Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks

I have received Family Planning Insurance through my state. It only covers the family planning portion of medical cost. Like bc and paps, etc. If I have a cold I go to a place here that is based on income. The Family Planning Insurance so far has covered most of my care. I have to pay $175 for an ultrasound but so far that is all I have had to pay for. I would check in with the state insurance and see if they have something similar.
    Weight: 220 lbs
    Diagnosed: awaiting diagnosis
    Meds: Celexa 40mg (anxiety/depression), Celebrex 200mg (for pain), Micronor 28's 0.35mg (birth control)

Thanks

Well if you don't have yourself insured yet, then it's time for you to have one before it's too late to act... Look for insurance companies online and gather all the possible information you can about them. As we say "PRECAUTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE"

Praying for twins =) BREATHE_MARIE's Avatar
    Thanks

Since my husband left the USMC I don't have it either. Right now I am taking care of myself. Losing weight & dieting. I take supplements that I get from Vitamin Shoppe. I have my husband on Fertil Aid. If I do have any issues I go to a family dr & get checked out first.

Thanks

I dont have insurance my job doesnt offer and neither does my husbands. Its been almost 4 years since I've been to the doctor. State insurance is only offered if I have children or am pregnant.

Thanks

I am in the same boat at you above. What are some common things that help with our pcos life. Vits, specific foods, and what not. Besides the obvious diet and exercise.
    Diagnosed: 2006/2007 Age 17
    Suspected: Age 15
    No current meds

"Among the things that you can give and still keep are your words, a smile and a grateful heart."

Registered User lizstafford2013's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have insurance either I just go to the health department where I live. Its based off your income.

Thanks

I have no insurance and haven't since I was diagnosed in 2009. My mom paid for the doctor visits at the time. I had not had any harsh symptoms other than infertility (I wasn't actively trying) and irregular periods. My weight was good and I felt healthy. Unfortunately, when I turned 27 my world was flipped and every symptom hit like a ton of bricks.

Luckily for me my doctor didn't write down in my file what I had so that it wouldn't come up as a pre-exisiting condition when I went to get insurance. I thought that it was strange and doubted that it would be considered pre-exsisting but she warned me it would be. Now, I'm able to look for insurance as a seemingly healthy 27 year old.

Thanks

you could try medshare too