Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default It's Your Hormones: The Women's Complete Guide to...Healing PCOS

[coverattach=1]It's Your Hormones: The Women's Complete Guide to Soothing PMS, Clearing Acne, Regrowing Hair, Healing PCOS, Feeling Good on the Pill, Enjoying a Safe and Comfortable Menopause, Recharging Your Sex Drive
    by Geoffrey Redmond

From the renowned director of the Hormone Center of New York: complete cutting–edge medical and alternative strategies for living happily with your hormones–including how to enhance your sex life safely with testosterone.

According to Geoffrey Redmond, M.D., a majority of the 42 million American women between the ages of 35 and 55 suffer from vulnerability to their own hormones. Appearance, feelings–and even sex drive–may be affected. Symptoms include thinning hair, persistent acne, mood swings, low energy, loss of pleasure in sex, weight gain, irregular periods, and migraines. While the media has emphasized the problems of menopause, Dr. Redmond explains that many women experience hormonal miseries even in their thirties. Lab tests are often normal because the problem is not the hormones themselves but how a woman's body reacts to them. Healthy, active women suddenly find that once quiescent hormones are ruling their lives.

Because their problems are often dismissed as trivial, women who are hormonally vulnerable are frequently thwarted in their quest for help. Too often they are brushed off with remarks such as, "Your tests are normal; there's nothing wrong with you." This is tragic because, as Dr. Redmond demonstrates, hormonal balance can nearly always be restored with the treatments he details, which include individualized use of prescription medications, herbal supplements, lifestyle changes, and even spiritual practices.

Many women have heard that testosterone can help sex drive, but most have not been warned about the damage that careless testosterone therapy can cause on skin and hair. In this book, Dr. Redmond, aninternationally recognized authority on testosterone in women, explains the only safe ways to use testosterone.

With informative sidebars, quizzes, and personal stories of women who have overcome hormone vulnerability, this helpful book will empower you to find treatments for your hormone problems that are tailored to fit your own body, biochemistry, symptoms, and lifestyle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

His books may have value but I went to see him yesterday after seeing his books and feeling like I'd finally found a solution! It was a horrific mistake! It was as if I was meeting someone else - certainly not the person who wrote the book! When I asked about herbs/supplements, he just ignored it. It seemed as if he was bothered by my ?'s. He was just wanting to push more med's on me. He didn't want to PARTNER with me or empower me as a patient. He was dismissive of my other dr.'s and their recommendations. Again, his books are good for information but I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE GOING TO SEE HIM! Also, it's a total out of pocket expense not covered by insurance companies and it's pretty pricey. NOT WORTH IT TO BE TREATED THAT WAY. You couldn't pay me that fee to be HIS patient! Remember - if you don't feel like there is a good fit with your physician, YOU have a choice! My search continues. . .

Thanks

thanks..for...sharing...

Registered User cysterhoodofthepants's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for the words of warning!

Thanks

Thank you for sharing

Thanks

Default Never loose hope - pcos

Quote Originally Posted by hailey_lisa View Post
    Thank you for sharing
    Dr. Geoffrey Redmond is an endocrinologist who specializes in female hormonal problems. In his clinical practice, The Hormone Center of New York, he has helped thousands of women understand and control their hormonal disorders, The three most frequent conditions that Dr. Geoffrey Redmond treats are hair loss, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and persistent acne. Other areas where he focuses his expertise include increased hair growth (hirsutism), PMS, difficult menopause transitions, sexual dysfunction such as pain or low desire, thyroid disorders, menstrual problems, difficulty losing problems, and problems of adolescent development. Dr. Geoffrey Redmond has also pioneered extensive research in female endocrinology and has shared many of his findings in lectures throughout the United States, as well as Europe and Asia.

Thanks

Very good info

Thanks

This is best book ever on hormones

Thanks

Excellent info

Thanks

Hats of to post master !!