Thanks

Question Weird Bleeding with Femara! Help!

Hi all,

I've been using Femara for 2 cycles now. 1st was on 2.5mg then the next cycle 5mg. Anways I started to bleed on cd 13. When I asked my Dr she said I was shedding my lining since it wasn't good this month? It lasted for over 5 days like a extra period. I'm confused. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with Femara or any other drugs. Thanks

Thanks

(bump)

I'm so confused and it was kind of scary too.

Thanks

I had some irregular bleeding on Femara and I was pretty scared too but I was told by my doctor that it is not uncommon and many women have spotting/bleeding from femara. Mine also started right after I was done my first cycle of femara and lasted just about five days. The femara cycle didnt work for me and I was put on another one on day 3 of the bleeding. Are you being monitored?
    Lilly-29 DH-31 DS-3

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback wozgurl,

I am being monitered since I've been doing IUI's. This just kind of threw me off. You said something about starting a new cycle was that after you bled those extra 5 days or did you have to wait til real Af came? Just curious, since I did have follies when I was bleeding, and they did an IUI still? so I am just waiting til CD 31 to maybe start provera? I have found some stuff regarding the bleeding I guess it is normal. thanks again

Thanks

Hmmm....that's a little concerning. I just did my first cycle of Femara. I haven't had any bleeding or anything, but I'll keep an eye out.

I will tell you that I had something similar when I was on injects. My first month (November) I was on 75iu/day and I think I went about 12-13 days and didn't get any follicles over 9mm. So that cycle was cancelled and we were preparing to have to do Provera. My last inject was on CD 13, I started spotting on CD 18, and by CD 20 I started a completely new cycle and had an ultrasound done on CD 3 of that new cycle and started all over again.

I dunno why that happens. I had bad months on Clomid and never had anything like that.

Weird!
    TTC #2 since 6/21/2002

Back at it after a divorce and building a future with my new husband. Hoping to add another child to our amazing little family! Not planning to add fertility meds to the mix again for a while. We shall see what our future holds!

Hidden Content

Thanks

This is my first cycle on Femara and I have not had this experience either. I am spotting now because it is time for AF.

Brandi(31)
    DH (31)
    DS (2)

TTC #2