Thanks

Default Need information on Essure procedure

Hello Ladies,

I would like to hear from anyone who has had the Essure procedure or from anyone who has information on the Essure procedure.

I am a 41 year old mother of an 8 year old daughter. My husband and I have been married for 20 years. I was diagnosed with IR/PCOS a year ago by my GYN (who I absolutely love).

Due to many factors, including my age, weight, blood pressure, and PCOS issues, my husband and I have decided not to have any more children. However, my GYN will not prescribe birth control pills for me anymore due to my blood pressure and family history of stroke/heart problems.

He has suggested two options for me - the Essure procedure or the Paragard T. When I left his office yesterday, I was leaning towards the Paragard. But, the more I read about them both, I am now really leaning the other way. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

My sister just had it done.. and when I decide if I am truely DONE.. that is the route I am going.. what questions do you have?
    Me ~ 33 DH ~ 37
    Alexis Christine 11/25/05 Born @ 30 weeks
    Kaelyn Briana 12/26/07 36 wks

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    It's a BOY!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I guess I am wondering about things like:

-the pain level during and after the procedure
    -any problems with excessive bleeding after the procedure
    -in general, overall satisfaction with it

Thanks

what is it??

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up I had it done.

It is permanent birth control. Dr. opens/numbs cervix and fills the uterus with fluid. Then, they use a machine to put the coils into both tubes. I felt a little pain only when the first coil was put into the tube but didn't feel the second. They drugged me way too much. Who needs all those pills. I have a strong pain tolerance and I've had more painful paps than this. I did bleed for 5 day and I was bruised down there for 10 days. I didn't need any of those medications after Essure.
    I had my done on Aug 20. I started my period , already grrr, it's heaver than normal but it's sposed to adjust after 3 months.
    There are downs to this. You can't have big tubes and sometimes Dr. don't put them in right place or far enough in the tube. Pick a good Dr. There has been 1 pregnancy.

I have to go back in 3 months and too see if blocked.

Registered User aquablissdreams's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this done allmost three years ago. I actually watched them via a tv perform the procedure was interesting.
    My doctor gave me a valum to take one hour before they did it, and I have to say the worst was the many shots in the cervix to deaden it, and the water to inflate my uterus so that they could guide it through.
    Afterward I spotted for 3 days and that was it I had no pain at all , and I went shopping at the mall that same day.

Thanks

I had the essure procedure done after having my child in 2006. I got the xray which showed one tube was correctly blocked. The other coil was displaced in my uterus. When I got a traditional tubal ligation, the doctor said that the other coil was through my uterus. I am lucky that it did not cause some other serious complications. I would suggest doing more research on the compications of either procedure. I could have saved myself time and money by getting the tubal to begin with.