Thanks

Question Herbs for helping Miscarriage

Hi,
    I went to the ER a month ago for cramping and mild spotting, the u/s showed no heartbeat. I would have been 11 weeks along, but they say the fetus was more like 9 weeks. I waited to be absolutely sure they were not wrong. After a follow up 3 weeks later, I was shocked to learn my urine test showed I was no longer pregnant. It has now been a month and after 2 weeks of no spotting, I have started to spot again. Mild, no smell, brownish and sometimes a bit red. This is mostly just on my toilet paper, mostly after a BM or with a full bowel. I am fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes again, and have no pregnancy symptoms. The last 3 days I have had very mild cramping (mainly with a full bowel) and this brownish discharge. I was wondering if my body absorbed the pregnancy, or if maybe there's still some tissue in there and needs to come out. I did not have a major bleed. Maybe enough to go through one pad total. Would Blue and/or Black Cohosh help to clean out my uterus? I do not want the D&C, I want to do this naturally. This was my first pregnancy at 35 years old. I had been diagnosed with PCOS as a teen. I had changed my eating habits, starting using apple cider vinegar and I started to have periods on my own, then got pregnant. I am thrilled my body got pregnant on it's own, but I want to keep it healthy so I can try again. Thank you for any ideas. I have an appointment Friday for a hcg blood test. I'm off to the herb store afterwards. Would Female Toner tea or others teas help as well? Any ideas.

Tonya

Thanks

Ginger tea is supposed to help bring on a period, as well as massive amounts of cinnamon (3TB/day for 3+ days). Maybe that would help?

If you're going to a Chinese herbal store, ask for 4 Substances Decoction. It's supposed to help "build blood" and will help your body recover from the miscarriage.
    All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail. That is the talisman, the formula, the command of right about face which turns us from failure to success. -- Anonymous

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 484 Posts

Hey there

I don't know about herbs that will really work for this. I have had 3 mcs. The first one I took a dose of cytotec which induces cramping (from the doctor) and it didn't work. So I too another dose and then took a ton of ginger and it worked but I don't know if it was the ginger or the cytotec.

My 3rd mc though dragged out forever. I knew what to expect this time and I had spotting but I never saw anything recognizable pass for at least 3 weeks - then I passed a tiny placenta - but it still didn't seem over. Spotting off and on, off and on, off and on... finally around the 3 month mark I has horrible cramps and passed a clot the size of a baseball... and then some more bleeding and then it finally seemed to wrap up.

The weird thing is my betas were going down the whole time so my doctors felt it must have been complete, spotting was normal, etc...

In retrospect a D&C would have sped things along... but they can have they own set of problems, so... I was on a break from TTC anyway. Wasn't a huge deal from that angle, just annoying.

Just to let you know sometimes these things can drag out. You might want to consider getting a scan and seeing if a D&C is an option, though. Neverending miscarriages are no fun. (Not that they are fun when they're short and to the point, either, but you know what I mean...)

Sorry I don't have an easy herbal answer. Ginger may help, who knows?
    "Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose -
    Every way you look at it, you lose."
    - Simon & Garfunkel

Thanks

Thank you so much for the response. I sure seem to be having a m/c that is just lingering and I am just trying to stay strong and do the best I can. I really do not want a D&C. I am spotting again now, off and on. I will try the ginger. I had a ginger beer in the fridge (made with real ginger) and I drank that with dinner. I was wondering about raspberry leaf tea? Would that help? Thank you so much.

Thanks

Large doses of Vit C cause miscarriage (my friend used this as a teenager when she had an unwanted pregnancy), Parsley helps miscarriage as does Dong Quai.

Hope this helps :O)
    DXD 1998
    On Dianette 1998 - March 2008 - now drug free!

1 partner - been together 4 years
    1 daughter born 6 weeks early, tiny but perfect! Hidden Content

3 furbabies - ollie, casper and bailey

Thanks

Well I went and had my blood drawn and my HCG levels said 95 H. Now my doctor will not be able to talk with me until maybe Monday. I'm guessing that the miscarriage is not done? and why did her urine test not detect that? I am drinking raspberry tea right now twice a day to see if that will help. I'm not sure if it is, but things seem to be happening more so. Or thinking about it. I also have some black and blue cohosh on hand if they are needed. Should the HCG levels be to Zero if I was done?
    Organic foods, Whole grains, No modified foods, Lots of Fruits and Veggies.

Organic, Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (1 tablespoon in 8oz. water 3 times a day) plus 1 tablespoon psyllium husk. Apple Cider Vinegar is AWESOME!! So many uses.

Various herbs and teas for my moods etc. Raw unfiltered local honey. I love the Calming Yogi Tea, what a lifesaver!!

Prenatal Vitamins, Vitamin C.