Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

I am looking for a diet buddy too, I live in NY on Long Island...Online buddy is good too.
    Anna 36, Donald 36
    married DH Nov. 2, 2002
    PCOS DX 1988
    2 Chihuahua babies:
    Dot, GizmoHidden Content
    Glucophage 2000 mg aday
    Synthroid 112mcg
    TTC since 2/04
    1 block tube
    3 cycles of clomid, no ovulation
    First IVF tranfer 01/18/05 BFN
    Second IVF(FET) 04/02/05 BFN
    Third IVF 06/11/05 BFP
    gave birth 02/21/2006Hidden Content
    05/17/2006 BFP no meds
    gave birth 01/21/2007Hidden Content

Registered User concrete_rose66's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm looking for diet buddies that are natually very slender and, if any, have under 5 pounds to loose. The aim of their eating plan is to get healthy and manage symptoms as opposed to weight loss.

My dietary principles are breakfast as the biggest meal of the day, no food after 6/7pm. high fibre 25-35g a day. dairy, wheat and gluten free. wholefoods, no raw after 3/4pm. lots of good fats.. The thing im confused about is carbohydrates - grains and pulses/legumes, i thought the requirement was to eat a llimited amount of low gl ones until I read about gluten free grains and the 'specific carbohydrate diet' and the 'inflamation diet'. Apart from fiborous green vegetables and a few fruits - carbs confuse me.

Even better if you are from the uk with acne and irregular periods

Thanks

Hello! I'm brand new to this site, but unfortunately not new to PCOS. I'm 33 yo and weigh about 178. I've been working for almost two years to lose weight. With many ups and downs, I've managed to lose 20 lbs, but still have a long way to go. I need some extra motivation to stay on track, so I'd love the help of a buddy. I'm in the Cleveland, OH area, but I don't necessarily need a local buddy.... email is fine as well. I look forward to "meeting" some new friends soon!

Thanks

Hi guys, I too am new to this site and I am also relatively new to PCOS. Mine was undercover for years as I had been on the pill and it was masking all my symptoms. I went off the pill to try to get pregnant and BAM (as Emerill would say) I gained 25 lbs. I have been trying to lose it now for 10 months with pretty much NO success. I am very frustrated. I am also TTC with NO success. I am super frustrated and would love someone in my similar shoes to chat with daily and keep each other accountable as well as someone to bounce ideas off of and vent to. If you see yourself in my post please send me a message and we can chat. I don't really care where you live, I am in Northern California. Thanks!

Thanks

I'd like a buddy! I'm trying to lose around 40lbs. and tone up tremendously. Living in AL with no diet plan but have recently joined a gym.

BurritoWoman

Hi!

I'm new to the board. I was diagnosed a few years ago, but am only recently taking it seriously. I'll be 28 in a few days and my husband I really, desperately want to have kids. I weigh around 250 pounds and am 5'7" and I have 50 to 80 pounds to lose (in a perfect world, that is). I would love an email buddy if you are still matching people.

I'm not following any specific plan, per se, but I do eat whole, nutritious food, no HFCS or other fake chemicals (when I can help it) and I am planning on exercising regularly. But you know, the hardest part about exersizing for me is the first ten to fifteen minutes. Ugh. After that, I'm ok. And I feel great when I'm done, but, man, I hate working out.

Anyway, I hope I can help someone lose weight and I hope they can support me too!

Best,
    BurritoWoman

Thanks

Hi,
    I am also new to the board and would also be interested in an exercise buddy etc. It would be great to connect with people who know what it's like to have pcos. I know what I have to do, but it's the follow through that's been tough for me (and a little bit of denial at times as well). I think support might really help me to start to meet my goals, and others to meet theirs :-). Thanks!

Thanks

Hello
    I would love a buddy or two..I was just dx with PCOS 7/2010...Im 5'6 and 233 and have started the low gi diet as my RE told me I need to lose 40-50 pounds..I can email, IM, facebook,etc daily!!!! Would love to have someone to help me lose these pounds and stay motivated as I am also TTC!! I liv e in Northern California but would can chat,write,send smoke signals,etc with anyoe anywhere

