Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Ginger Tea induces my periods every time.

In July when I was PMsing horribly, and after 7 months with no period, I began to PMs - crampy, acne, etc. I was really nauseous, so I made a cup of Ginger tea and I started a period literally 2 hours later.
    Didn't make the connection. August came, same thing happened, 2 hours after drinking the Ginger tea my period started.

So I did some research and herb books say ginger and parsley will bring on a period. I was like psh, yeah right.
    So I waited until my next AF time (in theory was sposed to start a week ago )t o drink the Ginger tea. I really had doubts and thought it to be coincidence.

But 2 hours after drinking the tea, Af started (2 days ago). Unfortunately a lot of my PMs symptoms are still present, so I'm wondering if this "forced" period is just that - a forced period - while my hormones are still going nuts; however my face is almost completely clear, which I haven't seen in over a year. I still have headaches, lethargy, mental symptoms and breast soreness, though. Usually that goes away with the onset of AF, but not this time. Oh well.

I heard that this method will only work if you have ovulated, or at least came close to voulating.

Also note that every time I used this method my period was never bright red like it normally is - it's usually brownish orange with red in it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Camisa For This Useful Post:

Faery Chaos (11-02-2011)

Thanks

Thanks for the information Nova...will definitetly try this next time
    forever in our hearts
    Jan 2009 (10 weeks), June 2011 (6 weeks), DS 3rd Jan 2012 (19 weeks) & July 2012 (12 weeks 4 days)

TTC - Cycle No.4 - 7 March - New to injects - 50IU Puregon - Ovitrelle trigger CD16 - BFP 12dpo!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Let me know if it works for you!

Thanks

how exactly do u make ginger tea?? would like to try it sometime

Thanks

interesting...thanks for sharing!
    Dana (35) Hidden Content Larry (34)
    #1 BFP 7/27
    Nadia Winter born 3/24 via C-Section
    #2 BFP 7/3

Thanks

Default hopeful

I'm going to see my boyfriend in ny next week (long distance relationship) and according to my calendar I come on the day before I get there. So last nite I tried the parsley tea and this morning I made the ginger tea I feel cramping but nothing yet I hope it works thanks for the advice.

Thanks

Hi Cysters,

It sure has been a while!!!! I came on here because I have some new exciting symptoms that I will be mentioning in another post, lol.

I hope this ginger has worked for you gals, the parsley actually never helped me bring on a period at all. My periods have been very regular since getting off of Xanax. My acne has dramatically cleared up, my periods are now somewhat regular...not predictable but monthly...and if I am late, the ginger tea does bring it on. I believe it has something to do with the fact that ginger can stimulate blood flow, which makes sense as to why it will not work if you have not ovulated. I also used very high doses of pure ginger grounds, about 1200mg in a tea tincture. Anyway, I believe Xanax caused me to have PCOS-like problems with my hormones and reproductive organs (among many other health issues!!!!)
    ....it all makes sense now b/c my ultrasounds prior to Xanax use were always normal, after Xanax use the ultrasounds were disgusting, my symptoms were disgusting, they were crippling.

These days I hardly even have PMs where I used to have PMDD.... although I have developed seizures from getting off of the Xanax without tapering...it should always be tapered else the withdrawals last a very long time, like months....It's been a few years and now I only have seizure activity when I ovulate and actually feel better around PMS, but I have some exciting new symptoms..that I need help with...so if anyone happens to read my next post after tthis one it would be so appreciated. I'm going to go write it now.

Thanks

Hey great info!
    I will experiment with this and see how it goes,
    Found a herb book and it said that it is good for blood flow,
    I always have cold hand an feet so will try, thanks x

Thanks

So, ginger can bring in your AF without ovulation..??
    Married since 4/16/2010
    TTC #1 -- 5/1/2010
    BFP 9/28/2010,mc at 3weeks Hidden Content
    TTC #2 -- 4/17/2011 Hidden Content
    BFP 10/08/2011
    Hidden Content

Thanks

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/3/a/Ginger_Tea.htm

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Mak...-Tea&id=710936

You can also buy Ginger Tea bags & make the tea that way.
    I think buying the tea bags would be a easyer way of making it.
    But it's up to you
    I hope it helps you

Quote Originally Posted by luxury View Post
    how exactly do u make ginger tea?? would like to try it sometime
    Last edited by SweetGirl55; 06-10-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Thanks

HOw many cups of ginger tea do I need to drink to induce my period? Cuz I haven't had mine 3 months and in the meantime I got hair on my chin (that i had to pluck, like 1 or 2 strands0 and a bit of hair on my chest...

Thanks

Hi I was just notified on my phone of this response;To induce my period with ginger tea I drink 1/2 to one full cup of Traditional Medicinals ginger tea and it should contain approx 1200mg of giner tea in each teabag. (So 1/2 cup would be abou 600mg). It may be different for other people and of course too much of anything is not good.
    Also worth mentioning is that if my body is not in the Luteal Phase, my period will not start. But if I am in the Luteal Phase (phase after ovulation time) and having severe PMS, the ginger tea sets things in motion instead of allowing myself to suffer and wait for my body to induce the period when it feels like it.
    Also, after the first two-three times I did this little trick, my periods began to come on their own again without the ginger tea. They were odd for a good year and still learning something new about them every cycle. The longest I'd gone without menstruating was a full year. My cycles now typically range about every 38 days. I'm 24 years old. Prior to getting symptoms of PCOS/amenorrhea in 2007, my periods were a solid 28-32 days (usually). LET ME KNOW if this helps you!

Thanks

Red face What helps with late period

So I finally got my period on Oct28. Been 4 months since my last one (6/6/11). I drank parsley and put it in there...At first I thought it didn't work, but after a week it worked. So it takes patience. I guess also me eating more salads and fruits helped. Anyways, hope all is well with you guys

Thanks

I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to say, I am going to try this. (I have it steeping right now). Wish me luck!!
    ME (29) DH (29) <3
    5/12/13. 6#15oz & 20.5 inches of beautiful!
    4/6/14. 7#12oz & 20.5 inches of handsome!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

No, but I'm not sure I drank enough. Also, this cycle has been non-ovulatory (as usual). So perhaps that is why? I did get some cramping, so *something* was trying to wake up down there!
    ME (29) DH (29) <3
    5/12/13. 6#15oz & 20.5 inches of beautiful!
    4/6/14. 7#12oz & 20.5 inches of handsome!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content