Thanks

Default Strong stabbing pain in my ovaries before my period starts, Please somebody help!

Hi Girls,

I have been having this strong sharp stabbing kinda pain in my ovaries a few days my period starts for at least 8 months now.

I have been to the GP's a few times and no luck, they thought i had urinary tract infection, which was wrong, i remember calling once calling the after hours emergency service and i was so in tears i could not carry on the conversation,i had to hang up the phone.

basically no luck after having a few tests done, I have PCOS, impaired glucose intolerant, i weigh 13 stones and 2lbs. i also have underactive thyroid, and i am also aneamic. i have had pins and needles and burning sensation in my feet arms legs and my face for at least a year.

doctors keep saying you are not a full on diabetic yet so we dont know why you are getting symptoms of nerve damage(peripheral neuropathy)

have any of you experinces this, please someone help me as i am really emotional due to this and just want somebody to help me figure this out. not knowing whats causing this is worse.

I have had the stabbing pain today which comes for a few seconds and then goes away, it comes in episodes, and its killing me, everytime i get it makes me jump.

anyone's ever had this?
    PCOS sufferer for at least ten years, Glucose intolernace take metformin 3 a day, Underactive thyroid i take 150mg for it, i am about 13stones and 2lbs in weight, Thalaseamia trate (type of aneamia) and i am very hairy! i am 5ft tall!

recently been having pins and needles and burning sensation in my limbs too Hidden Content , live in Manchester, UK.

Thanks

Unhappy Me too...

Hi Sabreena,

I too have the stabbing pain in my ovaries before my period starts -- I'm actually having them this very moment! But, I have ovarian pain on and off all month long so... But, the stabbing kind goes along witht the period for me. It starts in one side and then switches to the other... And if it's before my period I get the *worst* stabbing pains in my cervix with it! Ouch!!! (asked my dr. about it, and she said everything is normal!) It doesn't go on too long- but it goes with the ovary pain... and I'm like going along minding my own business- and then it's like a shock to those areas... *sigh*

I'm not sure what to do about it... I'd always hoped it was the little cysts popping... But I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in that!

Hope you can find some relief!! I noticed by the way, that asprin helps me sometimes... but not advil or anything like that.

Take care,
    Lulu
    Me: 31 & DH: 36 (ttc 12/2012)

PCOS since: 09/06, Dx'd via labwork/ultrasound: 05/07- Slightly High Testosterone, Bad IR, Adrenal fatigue, Syndrome X, Anxiety & Depression

Things I'm doing now:
    Metformin 500mg, BCP, Blood pressure med, Anti-D
    Astaxanthin 8mg, Inositol & Choline 1500mg (for PCOS & Anxiety), Magnesium 400mg
    Exercising, Charting

Our Little Pea is Growing OliviaLeigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had this feeling along w/ my pain from endometriosis. It's hard to say if it was my endometriosis or cysts...as I usually always have cysts. You did not mention if you have a cyst(s) on your ovaries. Have you had an u/s recently?
    OliviaLeighHidden Content

Me~27 Hidden Content Husband~28
    Got Pregnant on Lupron Depot (EDD: 10/8/09)
    Endometriosis
    Surgery - Laparascopy, hysteroscopy & D&C done 7/08
    Cystic Ovaries (Surgery for the cysts)
    Ruptured Cyst
    Scleroderma

Your Beauty should not come from outward adornment.....instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Thanks

I had this problem too. For me, the problem was cysts. I don't know why but around the time of my period, I've have bursting cysts. It was terrible. For some reason, weight loss and bcps helped so much with the problem. I haven't had ovary pain since June of this year.

You might have to be aggressive with your docs to get to the bottom of the problem. I hope you get an answer and feel better soon!
    Maria (28) & Dave (38)
    Nyx (09/02/09) born with Tetralogy of Fallot & ASD

Yeah. Hidden Content . My alter ego Hidden Content .

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I just discovered I have this about a week ago and found out from the stabbing pains and a late period.

Thanks

I had this before and it was Endometriosis (may be spelled incorrectly) and i went to the gyn and Igot exam and basically my cervix was sore as heel when touched and they game me some cream to use for 7 days and it goes away. BC will keep u from gettin that pain.

Thanks

I get these stabbing pains as well. I'm currently in Depo Provera and so these pains only occur when I'm about 2 to 3 weeks shy of being due for another shot. After being examined by my gyn she determined that the drop in hormones causes cysts to form and then burst, and it hurts. a. LOT! I'm praying that with continued weight loss this might subside, because just experiencing it once everything 12 weeks is too much for me.
    Me (23) DH (26)
    Symptoms since 1998
    Trying to better my life through natural means:
    1 hour exercise every day
    Low carb/low calorie dieting
    Multi Vitamin
    200 MCG Chromium Picolinate
    Hyponidd 2 pills 2x a day (9/13/08)

Hidden Content
    Weight Goal: 275/234/140

Thanks

I have stabbing pains in my ovaries from time to time I thought I might have been going crazy but I cant say it is around the time of my period because I dont get it that often, my pain sometimes has a cold water sensation with it like someone is pouring water down my leg but it stops at my mid thigh.

Thanks

I want to thank lulu22 for saying that asprin helps her with the pain. I was feeling so miserable this evening that I took some maximum strength Midol, which didn't even touch the pain and yuckiness. Then the DH made a late night run to the drug store and got me some asprin. I'm human again, thank you soooo much!!!
    Me (23) DH (26)
    Symptoms since 1998
    Trying to better my life through natural means:
    1 hour exercise every day
    Low carb/low calorie dieting
    Multi Vitamin
    200 MCG Chromium Picolinate
    Hyponidd 2 pills 2x a day (9/13/08)

Hidden Content
    Weight Goal: 275/234/140

Thanks

me too. Could you change dr? or see a different one at the same practice? if you arent happy with your dr. thats what i had to do to get some pcos help.

I have stabbings too. I have an scans about it, and am going to see a gynae next month.
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi
    I have sharp stabbing pains...but a constant feeling of them being squeezed like they are going to burst. Pain is nowhere else. This happened aftr 2 mos of Provera. I wanted 2 ask someone too. Its so bad my whole body feels weak. 800mg Ibuprofen does nothing. when I sit erect or lie on my sides, feels like they're going to burst!
    OMG!!! Has Anyone Seen My Period!???Hidden Content ..lol
    Current Meds:
    Provera, Elmiron, Urelle, Amitriptyline, Omeprazole, Iron,

TTD: Trying to Deal with Pelvic Pain & PCOS.