Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Did Metformin Help You Get Pregnant? Come in......

First of all, Congratulations on your pregnancies! I am newly diagnosed with PCOS and will be taking Metformin to assist me in weight loss and TTC. If you took Metformin-

1- Did it help support weight loss?

2- Did it help reduce the length of your cycle (number of day)?

Thank you so much for reading and sharing your experiences with met and ttc..........

Loving my Little Leo! LitterOf1's Avatar
    Thanks

I lost 41 pounds within only 3 months of starting the Met. I still did not ovulate, however, until my 4th round of Clomid. I finally conceived on my 5th Clomid cycle... just as I was planning to move onto injections/IVF. I was on 2000mg of Met, even through the first trimester, and I really think it helps. Good luck to you and let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks

Default Thank you!

Thank you for being willing to share with me, I really appreciate it!

Thanks

I was on Metformin since May when I found out I was pregnant on October 28th. My due date is 6/27/09. I was ONLY on 2000 mg of Metformin, and I lost about 45 pounds in just the few months. However, I also did exercise and cut out the fast food, LOL. But it definitely does help, cause that is A LOT of weight to lose. Im still on my metformin now, and I'm a little over 7 wks pregnant.

Thanks

YES YES YES...metformin helped me in both ways. Before, I could go a YEAR without a period but about a few weeks after taking met and losing a bit of weight I began having periods every single month. It was seriously like a miracle. Also, about the weight loss...yes I had to work hard but it actually came off this time instead of working my butt off with hardly any weight loss. Metformin was great for me. Congrats for getting met! I had to fight to get it and it took a long time. Im glad I did.
    Visit My Myspace Hidden Content

Thanks

I was dx in 2001 and was put on Met and birth control (since I wasn't anywhere close to wanting to be pregnant; I was 19). I've stayed on met but came off the bc pills last November while DH was deployed to see what my body would do (if anything) on it's own so I'd know what I was facing when we were ready to TTC. Since the bc pills regulated my periods I didn't know what my real cycles would be like. before the bc pills & met I'd go 3ish months with no period.

My cycles were very regular after coming off the pills. 24-28 days with 26 being the average. I started charting in June and was pregnant by the end of July.

I fully believe that Met helped me get pregnant. It helped me lose a lot of weight once I went on it, ate healthier and started kickboxing 2-3 times a week. I'm about 17 wks pregnant now and still on Met.

Better Than I Deserve... lj2blessed's Avatar
    Thanks

I got pregnant on Met alone! I started Met (with no cycle since September) in December, got AF in February, got my BFP in July!

I did not lose any weight - but I'm not IR...so maybe Met wouldn't have made me lose weight anyway! It did regulate my cycles though, and I was able to conceive - which is what it was supposed to do!

I wish you the best!
    Mama to
    Imani "Faith" 4/09 and Ahmed "Worthy of Praise" 7/11
    Dx PCOS - 2001 *** BCP free since 2/07

I have PCOS...but PCOS doesn't have me!

Join me at Hidden Content !

SUPPORT MARCH OF DIMES! mommytotriandbri's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not IR but I started met on OCT 9th and have already lost 23 lbs... Still no AF yet.. but we will see what time has in store for us
    Trish & Ben 2004
    DX PCOS 2004
    DS Tristan Timothy-James
    Hidden Content

DD Brileigh Kaylla-Dawn
    Hidden Content

MC Peighton Elizabeth Feb 6 2009 Forever a piece of my heart!

TTC#4 Met, 1st round Clomid in March! Come on sticky baby!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

O I forgot to mention when i started taking met in May i hadnt had a period for 6 months! and it brought my period back after only 1 month!

Thanks

Default Thank you!

Ladies thank you so much for sharing your stories with me. I am so lucky to have found this community of amazing people. This was my first post, though I have been browsing and reading for awhile. I will definately be back because of you all!

Thanks

I don't know about regulating my periods, but Met did help me get pg.
    After 3 years and 6 failed cycles of clomid I got my BFP after only 9wks on Met. I never even had a "natural" period after starting it. I started my provera the week after the Met and then for the next cycle I decided to wait and see if the Met was working. (LOL) I had not had an unassisted period in over a year and I was PREGNANT!!! It is my wonder drug. I have continued to take it during my pg.
    Mary Jo
    Married 9/28/2002
    Clomid Never O'd
    DX PCOS 3/2008
    4/2008 started Met 1500mg *BFP 6/7/2008*
    1/27/09 Carrie Elizabeth Is Here! 5lb 8oz 18.5in

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I didn't lose weight on Metformin, or conceive on it, even with Clomid, I had to use FSH injectables. It did however, lower my testosterone substantially - from 186 to 52 after several months. Good luck to you!

<a href="ht tp://lilypie.c TRULYBLESSED's Avatar
    Thanks

i was having a cycle every 7-8 weeks but after starting met i started have regular cycles of 28 days no bundle of joy yet but i know that Jesus knows my heart and i believe that it will come to passed if its Gods will ... tons of baby dust and prayers to you hun..

~~hugs~~shelly~~

Thanks

The metformin didn't really help with the weight loss for me but it did help my cycles. I used to only get af 3-4 times per year (on a good year!). After metformin, I got it every 30-32 days. So much improved! I also started ovulating I have gotten pregnant 5 times now just on metformin. This one looks pretty sticky!
    Me - 32 DH - 34 Married 8/8/1998
    PCOS Dx. 07/04
    4 early losses over 7 years.
    BFP! Aug 14th!
    Gavin Michael!! Born 4/16/09 7lbs 8 oz
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

This gives me hope!! We are on our first full cycle of 1500mg met, and although I've consistantly had a "period" (1 or 2 days of very light bleeding) I have yet to ovulate. I am really hoping that this will work and we will ovulate! Here's hoping!