usually being pg or something) and give myself "pep" talks, like there's always someone ALOT worse off than me. I really don't want to go on anti-depressants again.

I really hope you feel better soon, if you aren't coping make sure you see a doc and don't hesitate to ask for help!
    Also have you thought of herbal meds like St Johns wort or something? Thats something to think about...but it really depends on what other meds you are on for PCOS..so make sure you speak to your doc first.

Hang in there and remember you're not alone!

Take care
    Chilli
    2 beautiful boys : DS1 born 24 April '06 9lb1oz
    DS2 born 29 March '08 11lb5oz
    1 angel baby 21 Feb '07
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I can relate to those mood swings. I use to get very angry at times and i would even compare them to a rage attack. I would throw things and yell. What i started to do was whenever i felt it coming on i would go for a walk or bike ride. I would come back after i calmed down. I have been taking Glucophage now for about three years and i can count on one hand how many times i have experienced one of those rage attacks since being put on it. Are you already taking met or glucophage? It has really stabilized my emotions and i feel 100% better.
    Take Care and know your not alone with this,
    Jodie
    Jodie (35)
    DH Andrew (37)
    Married 8/8/95
    Riley David born 9/4/00
    Wyatt Samson born 8/18/03
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I just wanted to say hang in there. I know that crazy moods can make you feel like you are losing your mind- but know that you are not alone. I hope you can get treatment and work your way towards feeling better. There are lots of cysters who are loyal and here to support you!

(((HUGS))) cyster!

*Aimee*
    Hidden Content me: 30
    DH: 31
    DD: *Eleanor Alexandra* 13 months (born 13 weeks early on January 31, 2004@ 2lbs 2.6oz)

Nobody can make you feel inferior
    without your permission

- Eleanor Roosevelt