Thanks

Default Hypothyroid and being hot

Hello all i know that generally when you have hypothyroidism you tend to be cold, but i was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism and i have always been a warm body. Especially in the last few months prior to diagnoses; I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? I have only been taking Armour for a few days but i can already tell a difference. I am not so hot all the time.

Trying for baby #1! Victoria070505's Avatar
    Thanks

I was always hot before as well. ITs common to have hot flashes before being treat my dad did as well, and so did my aunt.l
    Victoria & Steven
    TTC-05/05
    PCOS, IR, Hashi's Thyroid, RT. Tube blocked 1/08
    2000mg Metformin, 112mcg Synthroid, 2.5mg Femara
    #1-O-cd 16-BFN
    #2-O-cd 18-BFN
    #3-O-cd 13-BFN
    #4-O-cd 14-15-BFP 15 DPO on 12/14/08-
    M/C at 6 weeks
    #5-O-cd 16-BFN
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Thanks Victoria. I thought i was crazy, most of the stuff i read only talk about cold intolerance.

wife~mom~teacher~friend IFBPreachersWife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

My naturopathic dr thinks I'm hypothyroid but I can't afford the testing right now. like you, I am always HOT....I mean, really, really hot. How on earth can a body lay in bed and sweat and have a bbt of 96.8*??? I will never understand that but that's me. I look forward to getting a confirmed dx and getting on some type of meds that will help. I think the sweating is even worse than all the other problems it causes!

Thanks

Very good luck getting tested....Make sure they use the new guidelines, my doctor did not but I was still low using the old guidelines. I have been on Armour Thyroid for about a week and a half, and I can already tell a difference. I am still hot some times but I used to sit in my air conditioned house and sweat (and freeze everyone else out) cause i was soooo hot. Also I would get hot flashes and my cheeks would be bright red, but things are getting better. The other day i woke up and my teeth were chattering, I can't remember the last time that happened. I have always ran a low temp even when i was a baby...makes me wonder how long I have had a low thyroid. Let me know how your doing. Do you have any clinics in your area...we have one in our area that will see people for a donation.