Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PCOS Belly

Thanks

Thumbs down PCOS Belly

I hate that I look pregnant even though I'm not. Big PCOS belly. When I get a side shot in the mirror, I'm horrified!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbcorliss For This Useful Post:

BreezyB. (02-03-2012),PCOSsuckz (07-15-2012)

Thanks

I feel ya. If you look at me from behind, I look normal. Small butt, normal legs. Turn me around and it's like AH! Turn me to the side and it's even worse. It's totally horrible I know. And I don't know about you but when I lose weight it never seems to come from my belly either. I lose more from my face, legs, or arms and that just makes my belly protrude all that much more. And the stretch marks....good grief. I'm so embarrased of those worst of all I think. When PCOS hit I gained 60 lbs really quick which was one of the first signs something was wrong with me along with the hair loss then I managed to lose it in a realatively normal time frame but then I gained 90 back almost as soon as I lost the 60. Then I really struggled to lose 40 of that and now for the longest time I've been yo-yoing this same 10 up and down for forever trying to get past this plateau and finish losing the rest of it but it doesn't want to budge. If I ever get it done and finally lose it all I'm treating myself to cosmetic surgery to lose the stretch marks too! A friend of mine lost over 100lbs and had the loose skin removed and it took her stretch marks with it....that's exactly what I want, lol.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks

Omg, when I wear certain clothes it looks even worse. Fortunately no one has ever asked me if pregnant. I try not to look at myself sideways in the mirror. It's very sad....

sweetmisscuddles sweetmisscuddles's Avatar
    Thanks

same here have to be careful what i wear otherwise i look about 9 months gone. Damn PCOS belly i lose weight from my boobs but not the belly

Thanks

My mother has asked me a couple of times if I am pregnant!!!!!

I have been sick the past few weeks with glandular fever, and lost a few pounds ... from everywhere except my big blobby belly!
    Hidden Content
    ~Anna~
    'Ride it like you stole it!'

Thanks

sooooo know what you mean people do ask when im due, which im not...
    eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

the baby belly has been almost a life long symptom for me as well.. i have been asked when i'm due, and congratulated since i was in my early 20's.. it is embarassing and makes me feel like i just got kicked in the stomach.

also, i am so concious of it that i dont like going out.. or as little as possible.. i hate going for walks, because i dont want people to look at me.
    Last edited by sitara; 08-24-2008 at 05:22 AM. Reason: added second rant

Thanks

i hate going out too. i have always had the belly, but when i was thin, it was much easier to deal with. now that i'm heavier i am way more self-conscious about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbcorliss View Post
    I hate that I look pregnant even though I'm not. Big PCOS belly. When I get a side shot in the mirror, I'm horrified!
    I have this problem also. Although I hate to admit it. I have found that pilates helps with this. It works because you use controlled breathing while you are doing the exercise. It also works better if you use cardio with it. Pilates helps strenghten your core and retrain your muscles. Although I do still have a noticeable pooch, Ialso have muscle definition that resembles a six pack. It really does work. Good Luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lecroy30 For This Useful Post:

Sunshine1327 (08-02-2012)

Thanks

Same here! When I was at my heaviest, I used to get asked how far along I was... I'm thinner now but I still carry too much weight in my stomach.
    Me (31) DH (36)
    DSD (4) DSS (6)

Dx 2003
    2000 mg Metformin since April 2008
    Surprise BFP! 08/19/09 - M/C 08/21/09
    Surprise BFP - 8/30/10
    Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 1 day - 09/08/10

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have learned that pilates mixed with cardio really helps. It also works farely fast. I still have a "belly", but it has abdominal definition also. The ab lounge at wal mart really is effective. I can see my muscles going back where they are supposed to be.
    Pregnancy really stretched mine out. It was my first pregnancy. I stay diligent and hopefully in twelve weeks I will see the results.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lecroy30 For This Useful Post:

Sunshine1327 (08-02-2012)

Thanks

I get asked this too, some people are so rude.
    I have reasonably skinny arms for my weight so silly people just assume I'm pregnant and ask how long I have to go. GRRR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have a habit of hiking my control top panty hose over my stomach when I wear a dress and it really looks like I'm prego. My mom said, maybe you really want to be pregnant and that's why you let yourself gain so much weight. That's not what I wanted to hear. What little indention of a waist line I have dissapears not I don't even have one anymore. However, it's not just my waist, I'm "fluffy" everywhere. ha ha

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heidi dawning For This Useful Post:

MisterH (11-01-2011)

Thanks

I have the exact same problem. And, frankly, it really pisses me off when people just assume I'm pregnant. I tried to go canoeing last weekend, and they triend to tell me I couldn't get into the boat. When I asked why, they responded "well, pregnant women aren't allowed on the trips". Not only was that just enough to crush my self esteem more (didn't know that was possible), but it made me want to cry right there because I WANT to get pregnant - and can't for anything. It's just another constant reminder of what it seems I will never have. (Unless I win the lottery and 20 grand for IVF comes my way...doubtful!) People are so insensitive. I would NEVER approach a perfect stranger under the assumption that she was pregnant.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to savannah1020 For This Useful Post:

MisterH (11-01-2011),Mrs.Stephie (01-04-2012),RavenShanice (12-10-2011)