Thanks

Default Mini Pill "Micronor"

I just had my annual check up, my blood pressure was a little high I think is due to a stressful week. (Waiting on a job offer, might be moving.) I've been on Desogen for 4 years and I've had regular periods no problems at all. But due to blood pressure my Dr said I should try Micronor, so I said ok, but now I've done some research I'm not sure it's a good fit for me. I really don't want my acne to come back, since I've been on Desogen my skin has been great and I've had really regular periods.

I was wondering if I should try it for a month and see, or should I go back and say I want Desogen. Anyone had any bad experiences with it?

I was reading that it may increase a risk of ovary cysts, but it's also meant to help with blood pressure and people who are overweight.
    Last edited by NatalieLucy; 09-24-2008 at 03:33 AM.
    Natalie (27) Hidden Content Clayton (29)
    Finally Pregnant with #1

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

No way, I would go back and demand your pill. My bp has been a little high occasionally but I know they were definitely due to either going to the gym before the appointment (whoops!) or because I was majorly stressed!

Either way, you can say that you need your pill to control your symptoms, because Micronor will more than likely really mess you up. The progestogen is not good for PCOS and it won't regulate your cycles either as it is a mini-pill.

I tried Cerazette, which is the newer mini-pill which is desogestrel so you may prefer it if you can't get your desogen. However, it didn't suit me at all, and since stopping it I'm worse than before with acne and erratic bleeding...

Good luck, hope this helps xx

Thanks

Thank you, yes that does help. I just called and she is going to call me back, the receptionist said she probably won't switch me back cause of my BP. I'm sure that's all due to stress, I'm just going to have to be firm and say i'd like me put back on it, with maybe some check ups for my BP.
    Finally Pregnant with #1

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Good, yes be firm with them. I'm sick of being put on things that don't work just because a particular doctor wants to play safe and is overreacting to something! They all have different opinions. I feel that I know my body well enough to know if something is wrong.

Hope you get some proper help. Let me know what the outcome is.. xx

Thanks

Well great she won't give me back Desogen because of the risk of blood clots and my high blood pressure which was 140/90 then they checked again which was 120/90. So she wants me to come back in do look at other birth control and other methods.

Anyone know of any other good methods for PCOS ?
    Finally Pregnant with #1

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Aww that's annoying... Ok, well when I had to stop Marvelon due to migraines I ended up having a non-hormonal IUD fitted (actually as emergency contraception..long story), but that obviously doesn't help with PCOS.

You could try Cerazette mini-pill if it's available, which is desogestrel only, and if you get on with Desogen, it would be good for you. Any mini-pill won't affect your bp so it is a good choice in that respect.

There's the Mirena coil which is the hormonal coil with Levenorgestrel progestogen which acts like taking the mini-pill.

xx

Thanks

Thank you for your help! I will look into those and research them, you've been a great help.

I guess I'm worried all my symptoms will come flying back once I change.
    Finally Pregnant with #1

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Well i have been on cerazette and it made me put on a stone in 4 weeks then i was given Micronor which is just as bad, i have ben reading up about Jasmin pill - anyone know about that?

Thanks

The problem with that pill is it has no estrogen in it. So if you have irregular or excessive bleeding the pill wont help. At-least that was my experience.

ETA: My doc is very nice. I was concerned about clotting and such risks but he reminded me the risks were just as high being in a plane crash or struck by lightning. As long as I don't smoke or do things to up my risk( like being a drunk) , I was "safe".

Thanks

Loking at taking Vitex instead and trying the herbal route and see if that helps, just need to be careful as we dont want to convieve until after the wedding next year!