Resident Crazy Cat Lady blazinghussy's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Big Ol' Butt Boil

Gah! I've just had it with this stupid disorder! My hair just recently started falling out and with all the other stupid symptoms. Grrrrr....

Anyway, I have a giant boil on my right butt cheek that's been there for literally YEARS. I'm waaaaaay too embarrassed to head to a doctor with it (especially after the way they've humilitated me time and again with their cruel insensitivity) but I really, really want it to go away. Sometimes it's fine, still there but not inflamed or sore or itchy and other times I think I'm going to go mad if I don't get the 'junk' out of it RIGHT NOW and I spend most of the day with my hand down my pants scratching my @ss - very attractive.

Short of taking a razor blade to it to slice it open, does anyone have any ideas on how to make this go away? I've tried squeezing it and a little *gag* stuff will come out but the rest of it, well...it just won't budge.

I'm going to curl up in a corner with my humiliation platter now, thanks.
    In a commited relationship with a wonderful, understanding man. No children, no plans to have any.

Diagnosed 10-01, given BCP.

GP took me off BCP 6-02 at 300 lbs after yelling at me that I was too fat and I was going to die.

Stats as of 12-02:
    5'11" 290.5 and IRD

I will win! Hidden Content

My Hidden Content

My Hidden Content

My Hidden Content

Thanks

Hello

I've not tried it personally, but I have read that tea tree oil can be good at getting rid of these horrible things!!

Eva
    Me 36, dh 31, son 6 years. Married 9 years.

Dx: PCOS, LOCAH, HS, Lichen Planus, IBS, raised bp, raised cholesterol

Spiro, Metformin, Bendrofluazide, Amlodapine, Atorvastatin, Prednisolone, Multi Vits, Co-Proxamol, Corsodyl

She is buffeted by the wind but she does not sink

Thanks

What about a blob of 10% benzoil peroxide every night covered with a bandaid? Too kill the bacteria.

I've had these weird small ingrown pores on my chin and I've used, get this, wart remover! Don't laugh, it's salcylic acid that is the active ingredient in many acne products but stronger strength to dig deep down and get out the hard core that stuck in the pore.

But it sounds like the bump you have is infected and softer and has puss in it which is white blood cells attacking the site of an infection, you need antibacterial type stuff like the benzoil perox. to kill it and dry it out. Maybe Neosporin would help too?

• Maureen 36, DH is 35
    • Momma to Declan Christopher, born 9/2/03
    • STILL happily and proudly breastfeeding my big boy! Hidden Content
    • Before pregnancy, went from 175 to 136 thanks to Hidden Content , exercise and low glycemic index foods. Polycystic appearing ovaries are gone; ovulated regularly; bloodwork normal.
      Improvement in hirsuitism and androgenic alopecia is greatly improved. AN and cystic acne are gone!
    • Improvements in skin and hair due to Hidden Content , standardized, 160mg 2x day. (no longer on it due to PG and BFing). Hidden Content

Thanks

Okay, I have Hidradenitis which is a constant pain with "cysts" and "boils". There is a website in my signature that gives all kinds of tips. They should help you too!
    32 years old
    PCOS,Insulin resistant,Rosacea,
    Hidradenitis Suppurativa(There is a connection)
    For Hidradenitis Info, Check out
    http://hs-usa.org/home.htm
    Official HS Website
    Also here is a link of an excellent medical description of HS.PRINT IT OUT AND TAKE IT TO YOUR DOCTOR!
    http://www.mf.uni-lj.si/acta-apa/acta-apa-00-4/papadopoulos.html

Thanks

i do get those occasionaly and I agree with sugarbug, toothpaste does work
    Angela

Thanks

Default boil ease

Hi. I have Hidradenitis, so I also deal with annoying/painful/gross cysts and boils all the time. One thing that can be helpful is to use a "drawing ointment". The one I have used before is called "Boil Ease". It helps bring boils to a head. However, it doesn't work well for me on the cysts that I get in my groin area. They puff up, itch, and get sore and never develop a head. They eventually bust open and bleed all over the place (but no puss usually).

I've also found that putting a damp warm wash cloth on it for 15 minutes a few times a day helps ease the pain too.

Good luck. I totally understand your pain.
    Roo
    Me:30 DH: 34
    DS, Nicholas born 3/19/04

12/2002 DX PCOS symptomatic & IR
    (acne, obesity, excess facial hair, high blood pressure, high insulin level, Hidradenitis Suppurtiva)
    850MG Met BID (stopped at 27 wks pg); Hyzaar (for high BP)
    2 spoiled doggies

Thanks

Originally posted by sugarbug
    I just wanted to add, you shouldn't use peroxide because when it "bubbles" it eats away the new skin.
    I agree - I wasn't talking about hydrogen peroxide, but benzoil peroxide (like Oxy10 for acne), does that do the same thing?

• Maureen 36, DH is 35
    • Momma to Declan Christopher, born 9/2/03
    • STILL happily and proudly breastfeeding my big boy! Hidden Content
    • Before pregnancy, went from 175 to 136 thanks to Hidden Content , exercise and low glycemic index foods. Polycystic appearing ovaries are gone; ovulated regularly; bloodwork normal.
      Improvement in hirsuitism and androgenic alopecia is greatly improved. AN and cystic acne are gone!
    • Improvements in skin and hair due to Hidden Content , standardized, 160mg 2x day. (no longer on it due to PG and BFing). Hidden Content

Staying positive cyster JJD1970's Avatar
    Thanks

I am glad that I am not alone in the boil dept.

I have had luck with Neosporin on a big bandage (like for a shin)
    and it usually bursts on its own. The Neosporin is the triple antibiotic and now they make one with pain reliever in it.
    How good is life??? LOL

I had a really bad one a few yrs back that the dr. had to lance.
    It was a cyst and if the roots of the evil thing aren't taken out, it can resurface. This one never came back.

Hope that helps.

Jen
    Me- 32
    DH- 31
    Fur baby- Rusty the cat
    TTC # 1
    Metformin 1700 mg
    Folic Acid 1mg
    Failed Clomid cycle #1 50mg- Mar
    Failed Clomid cycle #2 100mg- Apr
    On rest cycle until the fall/winter

Staying positive cyster JJD1970's Avatar
    Thanks

I am glad that I am not alone in the boil dept.

I have had luck with Neosporin on a big bandage (like for a shin)
    and it usually bursts on its own. The Neosporin is the triple antibiotic and now they make one with pain reliever in it.
    How good is life??? LOL

I had a really bad one a few yrs back that the dr. had to lance.
    It was a cyst and if the roots of the evil thing aren't taken out, it can resurface. This one never came back.

Hope that helps.

Jen
    Me- 32
    DH- 31
    Fur baby- Rusty the cat
    TTC # 1
    Metformin 1700 mg
    Folic Acid 1mg
    Failed Clomid cycle #1 50mg- Mar
    Failed Clomid cycle #2 100mg- Apr
    On rest cycle until the fall/winter