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsvictor2010 View Post
    Hello
    I would love a buddy or two..I was just dx with PCOS 7/2010...Im 5'6 and 233 and have started the low gi diet as my RE told me I need to lose 40-50 pounds..I can email, IM, facebook,etc daily!!!! Would love to have someone to help me lose these pounds and stay motivated as I am also TTC!! I liv e in Northern California but would can chat,write,send smoke signals,etc with anyoe anywhere
    Hi Mrsvictor!
    I just tried to send a private message over this thing, but it won't let me since I don't have enough overall posts. I am so glad you replied to my recent post because I have really been wanting to connect with someone to help each other achieve our own health/fitness goals. Daily e mails sounds great to me. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago, but I think my stage of denial has lasted for way too long, so I think it's great that you are hitting the ground running after your diagnosis. I think I am finally out of my denial stage and last week crossed over into anger...but don't worry, I've moved out of this stage quickly. The past few weeks, I have been trying really hard to make some big changes in my behavior so that I can get better control over my PCOS. I think that having a buddy to "report" to and who can offer some support, encouragement and reinforcement is really what I need. My friends and family just don't get it. They try to be supportive, but it's hard for them to understand. I hope that we are able to start chatting about where we are and our own experiences/struggles and future triumphs over what I like to call the "devil disease". Please let me know if you're interested. Maybe I will make some more posts so that we can start to e mail. I am just reluctant to give it out on a public message board.

Oh, and I should probably tell you a little bit about myself. I am 25, I live in upstate NY where I am in graduate school for clinical psychology. I love what I do, but I hate when the symptoms of PCOS interfere with me being able to perform up to my potential. I also find it ironic that I am learning all about behavior change, but when it comes to applying the concepts to myself...it's a whole different ball game. One thing I do know though, is that having a buddy to report to about your goals is a very effective way to bring about change, and that is what I am in need of right now. Sorry for rambling :-), please please let me know if you are interested!!

Thanks

Hello
    After reading your reply it has more motivated to do what I need to do also...I too was in denial but once I figured out what needed to be done I knew that I had to get the ball rolling...it is frustrating as my family/friends dont understand whats going on and they just think that I eat tooo much or whatever and just am FAT....
    I also have bbm if you have a blackberry...we can chat however and whenever, I work full time but am available thru emails throughout the day...
    I look forward to hearing from you
    Michelle

Thanks

If anyone is looking for a weight loss buddy, I would love to have one! I am 21 and heading into my senior year of college. I was diagnosed at 16 and managed to lose about 30 pounds. Since then I have put 20 of it back on and I would really like to lose it and keep it off. Like others have said, I underwent a serious bit of denial. I convinced myself that once I lost the weight I would be cured (boy, was I wrong!). I'm realizing that I need to take control of PCOS now before it interferes with my future plans of having children.

I'm a full time student so I have a pretty flexible schedule in regards to contact. I have it all - E-mail, chat, facebook.

100% Italian Style! Italian Friend's Avatar
    Thanks

hi there!
    i'm looking for an online buddy because i realised i have some more lbs to lose (not much, let's say 8-6) but it seems impossible to switch my mind and start again to take care of myself and try to limit my pcos symptoms.
    i have to do something about that but i totally need a buddy!
    please fell free to PM me!
    Dx 2000
    TTC #1 since July 2012
    Cycle#1 clomid 50mg cd2-6 ---> BFN
    Cycle#2 clomid 100mg cd3-7 + Trigger (Gonasi 2000UI) ---> BFP!

Hidden Content

Thanks

I would LOVE to join if its not too late! I need to loose 17kg (38 pounds) and i really need help. I am trying to exercise during the week and have week ends off. I am trying to do a low gi, low carb diet. I am not starting today and really need some help! xxx

Shrink that bahookie!!!!! MontanaMama's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 57 lbs to lose, oy!! I'm done having kids, but have been through just about every ttc situation there is, so I can offer encouragement. I've lost weight starving, but I really want to be healthy and lose it the right way... be a role model for the kids. Low GI, limited processed foods, lots of veggies, veggies, veggies!!
    Kristina- 38 & Trace- 51~ 12.31.02
    Hayden Thomas 08.10.04- all natural & Grace Caroline 06.16.09- c-sect, breech
    Losses:Eden Elizabeth @ 17 weeks- 02.01.08
    5 wks 09.07

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I have 57 lbs to lose, oy!! I'm done having kids, but have been through just about every ttc situation there is, so I can offer encouragement. I've lost weight starving, but I really want to be healthy and lose it the right way... be a role model for the kids. Low GI, limited processed foods, lots of veggies, veggies, veggies!!

MontanaMama, Hello, it looks like this was posted nearly 5 months ago! But if you're still looking for a weightloss buddy so am I! I was diagnosed with PCOS in April 2007 when I joined this board. However the past few years I've been trying to ignore the PCOS which of course has just cased my weight to spiral even more out of control. To put me at a healthy BMI for my height I ultimately need to lose 92 lbs, which at this point seems very difficult. I am actively ttc and my dr would like me to at least lose 20lbs to start. Let me know if you're interested. I can send daily emails, msn messages, etc..