Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Most Overused Girl Names?

What names do you think are overused to the point of rolling your eyes when you hear another child with that name?

Just curious, Im trying to name my baby girl!
    Visit My Myspace Hidden Content

waiting on a miracle kelly_2005's Avatar
    Thanks

grace ... i love that name and it is my neices name but i hear ALOT of people with it either as the first or middle name

I Kicked PCOS In The .... Jenlynn83's Avatar
    Thanks

2 of my girls have REALLY over used names, but I didn't know at the time: Kayla and Katie.

*Jennifer(30) *
    *Kayla(12)*Kate(10)*Kyleigh(6)**Carson(2)*
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenlynn83 View Post
    2 of my girls have REALLY over used names, but I didn't know at the time: Kayla and Katie.

LOL That's exactly what I was going to say. My neice is named Catie and every year in school, there are at least 2 or 3 other Catie's or Kayla's or McKayla's. All beautiful names, but VERY popular.

Thanks

I don't roll my eyes at these names as I actually really like them, but I'm surprised at how many people have them now.

Emily, Emma (one of my favorites!), Madison, Isabelle, Kaylee (with all spelling variations), Olivia, Grace, Kayden (or any "aiden" sounding names).

A nice trend I've noticed is people using names of their grandparents -- those classic names are coming back in style.
    Me - Heather H (34) | DH (34)
    Married July 1999

Find out sex on 12/24!

I Kicked PCOS In The .... Jenlynn83's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, I wanted to say... I wanted to name Kyleigh "Lillian" but I am glad I didn't .. I know 5 Lillians born since Ky was.

Kayla is almost 8 and when I had here I didn't know a Kayla, now there are like a billion of them. And with Kaitlyn "Katie" my DH loved the name so much we didn't care. LOL

Last edited by Jenlynn83; 09-27-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    *Jennifer(30) *
    *Kayla(12)*Kate(10)*Kyleigh(6)**Carson(2)*
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I agree with the previous post by astropixel -- I tend to like these names but am surprised by the popularity of them. Plus, I don't want my child to be one of 2 or 3 in a class with the same name. I taught elementary school and had a Grace, a Gracie and three Erik's (Erik, Eric, and Erick).

You asked about Girl names: Emily, Emma, Kaitlyn, Gracie, Madison, Ava, Abigail, Hannah.
    KERI 32 Hidden Content DH 32

DS Ryan (4/23/09)
    8 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hannah, Hailey, Sarah, Rachel...I teach and those are the names that I see year after year after year!
    Stephanie

Two early miscarriages 11/06 & 8/07
    July 2008: metformin + gonal f w/IUI = BFP!!!
    Colin & Avery arrived April 1, 2009!!!

May 2010: Surprise BFP with IUD in place
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I agree with others and wanted to add that I'm seeing Sophia quite a bit as well. You can check the social security website for the most popular, but in particular you should check the top names for your state. The top names can vary quite a bit by region.

We checked our choice for our daughters' first and middle names, her first name (which will be Tabitha) is WAY down the list and her middle name (Leighton) isn't even ON the list. It was important to us that her name was not heard very often!
    Lisa (36) Hidden Content Robert (36)
    Married since 3.11.95
    1st ever BFP 3.7.08 (Met only)
    Tabitha Leighton arrived 11.7.08, 7 lbs 1 oz, 19 in
    And our lives are forever changed...

Thanks

I am so sick of the Mc name, all of them are over used, McKenna, McKayla, McKenzie. I also have 2 nieces Emma Leigh and Emily and a cousin Emalie, just because they were diffrent with the spelling, all 3 of them gave their girls the same name and it is completely confusing when all 3 are together. Once we knew my step sister had a girl, delivery surprise, we begged my SIL to change the name but she was adament. Emily is the Jennifer of the 70s and 80s.

Thanks

I was seriously considering Leighton for a first name. I wonder if it will become very popular because of Leighton Meester on gossip girl? I love it. Leighton Elise

I think these are overused: Ava, Ava, Ava, Emma, Abigail, Madeline (though I LOVE the name), Isabel. The names arent bad, just common. Ive always loved the name Emily but Ill never name my daughter that.
    Visit My Myspace Hidden Content

Thanks

Its funny how different countries can have such popular names compared to other countries. If I were to answer this question, over here in New Zealand I'd have to say definitely every second girl here seems to be named Ella, Zoe, Brooke, Madison. We are naming our little girl Sophia and I have not come across another baby named Sophia since finding out we were having a girl.
    Jenn (25) Dylan (28) Feb 08
    Sophia arrived 05/11/2008 at 7.52am weighing 8lb 2oz
    Hidden Content
    Gabriella arrived 11/04/2011 at 11.33am weighing 9lb 14oz

Hidden Content
    Amelia arrived 05/02/2013 at 2.46pm weighing 10lb 2oz

Hidden Content

Thanks

I love the name Emily and was really was thinking of this name but I know it is way over used I also think Chloe is really common now. My niece is named Chloe and at her daycare center they have 7 girls named Chloe out of 34 kids. Her mom is all upset
    ME: Rees(31) DH: Dan(31)

Thanks

Although I love the name Madelyn, I agree it is getting quite popular. I'm a teacher, and I see a lot of Hannah's, McKenna's, and Maddie's. Another name that I am hearing a lot of babies being named is Avery. Maybe that is just around here, but I seriously know 3 or 4 new girls named Avery. I think it is pretty.

Anna
    dd born 10/03
    dd born 3/06

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anna30 View Post
    Although I love the name Madelyn, I agree it is getting quite popular. I'm a teacher, and I see a lot of Hannah's, McKenna's, and Maddie's. Another name that I am hearing a lot of babies being named is Avery. Maybe that is just around here, but I seriously know 3 or 4 new girls named Avery. I think it is pretty.

Anna
    That's funny...DH and I picked out the name Avery for one of our twins, but only for a boy. I suggested using it either way (just picking two names that could be used for boy or girl), but DH says he ONLY likes it for a boy. I have never met an Avery, so must not be too popular around here!
    Stephanie

Two early miscarriages 11/06 & 8/07
    July 2008: metformin + gonal f w/IUI = BFP!!!
    Colin & Avery arrived April 1, 2009!!!

May 2010: Surprise BFP with IUD in place
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content