Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Tiny Bumps on Breasts

Okay, this is very embarrassing for me.. and I've avoiding asking for so long, but now they are really starting to bug me and I have no idea what they are or if I'm alone in having them.. perhaps someone will be able to shed some light for me.

I have tiny bumps all over my breasts, they are not noticeable from a distance, but if I look down at them I see them.. they're almost like spots, except they're just little bumps and if I squeeze them white stuff comes out.. I've been doing this a lot.. (tmi I know) and then they seem to scar. I don't know what they are.. it's disgusting, they're all over them. I wash them thoroughly with antibacterial wash, normal body wash and nothing seems to have helped them.. it reminds me of when I get soap in the piercing hole in my ears and when I put an earring through a line of white soap is pushed out. That's the only way I can explain it.

Anyone know what they are or have them? Help!

Thanks

Someone on this site once coined the term "titne" regarding this... It's basically another form of acne as far as I know, and yes, it can be a symptom of PCOS. Check the Acne board (or better yet, search for titne ) for more....

Dx'd PCOS in December 2007
    Met 1000 (1500 was making me woozy)

Met first weight loss goal on 2/8/08!
    Second Weight loss goal:
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Thank you so much.. I did a search, found the thread and giggled.. I love this site so much, I'm not alone in all these weird things my body keeps doing. I love the term titne.. haha and it looks like I'm not the only one that squeezes them either, or gets satisfaction from it. Gross, I know. lol

Mommy of My One & Only elocinintherain's Avatar
    Thanks

It also could be hair follicles. I know that sometimes I will see black spots/bumps on my breasts, and if I squeeze them, a tiny amount of hard stuff (white) comes out, and if I look closely, there's a new hair there. So, I usually end up plucking the hair.

Thanks

Hmm.. I don't think mines the same. Mine aren't black and the white stuff that comes out of them is soft and almost like dry soap.. you can squidge it and it disappears..

But I do have hair on my breasts.. lol. Just not noticeable, only if I'm really looking hard for those little bumps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I was thinking about starting a thread about this! I, too, have the same problem. It didn't start until my sudden weight gain two years ago (went from 122 to 178 pounds in a few months). My breasts went from a 34D to a 36DDD, and I'm wondering if the stretched skin made the pores more susceptible to the type of minor inflammation/infection that causes facial acne?

I don't have the problem with scarring, though, unless I inflict too much trauma on the skin around a spot. Thanks for posting about this...I don't feel alone now!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not understood" - Oscar Wilde

~ We are never given more than we can't handle! ~

Me (27) Hidden Content My Man (27) | Mopar Hidden Content , Sylvia Hidden Content , Ben Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elocinintherain View Post
    It also could be hair follicles. I know that sometimes I will see black spots/bumps on my breasts, and if I squeeze them, a tiny amount of hard stuff (white) comes out, and if I look closely, there's a new hair there. So, I usually end up plucking the hair.
    This is what I have, it's strange the hairs will slide out very easily if I tug on them only slightly. You can't see them from a distance but there are so many of them it would take forever to get them all out. I want to get laser hair removal done on this area at some point.

Thanks

I have the same thing and it drives me crazy! It used ot just be between my breasts and around my nipples, but now I noticed that I have them on the underside as well. I wondered if some of it was due to having larger breasts (42 C) and sweat under and between them much of the time. I don't know clogged pores or something.
    Hi I'm Michelle!
    Dx: 2003 finally
    Meds: 750mg met ER,500mg met, 25mcg synthroid
    Sx: IR, tummy weight, excessive facial hair, cysts, endometriosis, irregular periods
    Other Dx: IBS, acid relux, asthma, chronic bronchitis, kidney stones, galbladder stones (galbladder removed in 01), patella femeral dysphasia, tears in lower 2 disks in my back, TMJ, arthritis in jaw joint, tension headaches, underactive thyroid.
    TTC: began December 2007

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have this problem too. It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one. Always figured it had something to do with my breast size (40 E.) I should ask my doctor the next time I go.

