Thanks

Default Expensive "Biggest Loser" style camps!

Ok! so it is known that the statistics show America is the most overweight country so how come when you look up these camps you can go to for 6 and 8 weeks to help assist you (like the biggest loser camp) it cost anywhere from $6,000 to $12,000 dollars!!! Come on it is only 2 months max! does it really cost you $12,000 to feed me good and make me do bootcamp style exercises for a whole 8 weeks...I wished folks would understand the most people would love to be involved in programs like this but just simply cant afford it! I know for a fact that if you put me in a camp where I couldn't get ahold of the junk food and I had trainers teaching me everyday to eat better and exercise that in 8 weeks I would have it in my head and I would come home not only less in weight but with a new attitude on life!
    MP Hidden Content AP
    Married: October 8th, 2005
    Been together since June 18th 2003
    One furbaby: REB (our black lab)
    Dx: PCOS and IR 10/2006
    Met starting 500mg up to 1500mg

Praying This One Sticks ReginaIL82's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I do totally agree. But I am in the same boat as you. I can not afford to go to camps like that. But I have decided that I am going to join Gold's Gym. They have a trainer I can work with and a nutrionalist (sp) to work with. So I am really hoping this works for me.
    But I do agree these camps should be more affordable.
    Me (26)Hidden Content DH (37)
    BFP 9-17-08
    First Beta 480
    Second Beta 1,982
    Third Beta 15,471
    1st U/S 10-10-08 HB 156!!!
    2nd U/S 11-20-08 HB 154!!!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mpatch View Post
    I wished folks would understand the most people would love to be involved in programs like this but just simply cant afford it! I know for a fact that if you put me in a camp where I couldn't get ahold of the junk food and I had trainers teaching me everyday to eat better and exercise that in 8 weeks I would have it in my head and I would come home not only less in weight but with a new attitude on life!
    you're lucky, however. You live in a city with awesome gyms and trainers. for FAR less than $12,000 (even far less than $6000) you could hire a personal trainer and go on a meal delivery service and have awesome results right where you live.

Regular sessions with a trainer will naturally help you to eat better... It's hard to explain to people 'why' that works, but it does.