View Poll Results: How long does your breast tenderness last before you get your period?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • A few days.

1 3.70%
  • About a week.

6 22.22%
  • About 2 weeks.

5 18.52%
  • I have chronic breast tenderness.

3 11.11%
  • I do not have breast tenderness.

7 25.93%
  • I used to have breast tenderness, but do not anymore (please explain)

0 0%
  • Other (please explain)

5 18.52%
    Thanks

Default How long does breast tenderness typically last when you're PMSing? (poll)

Ladies who experience breast tenderness or soreness during PMS, please submit generally how long it lasts before you start your period!

Registered User sarah jane parr's Avatar
    Thanks

For me it is usually a week, it is so annoying. I do feel so sorry for my poor dh when i suffer from PMS.

Thanks

Ladies, please, please respond to the poll. It's just two clicks. It would greatly help myself, and others, to see if we can relate our breast symptoms to where are in our menses compared to other PCOs sufferers such as ourselves.

This topic has been viewed over 20 times and only one of us voted... I do not understand why none of us has taken time out for just two clicks...?

Love to all..

Thanks

I get breast tenderness only after I ovulate (due to the rise in progesterone) and it lasts until a few days before AF. No ovulation, no tenderness... They actually get so sore and sensitive that it becomes uncomfortable.
    Me (31) DH (36)
    DSD (4) DSS (6)

Dx 2003
    2000 mg Metformin since April 2008
    Surprise BFP! 08/19/09 - M/C 08/21/09
    Surprise BFP - 8/30/10
    Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 1 day - 09/08/10

Hidden Content

Registered User TheGigglingFrog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have rotating PMS, meaning that I never know what surprise will come with each cycle... this last few months it has been a really snarky and impatient attitude. Before that it was 20 pounds of water (I'm 6' tall, so yes, it is possible and it sucks), I have gone a few months straight with sore breasts even though AF came and went, the soreness stayed. I have also had months were I am just stuck with bad cramps in my back. It seems to change with the seasons, so we'll see what is coming in Oct, Nov, & Dec...

Thanks

Every cycle is different,sometimes I have breast tenderness and others not at all. Sometimes it is only 2 days before AF.Other times 2 weeks leading to AF.blah.

Thanks

I haven't had AF since november and then it was induced by BCP, but I'm very interested in seeing these results as I've had breast tenderness for almost a couple of weeks now and I'm hoping it's AF just round the corner
    forever in our hearts
    Jan 2009 (10 weeks), June 2011 (6 weeks), DS 3rd Jan 2012 (19 weeks) & July 2012 (12 weeks 4 days)

TTC - Cycle No.4 - 7 March - New to injects - 50IU Puregon - Ovitrelle trigger CD16 - BFP 12dpo!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Im pg, whats ur excuse?? aphrodity1029's Avatar
    Thanks

I have chronic breast pain. But when I do have af it increases about a week before she comes. When I ovulate my nips feel pinchy(I call them bb zingers hehe!) I hope it helps!
    Me(Bekki)~28 PCOS and Endo & DH(Shannon)~29 MF and vericocele
    DD(Kendall)~10 DS(Gage)~ Brand new!
    BFP 12/17/08!!!!!
    Beta#1-480, P4-22.4,Beta#2-1521,Beta#3-8606,
    01/09/09 hb141!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I chose "other".
    I used to have extremely sore breasts for one to two weeks. I have fibrocystic breasts. I used to drink tons of caffeinated diet sodas, my sister who also has fibrocystic breasts suggested I cut out all caffeine because that helped her. I still drink green tea that has caffeine in it.
    They occasionally get a little sore now, but it's tolerable, I can actually sleep on my stomach again even when they are sore, before there was no way to sleep like that. They also seem a little less lumpy.
    Hidden Content
    “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger." Dalai Lama XIV
    "That which you manifest is before you." from The Art of Racing in the Rain - my new favorite book!

Thanks

I know I'm the OP but I have not voted just yet--- before my PCOS struggle and had normal periods from a very young age, I would always, always get breast tenderness before my period----but I never took note of how long it lasted. I just took it as a warning.

