Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default thin with large waist?

I'm not sure how thin you have to be to be considered a thin cyster, but I am just under 5'7" and 134 lbs which certainly isn't overweight. I have skinny arms and legs and I like my butt too. However my waist and gut are HUGE. The rest of me being thin only emphasizes this. The doctor says it is my PCOS and insulin resistance but it won't go away. I have lost a lot of weight (20 lbs) since going on Metformin but my waist stays the same. I run and try to eat healthy and high protein. The skinnier I get the worse it looks. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Mom to Alaric, 4 months, our little surprise after TTC for 3 years

Thanks

I have that goin on too. I'm 5'8" and 143 lbs, not super thin like I used to be, but I really can't complain. I can, however, complain about my stomach. That is where all my fat is. My legs and arms are thin, my butt and chest are curvy but fine, it's my stomach that is the major problem. I'm not IR per the tests they do, but I am considering met. I wonder if it would help with this.
    Jen (31)
    Mom to Lily Hidden Content and furbaby Bailey

BFP formula: met/prednisone/femara 5mg

Hidden Content

Thanks

Yep! I was about 120lbs (pre-pregnancy) and I'm 5'7 but I'm a bit "thick" in my mid-section and pretty thin everywhere else. It's annoying because it's not proportionate but it's not the worst thing I guess! Now that I'm pregnant it's not noticeable either I do take 2,000 mg of metformin XR and I am insulin resistant.

Thanks

well i have a very thin waist but not when not treated my belly especially after eating carbc tends to look a bit like that of little children, you know tight and swollen.then two or three hours after eating it becomes flat again.

now that i am treated i dont get the tight feeling i used to have.

maybe you are made this way..? i mean maybe it is your body shape???i aheva friend who is fairly thin but she has no waist, there is no difference between her hips and waist it's just her bodyshape.even girls without pcos, not all of them have a thin waist!!far from it!!

Registered User blueindiangoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Default i hear ya

GUys,Seriously i could kiss you for bringing up issues I thought I was alone with! I have been dx with PCOS for the last yr and half and am currently like 107lbs , 5'3, stil with the double folds of fat stomach. THats where its lumpy no matter what I do!!! Wearing cleaver clothes disguise it but its so uncomfortable especially while wearing something sexy and tight. Forget eating right after I have to cross my arms over it.

If anyone has ANY suggestions I welcome it! Gosh I am sick of it. I exercise 3x a week wt training and cardio. I also eat healthy, cant stay away from rice but I am working in it!

Thanks

while my stomach is not huge - it is definitely where my fat is!

Thanks

What about back fat?? I'm 5'7", 125 lbs, and not IR. I have some belly fat, but also get that pudge on my back that seems very obvious with some pairs of pants. It stinks being skinny everywhere else and looking fat around the midsection.

Thanks

You just described my body. The only time mine has ever looked proportionate is when I gained 30 pounds and finally had a butt to balance out my tummy. If I lose the weight, I get skinny everywhere but my stomach. I just want a waist!
    I tried Metformin for 18 months and it didn't help at all.

Thanks

I've always had the little kid pot belly. To look at me in clothes, you'd think I'd have a pancake flat tummy, maybe even a little concave. But no. It's not too bad, though.
    Hidden Content Laura B, 33 yrs old
    DH Shannon, 31
    DX Dec. 2007, thin PCOS
    RX Metformin 1500 mg

Thanks

I know how you feel as well, but I agree with rocknroll, a lot of it has to do with your bone structure. While I could probably lose an inch or two off my current waist measurement, there is no way I could have a 24" waist because there is only a 3" difference between the bottom of my rib cage and my hip bones. I am short waisted so there is no place for the waist to go in.

Thanks

Everybody calls me thin -- 5 feet, 94 lbs. My waist is thick though -- all my fat goes straight to my stomach. Even when I was 89lbs, I still looked fat around my stomach! I`m IR, so that might explain it.

Thanks

Red face

Hi everyone, I'm new to SC. For the past couple of months I've been reading your threads and getting so much information. I was DX with PCOS last year. I learned sooo much about PCOS from SC.

You just described my body. I never realized my pot belly could be from PCOS. I'm 5'4, 120 lbs. I've always had a difficult time shopping for clothing because of my waist size.

BTW - I just wanted to thank you all for your words of encouragement.

Hate to get off the subject - Does anyone have any experience with Gonal F? Today is my second night using.

Me (30) My hubby (31)
    Married since May 2006
    TTC#1 since Jan 2007
    Metformin 1000mg
    Gonal F - 2 amps

Thanks

Yeah, I don't know that I have belly fat perse (well I do now, but I'm 3 months PP) but I am more "boyshaped" in that I don't have a big difference between my waist and hips..

this is my 2.5 month postpartum belly...

http://www.soulcysters.net/post-your...post1889008406

Summer here I come! heartincart's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm 5'5 and my waist measures 27 inches... I don't know if that is big but I sure wish it was smaller so I could have more of an hourglass figure!

Thanks

I'm not terribly that way (skinny arms and legs, big around the midsection) -- but my sister is. And I would bet a dollar to a doughnut she would be dx with PCOS if only she had insurance and would go to the doctor.
    I just get the tight bloated belly thing if I eat too many carbs, but then it goes back to almost flat. I would like my proportions to be a little more feminine, but I can't really complain.