Thanks

Default breaking out in small bumps all over face

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and has any clues as to causes and/or treatments, or what it even is, because I dread going to the doctor's office because they always look to every other reason but PCOS, when I'm pretty sure most of the time it's related...

Anyways, a week and a half ago I noticed that I had small raised bumps all over my forehead and cheeks. They're not red, not pimples/blackheads or whiteheads or anything like that, it's not irritated, etc....it's just as if all of my pores decided to simultaneously form raised bumps of protest across my face....but what they are protesting, i'm not sure...

Also, my skin is more oily now too, and my complexion is really uneven! it kind of looks like the way that some people get oily, bumpy, skin when they hit puberty.

except I'm 24...

does this mean maybe it's hormonal? I've also had a lot of dandruff recently, which I think is related to high testosterone levels....but maybe i'm wrong? I hadn't had problems with dandruff ever since I went on Yasmin 6 months ago, but for some reason this month it's coming back.

Well, I'm just making wild guesses here and should probably just wait it out and maybe it will go away, but if anyone else has experienced something similar, has any advice or suggestions they would be much appreciated!

Thanks

when i went off yasmin the same thing happened to me it took like 8 months off it for my testosterone to build up and give me thos all over my face. like baby acne , then they started to get really big and infected. they are clogged pores caused by your hormones. Im now on ortho tri cyclen bcp and alot went away for me, I also have been exfoliating my face too to get them more smooth with a gentle face scrub made out of garbanzo bean flour and water. it works better than anything i have ever used. then i fallow up with a hydrogen peroxide toner. my face it doing very good , i also use proactive solution repairing cream on areas that are getting too red. with congested skin you really need a good retinoid or something to remove the dead skin on top as my derm said these kind of acne is not caused by bacteria but trapped oil.
    Me:28
    Hidden Content
    treating my symptoms with healthy foods ,low carb and physical fittness. juicing, and green smoothies, saw palmetto 480mg.
    mutivitamin,zinc,and just added desogen bcp for my acne.hope i clear up.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I get them too! I have no insight, but lots of commiseration.
    I am somewhat convinced that my conditioner is partially to blame. I rinse my hair with my head upside down (to avoid back acne), but I think the conditioner ends up clogging the pores on my face as a result. I also seem to get them in the summer b/c of sunscreen.
    They're awful, aren't they?
    Age 34
    TTC 11/05
    PCOS dx 8/07
    HSG and SA good
    5 rounds clomid (3 w/ IUI) = BFN
    Lap 4/3 shows adhesions and scar tissue and endo - oh my! Tubes are damaged.
    Surprise break cycle BFP 6/08 = ectopic, left tube ruptured.
    IVF September '08
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm not sure if i'm thinking of the same thing you guys are, but I have some around my nose on on my cheek bones (close to the temple/orbital area). They're kind of hard and it doesn't seem to be anything inside them?
    It's odd. I've been using a clear skin tool to try to clean them off, but it's not doing much. So instead I've decided to exfoliate like crazy, give myself Derma Peels (glycolic acid) and just really use a lot of toner. They went away!

Thanks

I didn't make the connection before, but these bumps got MUCH worse after I apply a certain brand of sunscreen! After cleansing morning and night, exfoliating every 2-3 days, and buying some oil of olay moisturizer w/SPF 15, they have all but disappeared!

Thanks

I get small bumps alllll over but especially forehead/down sides and cheeks. This in addition to the regular acne or sometimes just this. Okay, so one time a dermatologist told me this is due to mites getting down in the hair follicles (on the head) and causing a reaction?? Hmm... Maybe. I also tend to have the symptom of super oily hairy but flakey scalp.

This bumpy rashy thing makes me want to scrub my face off with one of the more potent scrubs, but that does nothing but irritate it. I haven't been able to treat it successfully but find it worse late winter/early spring.