Thanks

Default Face always flushed, but no rosacea??

At least for the past couple of years my face, neck, and chest will suddenly become red and blotchy- for no reason. i could be sitting, i could be at work, exercising, or giving a presentation. Its always random, so I havent been able to determine a pattern of why it happens. I get really hot for like five minutes then it will go away, but the blotches last a bit longer. The dr's say i do not have rosacea. i do have acne and this makes it so much worse- does anyone else experience this- what is it and do you use anything (face wash, etc) that tones it down. I am almost certain its hormonal because mine are so out of whack from pcos ( and its not hotflashes, though everyone says thats what it is- i know alot of people that have hotflashes-and its not the same type of reaction) anyone have any tips or ideas?? i would rather have acne any day of the week than this problem!!!!

Thanks

Not to be a party pooper, but that's what I get and I was diagnosed - It IS rosacea but early stage. It is caused by inflammation, which women with PCOS already have. It makes sense to go hand in hand with it. I'm a fair redhead, which means I was destined for it anyways with this damn colouring lol. I go red when upset, nervous, excited, angry (real red then), etc. Sometimes out of nowhere I go red... then I realize it is happening and I go redder!! On my face, neck, chest and sometimes even my arms. I find trying to relax and pretend it isn't happening helps. Using gentle products on face (make up and facewash) plus there are anti-red creams (Rosacure is one, but I am breastfeeding so can't use it). Also - I found that gently stroking a COLD used green teabag on my face day and night helped reduce the inflammation and redness. This is actually a proven method - there are green tea creams out now too. Give it a try!
    Nat
    ---
    Dx PCOS June '06
    Mom to two boys born June '07 and October '10

Hidden Content

candycoatedcenter candycarolina's Avatar
    Thanks

oh lol - well thats something i didnt know - i always looked like i just went for a run n god knows i didnt

Tired of Being Tired SunsetMuse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

That does sound a lot like Rosacea, but I suppose possibly it could be hot flashes? The green tea thing does work, they also make makeup that is greentinted to hide the redness. I have a red face but no Rosacea and I get hotflashes so it could be that. If it's just one doc saying you don't have Rosacea I would get a second opinion a dermatologist preferably. GL HTH!

candycoatedcenter candycarolina's Avatar
    Thanks

greentea is good for so many things

Thanks

If the doctor says you don't have rosacea, then you probably don't. Rosacea is very specific; a lot of people think they have it, but don't. If you've ever seen someone with true rosacea, you'll know what I mean. A lot of people have the potential to get it later on.... I have my own skin care clinic, and the most common condition I see is redness in the face.

Redness that shows up in blotches on the face and body is a lot of times food related. You need to eat foods that reduce inflammation. You should try the Dr. Perricone 3 day skin plan. Google it, and you'll come up with what to eat. Primarily salmon, blueberries, oatmeal, melon.... Dairy and sugar really cause the skin to get inflamed. Trying this food plan should also help your acne subside a bit.

Good luck

Registered User allybuchanan@me.com's Avatar
    Thanks

Default same!!

same here!
    the docter says it is NOT rosacea!!!
    i get it all over my legs as well so i ca never wear shorts without people staring when i get blochy, it is so annoying and embrassing, my doctor reconmeded this new product by dermalogica it working well for me controlling it.