Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Plucking hair from your nipples?

I've noticed that noone is talking about this. is it just me that has hair growing around their areola? i'm talking about thick long black hairs...

recently i also had an ingrown on my areola but after a bit hair digging and 3 weeks the hair surfaced so i got it out.

i think that hairs on the nipples are probably the most embarrassing thing that could happen to a woman. tummy hair, facial hair and hair loss are right up there (for me). i hate plucking them. not comfortable at all and the worst thing is when you're with a guy and you realise you forgot to pluck your nipple hairs (even though you've shaved your tummy and facial hair) you feel so uncomfortable.

i hate the feeling. i just hate it.

Thanks

I do this too...I have done it so much i don't even full when I pluck..My fi knows i do this and winces everytime. I don't do it for him as much as for me.
    Stephanie(31) & Hubby Jason (32)
    Prenatal daily, Vit D3, and Inositol
    TTC#1
    Feb '13-HSG-All Clear
    Aug '13 -7.5mg Femara & Trigger & TI=BFN
    Sept '13 7.5mg Femara & Trigger & IUI=BFP
    Nov '13 MMC 8w5d
    Jan '13 7.5mg Femara & Trigger & IUI=??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Merci View Post
    the worst thing is when you're with a guy and you realise you forgot to pluck your nipple hairs (even though you've shaved your tummy and facial hair) you feel so uncomfortable.
    Don't worry, if he's got your nipple to play with he won't be in the least worried if it's hairy.

Thanks

yep - got that problem too. when I was on the pill I had to pluck maybe once a month 3-5 hairs. now I probably have 10 on each and need to pluck 1-2 a week.
    Sarah
    2 feline fur babies - Roberto & Ophelia
    Dx Aug 2008 - No meds prescribed
    (currently TTW)
    stopped bcp Oct. 2007
    bcp 2001-2007
    Starting Aug 2008

Saw palmetto 1x 340mg / day
    Multivitamin w/ 150mcg chromium and green tea extract

Thanks

Yes it definitely sucks big time! I have had this problem since my early teens & it does not get any easier. And the ingrown hairs are the worst--I dig too so not only do I have hairs, but also sores b/c I can't leave 'em alone! UGH!!!

Thanks

me too!! i just pluck mine. although it isnt so bad now that i have spiro......
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am with you all too. It is so irritating. I pluck when I have the time. I have never talked about it with my BF. I always have them plucked when we get frisky. Sometimes I miss a few but he has never said anything about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rrain View Post
    I have never talked about it with my BF. I always have them plucked when we get frisky. Sometimes I miss a few but he has never said anything about it.
    I think that it's probably a bit of a waste of time (as far as the BF or DH is concerned) plucking nipple hairs. Removing moustache or beard growth stops those areas looking masculine, but there's no way that a female nipple is going to remotely resemble a male one, so there's no need to pluck. Same goes for breasts -- I reckon that shaving them's probably a waste of effort as far as most males are concerned.

Thanks

when you havent been with a guy for a long time and you're basically still at the animal attraction level i dont think that nipple hair is sth your bf wants to see (especially guys my age, around 23-25 are still immature).
    and i dont feel comfortable with myself. and i feel insecure, not feminine.
    when i get to the stage that i can tell my boyfriend that i have pcos and what symptoms i have then i'll probably fell more comfortable when i forget to shave my beard or pluck my nipple hair.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes I Cant Pluck Because It Hurts Tooo Damn Bad So I Shave It. Then The Hairs Are Straight And Poky. I Hate It Too Lol Dh Knows Bout It But Ohh Well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Merci View Post
    when you havent been with a guy for a long time and you're basically still at the animal attraction level i dont think that nipple hair is sth your bf wants to see (especially guys my age, around 23-25 are still immature).
    I certainly can't imagine nipple hair being on the list of desirables. On the other hand, I would have thought nipples most certainly would be. And nipples that are obviously female will still be obviously female with hair. I reckon that nipples are so variable in appearance that hair would rate as just one variation and that if a guy gets more-ready access to a hairy nipple he'd go for that rather than a hairless one granted only on odd occasions.

and i dont feel comfortable with myself. and i feel insecure, not feminine.
    when i get to the stage that i can tell my boyfriend that i have pcos and what symptoms i have then i'll probably fell more comfortable when i forget to shave my beard or pluck my nipple hair.
    I would have thought that most guys would be much more turned off by a long story about pcos than they would by the hair.

I think there's a major difference between breast or nipple hair -- where a guy is seeing hair on something that's very obviously distinctly female in that most guys simply don't have breasts or well-developed nipples -- and beard growth, where a guy is seeing a distinctly masculine feature on a girl.

However, even with beard growth, I reckon that it's better to make sure they know at a very early stage. They'll figure it out very quickly indeed, anyway, if you shave every day, and it's far better for them to hear from yourself. If they can't tolerate a girl with male-type beard growth, then they and you are better looking elsewhere. On the other hand, if they know you've got male-type beard growth and they're still interested, you're on to a potential winner. Time enough to tell them the reason for the beard growth, nipple hair etc. a bit later.

That's how I see it -- obviously others may differ.

Thanks

If you haven't already, don't start plucking. If you're lucky enough, stick with the fuzziness. It's much better than the thick black hairs that come with plucking. I regret it. Even after plucking, you still have big unattractive pores left and redness and scarring from the inevitable ingrown hairs. As a rule, never never pluck anything but eyebrows.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    Don't worry, if he's got your nipple to play with he won't be in the least worried if it's hairy.
    BWAHAHA I love it. It's too true.

I have two or three that are always there and they get ingrown sometimes as well. Along with being curvy and the hair issues and funky hormones and all the other fun things associated with PCOS. Bf knows it and could care less. I pluck em when I remember I'm 24 too so guys my age are immature still but they are their whole lives My bf is 27 but he's just not shallow and yet he's still pretty sexy. Find a guy that knows all this "fun" stuff about ya and still treats you like your the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. They are out there. I promise.
    Diagnosed 3/2008

Meds
    Spiro 100mg
    Met 500mg & increasing
    Yaz

“According to a recent survey, men say the first thing they notice about a woman is their eyes, and women say the first thing they notice about men is they're a bunch of liars”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    If they can't tolerate a girl with male-type beard growth, then they and you are better looking elsewhere. On the other hand, if they know you've got male-type beard growth and they're still interested, you're on to a potential winner. Time enough to tell them the reason for the beard growth, nipple hair etc. a bit later.
    thats very true

Thanks

Mine get waxed! I have a very dear friend who has done my eybrows, sideburns, lip, under my chin, between my bbs and around my nipples. I was a little wierd at first, but it doesn't bother me anymore! DH loves it after cuz it's sooo smooth! and the grow back isn't that bad. I get it done about every 5-6 weeks! NO PLUCKING INVOLVED!
    Of course you would have to go to someone you trust! She does it at her house! just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in!
    SARA(33) BARRY (36)Hidden Content
    Married 09/17/05
    Praying for baby #1
    Trying to get control over the weight!Hidden Content

Exercise goal: Exercise!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content