But, now that AF likes to disappear for 5-8 months at a time, usually thereew is no breast tenderness. I managed to have 2 normal periods this summer with breast soreness signalling them, but, now that I have had breast soreness for almost 2 weeks, I am beginning to wonder if I'm experiencing all these PMS symptoms with no period. I will update the poll on how long my breast tenderness lasted before I started, or, if it decided to just disappear with no AF.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGigglingFrog View Post
    I have rotating PMS, meaning that I never know what surprise will come with each cycle... this last few months it has been a really snarky and impatient attitude. Before that it was 20 pounds of water (I'm 6' tall, so yes, it is possible and it sucks), I have gone a few months straight with sore breasts even though AF came and went, the soreness stayed. I have also had months were I am just stuck with bad cramps in my back. It seems to change with the seasons, so we'll see what is coming in Oct, Nov, & Dec...
    Ever since my PCOS kick in, in early January 2007 when I was all screwed up on BCPs and hormones for breast cancer that I didn't even need - I can definitely relate to the "rotating PMS." Sometimes all the signs will be there, but AF takes a vacation for several months. I've decided to start tracking everything, breast tenderness signaling a rise in progesterone. My doctor actually told me that too much Progesterone can actually make PMs very severe.

Quote Originally Posted by etuc View Post
    I chose "other".
    I used to have extremely sore breasts for one to two weeks. I have fibrocystic breasts. I used to drink tons of caffeinated diet sodas, my sister who also has fibrocystic breasts suggested I cut out all caffeine because that helped her. I still drink green tea that has caffeine in it.
    They occasionally get a little sore now, but it's tolerable, I can actually sleep on my stomach again even when they are sore, before there was no way to sleep like that. They also seem a little less lumpy.
    That's a perfect reason to vote "other," I completely forgot about that problem. I'm really glad that it's somewhat under control. I tend to link anything "cystic" with PCOS, such as the cystic acne that comes along with it.

Thanks

Just wanted to add a bit of family cyst history -
    I had very bad cystic acne when I was a teen, thankfully that ended with accutane though I still have permanent lumps on my chin . My sister who also has fibrocystic breasts didn't have a problem with acne and doesn't have PCOS, my other sister doesn't have pcos or fibrocystic breasts but she does occasionally develop very large ovarian cysts, she never had bad acne either.
    I win for lumpiest bumpiest girl in my family.
    Hidden Content
    “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger." Dalai Lama XIV
    "That which you manifest is before you." from The Art of Racing in the Rain - my new favorite book!

Thanks

Ok. So. I chose "other" because my breast soreness began 2 weeks ago, my period started 2 days ago, and my breasts are still sore - though not as sore as when I was PMSing. So, really, I would have chosen "About 2 weeks," because that's when it was bad. But since its still kind of lingering, I spose I had to choose "other."

Quote Originally Posted by etuc View Post
    Just wanted to add a bit of family cyst history -
    I had very bad cystic acne when I was a teen, thankfully that ended with accutane though I still have permanent lumps on my chin . My sister who also has fibrocystic breasts didn't have a problem with acne and doesn't have PCOS, my other sister doesn't have pcos or fibrocystic breasts but she does occasionally develop very large ovarian cysts, she never had bad acne either.
    I win for lumpiest bumpiest girl in my family.

Oh, I feel you on the lumpy chin thing. I am just glad it's not that visible. At least in my case, lol

Thanks

Ever since I started spiro and yasmin, I've had breast tenderness continuously...blah!
    *Diagnosed with PCOS 2006* [TTC since April 2013]
    Cycle #1-4 (1 natural cycle/3 Femara): BFN
    Cycle #5 (Aug/2013) Femara, Metformin:
    BFP 9/1/13, M/C
    Cycle #6 (Dec/2013) Femara, Metformin: BFN
    Cycle #7 (Feb/2014) Femara, Metformin, Gonal 150: BFN
    Cycle #8 (Mar/2014) Femara, Metformin; Gonal F 300 CD 8-9: BFN
    Cycle #9 (April/2014) No meds due to cysts: BFN
    Cycle 10 (June/2014) Femara 7.5mg CD 3-7; Metformin, Gonal 600:
    BFP / EDD: 3/10/15 Hidden Content Hidden Content