Thanks

Default Semen won't stay in after intercourse / Had sex too early?

Hello all, I was hoping to get some advice/help

My husband and I are on our first round of Clomid. So far everything looks good, and I have two eggs ready to be fertilized . My nurse gave us a window of TTC for Wednesday evening, Friday evening and Saturday morning.

My first question is this: Everytime my husband and I have intercourse, when he pulls out a good amount of his semen always comes out, no matter how hard we try to keep it in. Will this highly affect our chances of having a baby? Does the majority of the sperm stay inside of me? And is there some kind of medical term for this type of thing happening?

My second question is this: Though my nurse recommended evening time for sex and TTC, we were so eager after coming from the doctors office on Wednesday that we had sex in the afternoon! I slept after that for about 2 hours, with the pillow hiked up under me for optimal conception (and I did my kegel exercises). But later on that night I was so tired that I couldn't wake up for my husband and I to have sex! Will this totally screw up our chance for conception, since I didn't wait until night time like she suggested?

Thanks for everyone's attention

-Spritestar

Thanks

i dont think it will majourly affect your chances of concepton..id say do as much as you can since then and hope for the best as for your first question a good amount of it will have stayed in so i dont think you need to worry too much let the process be as enjoyable as possible and it will help not been so stressed i would recomend reflexology very relaxing......good luck
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BFP Aug 7th 2012

BFP Aug 6th 2013
    Our family is complete

Thanks

It's normal to have leakage after intercourse. We did the butt propping technique too... with my first I also tried using an Instead cup (re-usable menstrual cup) to help hold everything up next to the cervix.

As long as you have had exams (even pap smears) and know there's no blockage then some sperm is getting in.

And no, having sex a few hours earlier than recommended won't hurt. Sperm can live for a few days in the right environment.

GL!
    Stephanie (29) & Virgil (33) 5/27/2000

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Actually, doing kegels pushes the sperm AWAY from your cervix. Having an orgasm afterwards will actually help better, since it scoops down and does some sort of vacuuming action to pull more sperm in.

If you don't have any male fertility issues, BD'ing every day won't hurt your chances. Time of day has no affect whatsoever, sperm usually live 24-72 hours after they are "deposited." I've also heard that most of what leaks out is only semen, and the sperm are already trying to get to their destination.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have the same problem with dh's spermies and I found that using the Instead cups helped me with both of my bfp's. They keep the sperm right next to the cervix for as long as you want to leave the cup in and then you can take it out and try again. But I really had a problem getting the cups out so keep dh handy when it is time to do that!

hth
    Adrianne (31) & Alton (36) Hidden Content

Please vote for us! You can vote more than once a day and from every browser you have on your computer!! You can't see the link just run your cursor below this sentence! Thanks so much!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Most of the sperm is in the first pump or whatever you want to call it.

What comes after is mostly semen. That's why there are so many babies born to regular people using the "pull and pray" method. That is also why you are not supposed to have intercourse to obtain a sperm sample. Because most of what they want would not make it into the cup.

Thanks

Default Thank you! :)

Thanks so much ladies for all your help! It's great to know that we're not the only one with these issues.

I talked with my nurse today, and she said the same things that most of you have posted, that the semen is like a "solution" that contains the sperm, but the sperm travels up the body to where it needs to go, mainly after the first "shot". And she just told me to have fun with the "trying," so we might go for another afternoon session right after work!

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks

im SO glad you posted this question.
    i didnt know about the semen thing either. one of my gf's who pg asked me once how much of my dh semen came our after sex and i said..well it feels like alot. it just pours out essentially (graphic i know)
    and she said her dh's didnt. she said it never came out. weird...everyone's different.

i have a question. if i pee right after does that decrease my chances?
    the sperm should be where they need to be right??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bnsteele View Post
    im SO glad you posted this question.
    i didnt know about the semen thing either. one of my gf's who pg asked me once how much of my dh semen came our after sex and i said..well it feels like alot. it just pours out essentially (graphic i know)
    and she said her dh's didnt. she said it never came out. weird...everyone's different.

i have a question. if i pee right after does that decrease my chances?
    the sperm should be where they need to be right??

It is best to pee after sex to help prevent a UTI. You have two different things going on. If you want to elevate your hips for a bit that can help the sperm, but going to the bathroom is not going to do anything but help you since bacteria will be flushed away.

Thanks

thanks so much zilla!
    ugh..im on day 15 of my cycle...and ttc every other day is what my dr told me.
    so fingers crossed..
    i still have a way to go till i can poas!!

Thanks

When TTC is it every other day, or every day? Is there such a thing as TOO much? I'm on day 8 of my cycle and on clomid. My doc told me to bd on days 11-18 of course, but he didnt' give too many details about how often. I thought I heard before that there's no such thing as too much, but now I see the every other day and it has me confused. I don't want to ruin this round!
    Dx PCOS: 11/07, 2000mg Met
    Jul-Dec '08- 2 Clomid cycles, 1 Menopur cycle (no follicle response!)
    1/9/09- Bravelle- no response until CD24 and then 6! -Switched to IVF instead of cancelling IUI
    2/9- IVF ER, 2/12- IVF ET
    2/13-2/20- OHSS!!
    2/27- BFP, beta 54, 2/28- Beta 110
    3/6- 1st US- 1 sac, 3/13- no HB, 3/17- m/c
    5/2- CD1- 225iu Menopur
    5/13- (1) 20mm foll, 5/13- Trigger, 5/15- IUI, 5/29- BFN
    6/2- CD1- 225iu Menopur
    6/13- (2) 18mm folls, (1) 16mm folls
    6/13 Trigger
    6/15- IUI...

Thanks

I think it depends on your husband's sperm counts. If he's clear and healthy in that way then everyday, but if not than every other. I see your husband is balding. Ok, so don't take this the wrong way, but I have heard that balding men have more testosterone and possibly have better sperm counts.....hmmmmm....maybe I just like to believe this because my husband is bald...ha!
    Me(32)DH(39)
    DD: 2.5years
    DS: 1 year
    TTC#1 (21 months w/2 early m/c)
    bfp-3/10
    14dpo=451, 18dpo=2,851, 29dpo-79,717
    TTC#2 (surprise on the 5th cyle pp! all natural)
    bfp-11/11
    18dpo=1,895, 21dpo=5,308

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I had the same issue w/ the "leakage" so DH would stay IN as long as he could then pull out, I think it's like 15 minutes you have to stay laying down? I always shower afterwards, ick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sun View Post
    It's normal to have leakage after intercourse. We did the butt propping technique too... with my first I also tried using an Instead cup (re-usable menstrual cup) to help hold everything up next to the cervix.
    Samehere-- using the Instead Up helped get me pregnant in my opinion. I used them after DTD every night the week I got pregnant. With one in, I felt comfortable to get up & go pee without worrying about "wasting" the sperm.

Quote Originally Posted by MahoganyJazz View Post
    Actually, doing kegels pushes the sperm AWAY from your cervix. Having an orgasm afterwards will actually help better, since it scoops down and does some sort of vacuuming action to pull more sperm in.
    Totally agree with this too! I wouldn't do kegels after intercourse!