Thanks

OMG, Bless you for posting this! I have dealt with this for years. They are mostly on the underside of my breasts, but the drive me absolutely ape****! Popping them is almost like an addiction, I can't stop. Now the underside of my breasts has all of these tiny lil scars from where I couldnt stop picking at them. I make a resolution everytime that I do it that I will never do it again. But yet I do, every single time! Ughhh, sucks to be us!

Thanks

*raises hand* yep add me to the list.. funny name for it too lol........

I also have big BB's (custom bra sizes for me usually run between a kk and a L)

sometimes they bug me.. but if I ignore them they don't .. and yes I have picked at them before but it doesn't permanently get rid of them.

Sometimes it can be a hair.. sometimes it's just that weird white stuff ya'll talk about.
    Serious hypoglycemia since childhood, Dx'd with PCOS 12-24-03'
    Rae 25 DH Phillip 30 married 11-22-03
    DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06 DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08

non-circ, no vax, BF'ng, Sling using, CD'ng, Co-sleeping.. SAHM!
    Hidden Content

Changing for the better! MommaKing's Avatar
    Thanks

bec, my bumps sound a lot like yours. i usually find a very fine hair within the bump that come out very easily with tweezers. squeezing the bumps are a part of my nightly routine, i'll have to find a more secretive way of doing this once df becomes dh lol!

i get blackheads all over my body too.
    Lurissa~32
    He gives me the strength to fight this battle.
    dx w/PCOS & IR Dec. 2007

50lbs lost on my own! Lap-Banded on April 3, 2009
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I have the bumps too. Usually there is a hair in the hole with the white pus stuff. I assumed they were ingrown hairs or something. I squeeze and get red marks or scars. I get the same kind of ingrown hairs or bumps or whatever we're calling them on the outside of my vagina (I shave) and on my inner thighs where I shave. I think they're ingrown, infected hairs. But I don't know.
    So little, yet so loved...
    Ruth Anne Mackey
    Born still Jan. 6, 2008, but still born.

Thanks

I assumed they were spots - I get them on my areola (sp?)... but then I seem to always get them in the same pores or whatever it is that they come out of... and I think it does look like acne. I am so glad you asked about this because it has always grossed me out about myself and I wondered if it was just me being a freak or something.

I get a different thing on my actual breasts, which is like several very short fine blondey hairs coming out of the follicle/pore, which if you tug/pull at slightly come straight out.

Both these things came when my PCOS got much worse - I don't really understand why there are more than one hair in the follicle?! I can understand that the 'titne' would be from hormonal changes. Also I have discharge like milk come from my right nipple if I slightly squeeze my breast!!! I have had that for a few years... some other cysters said they have it too, which made me feel a bit better.
    Me, Vicky-Louise: 28 ~ BF: 27
    Furbabies: Millie, Yorkie, 3 years old
    Auntie to 3 furbabies: Cleo (Rescued dog), Asher (Papillon) & Pippin (Rescued kitten, now a big lazy cat!)
    I am a pescatarian and on a low-calorie, healthy diet trying to incorporate as many low-GI and low-carb ideas as possible. I am also excercising - mainly by doing workout DVDs and walking our 3 dogs.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am joining the club..... I am glad someone said something about this because I have a obsession on picking them too.... usually when I am pottying before I get in the shower..... (TMI) Gross is exactly what I feel.... but I have never seen any hair growing out of mine... just the discharge. I remember my cousin joking one day about someone who had "cottage cheese" thighs, and I was so ticked off because she was describing it.... Totally rude, but also gross..... and I was thinking about my breasts the whole time, like I was a leper...
    Jen (33) & Jeff (30)

1/09 Clomid 100mg BFP, 2/09 8.5 weeks m/c
    12/19/12 I'm PREGNANT! Femara 5mg
    1/15 It's Twins!!
    2/4 Baby B not progressing..Baby A doing well

Hidden Content