Thanks

Default Vitex During Pregnancy

Hello everyone. I'm happy to announce that I finally found a BFP! After the last 2 m/c's I decided that I will continue to take vitex until the end of my first trimester - slowly weaning myself off. I'm wondering, has anyone else tried this? I stopped the vitex immediatly last time, had a m/c within days. It may sound crazy, but I had a nagging feeling that I shouldn't have stopped taking it. So, this time- my DH and I decided this will be our last attempt - so I'm going with my gut and taking the vitex. I sure could use some advice from someone who has tried this as well.

Thanks,
    Becky

Keeping the Faith! faith4miracle's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats Becky, did you get pregnant on Vitex alone? I started taking it a month ago at 400mg, and upped it to 1200mg 2 wks ago.... just curious how it worked out for you?
    Me (40) DH (41)

"With men it is impossible... but with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Cycle 1 - Soy 120 mg CD 4 - 8, O after CD 23
    Cycle 2 - Soy 120 mg CD 2 - 6, no O'. BCP 10 days.
    Cycle 3 - Soy 120/160 CD 4 - 8

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Faith,
    This is the 2nd time I've gotten pg with vitex and a good multivitamin w/ folic acid. I took chromium and B vitamins for about 3 months.... while I got used to eating more protein and less carbs. Also quit smoking in October- and I heard that B vitamins are necessary for a "reformed smoker." I wish you the best luck for your miracle!!! I'm soooooo thankful for mine!! Have you had AF yet? The first time I got pg from vitex - I ovulated and got pg immediately and never had AF!

Thanks

Thanks Callalilly, I didn't have a period for a yr in a half, and today... back a little sore, and bb's sore... signs of AF, maybe going to visit. Never got AF... hmmm a couple days ago I took an HPT, because bb's sore, and sense of smell was tremendous... BFN. But... You gave me great faith in Vitex.
    Me (40) DH (41)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi,

Is it safe to take Vitex during the 2WW?
    VERONICA-32 Hidden Content DH-37
    Together since 01'
    TTC since 07'
    "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
    Matt 21:22

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

wow congrats on your pregnancy! I'm also on the vitex and on a multi vit. I've been trying to monitor my cm but its all over the place.. creamy one day, then today water and stretchy, but its kinda been alternating on that. And the opks are all over the place too! Positive at 12 in the afternoon then negative at 8 at night. I think my body is trying to level itself out. I've been cramping some so that might be a good sign. I just started on the 1st of April so I'm only 11 days into it. You give me hope though that just might work for me!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ntwngurl View Post
    Hi,

Is it safe to take Vitex during the 2WW?
    From what I've read/heard once you get the BPF then stop taking it, so as far as I know its fine in the 2ww. I haven't really read any different. Someone else might know a lot better though

Thanks

Veronica - one of the girls on SC miscarried when she stopped taking Vitex, so I wonder if it has to be weened off, or something?
    Me (40) DH (41)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm going to be facing this decision when I get my bfp. I currently take my Vitex every day, even while in the 2ww. I think you should call and speak to a naturopathic dr and find out for sure. I also know of another cyster who got a bfp while on Vitex and m/c after stopping. She then got pregnant again and is currently still pregnant and I'm pretty sure she stopped the Vitex again once she got her bfp. Sorry I'm not much more help. Please let us know how it goes and what you do. And of course HUGE Congratulations!!!

Thanks

Callalilly - I am so sorry for not congratulating when I posted earlier. I hope that someone who had used Vitex during a pg respond. I hope that you have H&H 9 months. Callalillies are my favorite flowers.

Thanx Tara & Faith4 for your response.
    VERONICA-32 Hidden Content DH-37
    Together since 01'
    TTC since 07'
    "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
    Matt 21:22

Hidden Content

Thanks

My cousin is a naturopath in Sydney, and confirmed that yes, you are suppose to wean yourself off it it, cause it can cause miscarriages if you stop automatically after a BFP. She said 2-3 weeks of weaning should be alright, but suggests that if you see a naturopath that you consult with them, since not everyone is taking the exact same form in the exact same dose. If you aren't seeing one, than get a hold of one that is familiar with the brand/form that you take for advice on how long weaning times might be right for you.
    Me-Sarah(29) DH-Shaun(28) married 10/1/05
    Rascal - 6 yr old beagle
    Lily - 5 yr blue heeler
    Auzzie - 2 yr old red heeler
    Hidden Content
    TTC#1 since Oct 2004
    Got our surprise BFP 2/22/11 - outta the blue!! Hidden Content
    Daughter Aviana Elaine born 10/22/2011 - IN LOVE!! Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saksgirl View Post
    My cousin is a naturopath in Sydney, and confirmed that yes, you are suppose to wean yourself off it it, cause it can cause miscarriages if you stop automatically after a BFP. She said 2-3 weeks of weaning should be alright, but suggests that if you see a naturopath that you consult with them, since not everyone is taking the exact same form in the exact same dose. If you aren't seeing one, than get a hold of one that is familiar with the brand/form that you take for advice on how long weaning times might be right for you.

interesting. Great advice! Thank you

Thanks

Ladies im gonna put my input if you dont mind = )

I have been taking fertilaid (with vitex) for a month and everything was great and on time. AF started, got O on cd12, temps great, etc. Well I started weining at the end of my pills and had 6 left because I thought for sure I was prego (no +test but felt diff for sure). Temps had gone triphasic so all was looking good....well the first day off I was ok but then the next day my temp plummeted and is very slow rising but I dont think it'll recover. I wont know now if it would have been + or not cuz I think stopping soon caused a negative effect.

Definitely taking it during the first trimester may be best but talk to your do for sure and get his opinion and monitoring.

I would say if you're going to wein, do it very slow and give your body time but they say you're not supposed to keep taking them as per the studies that they've done.

Congrats on your BFP!!! H&H 9 Mos!!
    Korine

Me~31 (unknown infertility, PCOS)
    DH~35
    DSS~13 (had him since 2mos old)
    9 Rounds clomid (only made cysts bigger)
    1 IUI in '07 ~ Chem at 10hcg
    1 IVF Dec '07~ Chem at 13hcg
    27 Eggies ret, 24 fert, 2 put in, 13 survived cryo
    FET Cycle starts on Feb 11, 2012!!! Finally after 5 years of waiting we are ready!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content