Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

I can't tell you too much about RMA, but I went to IVF NJ in the Freehold office and I can not say enough good things about Dr. Natofsky. I was very happy with him and intend to go back when TTC #2. He also practices out of the Somerset office of IVF NJ. His bed side manner is wonderful. He really listens to your input on your care and is aggressive (if you want to be) which is what I wanted. He also specializes in PCOS.
    Angel Baby (5 weeks) 7-08 Hidden Content
    TTC#1 Follistim 75iu - 225iu, IUI cd16
    BFP 10-30-08 11DPO Hidden Content Beta#1 291 15DPO,#2 675 17DPO, #3 1491 19DPO
    DS Born 7/7/09 9lbs1oz 21.5 inches
    TTC#2 CD1 4-27-10 Injectables and IUI, IUI CD13 5/9 Mother's Day!!! BFP 05-20-10 11DPO
    Beta#1 322 15DPO, #2 859 17DPO, #3 1867 19DPO
    DD Born 1/25/11 8lbs8oz 21inchesHidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Default Response to Dr Hock question

I saw Dr Hock throughout my entire time at RMA, and while I don't have anything negative to say, I would recommend Dr Boeher first (of course, go to RMA forewarned by my previous posts, as I think their andrology dept is skewed). Dr Hock was great, but I had to ask multiple times for tests I wanted done. I felt like she was always doing the "typical" course, instead of specifically looking at my case. Dr Boeher handled my surgeries, and I got the feeling he listened more than Dr Hock. Both had great bedside manner, but I still recommend multiple opinions in any infertility case! Good luck!
    TTC since 1/07 - age 35, DH 36, married 10/28/06
    2/13/08 - First IUI with clomid and trigger, ended in m/c
    4/18/08 - Second IUI with clomid and trigger, BFN
    6/13/08 - 1st IVF (with ICSI), ended in m/c
    10/2/08 - natural cycle with ICI

International Pond Hopper Gwenneh's Avatar
    Thanks

My husband and I definitely second the recommendation for Dr. Bohrer at RMA.

The thing about the andrology department is that they use the Kruger method instead of the less strict guidelines of the WHO. That is why the andrology results may not come back the same as with other labs and doctors. We were forewarned about this by Dr. Bohrer, who told us not to be alarmed if the results weren't the same as with previous analysis.
    Gwen: 34, currently navigating parenthood with two.

DS1, born December 2010 after laparoscopy, successful IUI + trigger.
    DS2, born November 2013 after....surprise!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hey Girls - it is so smart you put this up!! I actually saw RMA and my first thought was going to be it was positive feedback. I don't go there, but go to Diamond Infertility in Milburn which is pretty close to a few of the RMA offices. I love Diamond. There is a wait in the mornings but they get the job done. My mom went there 30 years ago to get me! Before i switched to IVF I thought about getting a consult with RMA - I never did! If anyone has questions about Diamond feel free to ask.
    Niki & Danny 30 03/28/08

Hidden Content

Thanks

Thank you so much for your responses! I think maybe what I'll do is have them transfer me from Dr. Hock to Dr. Bohrer. I read up on Dr. Hock and she does also specialize in PCOS, but it seems like several of you REALLY like him, so I'll ask to be switched for the consult It's also good to know about the ICSI. I honestly don't think my DH has a problem, so I'm not too worried about that. I've been having him change his diet bc he HATES veggies and he's allergic to most fruit, so I basically have to puree veggies and hide them lol Good practice for a kid though! Thanks for all your info

Thanks

My doc at RMA is Dr Mollinero ( i think thats the spelling). DH got a better SA this time..The still recommended a Urologist he went and the Urologist thinks it was stage fright and is not worried but ofcourse they want to test more but cant go back until December. Im not happy with all this waiting we done several test wish we could proceed already but I guess they are just doing thier job..we will see what happens in the coming weeks.
    Dana (35) Hidden Content Larry (34)
    #1 BFP 7/27
    Nadia Winter born 3/24 via C-Section
    #2 BFP 7/3

Thanks

Thanks for all the info! I had my appt switched to Dr. Bohrer (even though I have to wait now another 2 weeks lol). I think it was a good thing. We will see what they do. How long does it generally take for them to look at all your test results and start treatment from when you do your initial consult? I'm only curious bc I still haven't gotten A/F yet but I'm sure it will happen any day. I cancelled my Monday appt with Dr. Hock to switch to Dr. Bohrer. Since I noticed that a lot of the testing requires you to be on A/F (the 3rd day fertility testing, and something on the 7th day of cycle, etc.) I'm wondering if I should just keep hers instead of having to wait one more cycle. Thoughts?

Thanks

As far as how quick they start...it all depends. My appt was on 9/30 and still nothing yet for me.
    They had me do Bloodwork and 2-3 days later they called me and told me it was ok to start Provera.
    During my visit they prescribed me Metformin, Clomid and Provera.
    THey told me that I would also take Clomid that same cycle and have 2 IUIs and and Ovidrel shot.
    CD3 I had bloodwork and DH also did an SA which came back low.
    They sent him to see a Urologist and they want to do more testing and make him another appt. Because of DH they did not want to proceed. The nurse kept telling me that if his SA came back low again that the doc will not want to do the IUI. So basically this cycle was cancelled.

Im assuming if everything comes back okay it can move very quickly...if not there may be a wait. It may also depend on the doc you get.

Good luck! hope you dont end up playing the waiting game like me. I thought it was going to be over once I went to this place.
    #1 BFP 7/27
    #2 BFP 7/3

Thanks

Smile

Weill it sound slike they have at least started you on things (met, clomid, etc.) so at least tehy don't have you waiting without doing anything for you. I'm sure they're just waiting to get clearance on other stuff to get it all really going. That's not a bad thing. When you'r dealing with hormones, you definitely don't want them to jump the gun bc they can screw things up more. How are you handling the Metformin? I had a bad time with it and was going to switch to the slow release version of it, but if they want to put me on it again, I'm going to ask for Glucophase instead. I've heard people having less side effects on that. I'm sure they'll get things going for you soon

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I adored Dr. Hock :-) I imagine it's just a matter of finding a doctor whose personality meshes well with your own.. Dr. Hock felt like my soulmate! She was totally willing to discuss my thoughts on treatment options and even let me get out of the injectible progesterone ... I wanted to use endometrin vaginal supplements. (got pregnant on my first cycle, have twin baby girls now)
    Married March, 2006 Hidden Content
    IVF #1 10-11/2008; Twin Girls! Born May, 2009!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi Nikiangel can you give me more info about Diamond??? Not may people talk about them. I need to decide where I am going to go.

Thanks

I'm actually going back to IVF NJ on 1/13 to see Dr. Yi. She was my dr about 3 years ago and I am going back because their hamilton office is about 1 mile from my house so it is less gas for the car for me. I am hoping that I don't have to redo too many tests before starting the injectables with my next cycle. I liked Dr. Yi, but she didn't seem all that aggressive at the time and she didn't seem too willing to "think outside the box," but hopefully, since I am in the mindframe now to be really aggressive, we can get it done better.
    happy new year!

Thanks

Thought I would mention this.. I had Dr Bohrer 3 times so far for monitoring and I love him!!!!
    Im thinking about switching to him instead of Dr Molinaro. He is nice but for some Reason Dr Bohrer seems like he is more on my team if you know what I mean.
    Anyone ever switch docs there?
    Im not sure if I should or not..might be weird.
    #1 BFP 7/27
    #2 BFP 7/3