Thanks

Default How do you get rid of the Crud?

The crud is going around and it's taking two - three weeks for people to get over this evil virus. It causes lots of mucus, drainage and coughing. On the first day it hit full force, I also had vomiting and fever. I've had it for two weeks, and I am so tired of being sick. I've been to the doctor and called them back, but they keep saying it's a virus. I stayed home from work a couple of days early on, and laid around for four days counting the weekend to rest and try to get over it. It's not a sinus infection and there is no chest congestion, so doctors aren't giving antibiotics for it. They suggested mucinex and claritin, and gave me a cough med with codeine that I can take at night.

I've tried alka seltzer immunity and Power-C vitamin water, but still it drags on. I am so tired of blowing my nose and coughing. What is this evil virus and how can I get rid of it?

Thanks

I had this! Right after Christmas I got really sick. I swore it was a sinus infection but I kept thinking I was getting better. I got some Tylenol Severe Sinus (the stuff behind the counter, that you sign your life away for!) and it helped more than anything else. I'm still coughing up mucus, but it isn't nearly as bad as it was in the beginning. I hope you get better soon! I know it's no fun.

Talentless But Connected RoaryKennedy's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of the girls on the Mommy board swear by this: rub your feet with a thick coating of Vick's rub and cover them up with thick socks right before bed. I don't know why that would work and would ease a cough, but they swear by it!
    Jen, age 32 ~~ DD, Aidyn Charlotte, age 3, conceived with Met and Clomid ~~ Divorced but happily co-habitating and co-parenting my daughter and my sweetie's three children ~~ No more babies thanks to Essure implants ~~ Ask me anything and I will probably answer!

Hidden Content

Add me on Facebook:
    Hidden Content

My blog:
    Hidden Content

Go Diamondbacks! threeblessings's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just now getting better after 3 weeks. In fact I went to the doc this morning because I'm still having morning sickness like naseua. They're running tests and stuff, but don't know what's causing the naseua to last like this. But the rest of it just hung on, ruined Christmas and New Years. Now I am just washed out and could sleep all the time. It just has to run it's course I guess.
    Julie proud mom of:
    Hailey 12
    Dakota 6
    Cy 10
    Hidden Content

1500 mg met
    low carb diet
    exercise

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I second the Vicks on the foot. Our remedy is Mucinex, 3000 mg Vitamin C, and Airborne!
    Hidden Content
    DH - 29
    Not Currently TTC, but not preventing either Hidden Content

Currently taking:
    Metformin 2000 mg
    Lexapro (anxiety)
    Vitamin b12

Hidden Content

Thanks

Loads of water, sleep, clear broths, warm clothing, and doing as little as humanly possible. Aloe gel works nicely for noses sore from blowing.

I had something like that last year (took six (!!) weeks to get rid of the cough, even when I felt normal again), my life pretty much followed the 'bed -> bathroom-> work ->bathroom-> bed' path for three weeks.

This year I got a flu shot and have been using loads of hand sanitizer, and am being careful about what I touch.

Thanks

how about a sinus rinse for the nasal drip?

at the pharmacy you can ask for this, probably have different brands....