Thanks

Default How do you know if Clomid is working before you O?

Hi girls,

Just wanted to know if there were any "physical" signs of Clomid working...

I just began 50mg, and after 2 days I must say I've felt some minor "twinges" down by my ovaries...slight headaches and absolutely NO PATIENCE!!! (This is the most difficult part - I'm a special ed teacher and spent the day screaming at my kids!)

Is there any way to know Clomid is working (doctor is not monitoring me or measuring follicles) just by how your body is feeling?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

I don't have an answer for you, but I had to repond. No offense, but I LOL when I read your post. I just finished my clomid CD 5-9. I'm on CD 11. I'm a special ed. teacher also. My only side effect I had was lack of patience, which as you know as a special educator we usually have a lot of. I just about lost it in class more than once.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madsmommy View Post
    I don't have an answer for you, but I had to repond. No offense, but I LOL when I read your post. I just finished my clomid CD 5-9. I'm on CD 11. I'm a special ed. teacher also. My only side effect I had was lack of patience, which as you know as a special educator we usually have a lot of. I just about lost it in class more than once.

Ha Madsmommy - and I'm not a screamer!!! At one point today I started laughing - almost bringing myself to tears - and I put my head in my hands...one of my kids told me it was OK and he was sorry, he would be good....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and tomorrow and Wednesday our entire school is being observed...talk about pressure!!

Thanks

I would recommend temping, this is the best way to get to know your body and to make sure that Clomid is working. Its sometimes hard to tell if you Od on Clomid as your CM can dry up so without temping it can be hard to pinpoint or even comfirm that you have O'd

Do you temp??

I was so moody on clomid too

I got my first BFP on my first cycle of Clomid so good luck

Beta's
    12DPO - 27
    14DPO - 54
    16DPO - 56
    18DPO - 117
    22DPO - 890 and Prog 43.44

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I thought I was O'ing when I was on Clomid and I wasnt it was just the nasty side effects I had and then when I did O late on it I didnt know. I just hated Clomid and how it made me feel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlower View Post
    I thought I was O'ing when I was on Clomid and I wasnt it was just the nasty side effects I had and then when I did O late on it I didnt know. I just hated Clomid and how it made me feel.

How did you know you O'd late on clomid if you didn't know you O'd? Lol thats a mouth full!

Hidden Content
    TTC with no meds
    Taking Prenatal Vitamins
    2 angel babies Hidden Content 1st 5w6d & 2nd 3w5d

Hidden Content

I nursed for 15 months! Melvin'sWifey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you feel twinges and you normally don't, then I'd say the clomid is doing something. However, that's not going to guarantee ovulation. Many times the clomid will stimulate your ovaries and follicles will begin to grow but they won't always mature. Without a mature follicle, ovulation is impossible.

Headaches, sore bbs, and hot flashes are all common symptoms of clomid, but unfortunately are no indicator of how it's working for you. The only way you'll really be able to know, is if you ovulate or not. I recommend temping and also going for a p4 with your dr (bloodwork) on cd21 to see if you ovulated. If it doesn't show ovulation on cd21, you might try going again on cd28 as late ovulation is common.

And when people say "late" ovulation, they mean later than cd14, which is normal for non pcos women.

Marcie (29) & Melvin (39)

Met/Soy Miracle!
    Kaden Melvin - 10/15/09 8lbs13oz 22in via C-section 40w2d
    WE ARE SO HAPPY, SO BLESSED!

Hidden Content

Thanks

with PCOS, when we ovulate later than normal, does it mean the egg is not anymore viable for fertilization?
    Hidden Content TTC#1, 2 months tryingHidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alana555 View Post
    I would recommend temping, this is the best way to get to know your body and to make sure that Clomid is working. Its sometimes hard to tell if you Od on Clomid as your CM can dry up so without temping it can be hard to pinpoint or even comfirm that you have O'd

Do you temp??

I was so moody on clomid too

I got my first BFP on my first cycle of Clomid so good luck

Yes Alana, I do temp. Every morning at 5:45am, when I get up for work. Ugh. I so did not want to get out of bed today. My patience has been MUCH better today, although I saw myself getting a little "jumpy" right before lunch - maybe it's because I was hungry

I just have to keep it together and hope that my hour after lunch goes quickly.

My Dr. didn't say anything about monitoring me while I was on this round of Clomid, so I suppose I will just temp it out and see what becomes of it. Hopefully I will O, and possibly even get pregnant - although, could it really be that easy?

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Thanks

TeacherKT, I know temping is a killer but it really help you understand your body. I didnt think it would be that easy either and I got my BFP on my first round of Clomid. So good luck and lots of baby dust.

Hey what CD are you up to? Do you have a link to your chart??

Beta's
    12DPO - 27
    14DPO - 54
    16DPO - 56
    18DPO - 117
    22DPO - 890 and Prog 43.44

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alana555 View Post
    TeacherKT, I know temping is a killer but it really help you understand your body. I didnt think it would be that easy either and I got my BFP on my first round of Clomid. So good luck and lots of baby dust.

Hey what CD are you up to? Do you have a link to your chart??
    Alana,

I don't know how to link my chart??

I am on CD7. Day 3 of Clomid. I'm taking 50mg from CD 5-9. Thanks for the Baby Dust and positive thoughts!! I'm keeping myself optimistic!!

Thanks

TeacherKT;

I am on 50 mg of clomid too and my RE told me that symptoms are a sign that it is working, I have o'd each of the 3 cycles and my symptoms were headaches, hot flashes, twinges/pains on the side I was o'ing from and NO PATIENCE as a kindergarten teacherI know how it feels! Don't worry, kids rebound, they come right in the nxt day on a clean page. Just remind yourself its the medicine. My poor dh, I got these terrible mood swings, always at night, where i would just cry and cry, and he would say, "is there something wrong, or is it the pills?" of course, this would only make me more mad....

Good luck this month. Don't worry about not being monitored. I am being monitored, and personally I think it makes it harder to think about ANYTHING else the rest of the month.. I am in for a US every week.

Thanks

Thanks Maggie...When do you think I should focus on doing some hard-core BDing with my DH? I am on day 3 of Clomid right now...2 more days to go.

Yeah my kids can feel my tension - having the school observations over the next 2 days are not helping either!!! My kids make me laugh though - one minute I'm yelling, the next laughing, and then almost crying! Ahhhhrrrggggg!!!

Thanks

Default Clomid and Teaching.. AH! :)

KT,
    I know! And sometimes I almost start to cry in school, because of something sweet they do, or something that makes me proud.... its just an emotional rollercoaster. You should expect to O, about a wk or wk 1/2 after taking the last pill. I dont know how effective it is, but our Re has us BD every other day, up until four days after you expect to O. Good luck with your observations. I have one Thursday too....

quote=TeacherKT;1889509736]Thanks Maggie...When do you think I should focus on doing some hard-core BDing with my DH? I am on day 3 of Clomid right now...2 more days to go.

Yeah my kids can feel my tension - having the school observations over the next 2 days are not helping either!!! My kids make me laugh though - one minute I'm yelling, the next laughing, and then almost crying! Ahhhhrrrggggg!!! [/quote]