Thanks

Default Feeling overly full, but barely eating?

This is something that's been going on for a while but most recently has become worse. I have not been able to eat much food at meals. I've been eating half of what I would normally eat, but within an hour I feel like I've eaten an entire Thanksgiving turkey by myself! As a matter of fact, I barely have an appetite nowadays at all. Lately, I eat breakfast and I'm not hungry the rest of the day.

Last night, I got a typical Mexican dish that I like, ate about 1/3 of it and then spent the rest of the night feeling agonizingly sick! Worst part is, I don't have any "fullness" signals going off while I'm eating. I finish eating and half hour to an hour later I feel like I'm going to explode.

So what is going on here? I was under the impression it was too early for the uterus to start pushing things upward and making my stomach smaller. Am I wrong on that one? Could it be gas stuck in my stomach? Anyone else experience this so early on?

Thanks

Could be gas and bloating. Maalox helped me with the bloating and gas. I am like that now. I eat and then after i eat I feel so full I could puke. Also try not drinking much while you eat.
    Jennifer (31) Husband - Colt (31) Stepson - Cody (7) Bio-son - Hunter (4)
    Clomid 100mg June 2008 - BFP July 7, 2008 - James Hunter born March 8, 2009 at 10:30pm, 7 pounds 11 oz, 20 inches long
    June 2012 - Clomid 50mg - No O
    July 2012 - Clomid 100mg - O'd - P4 23.1 - BFN 13dpo
    August 2012 - DONE TTC
    Thought I was done- BFP - December 29, 2013 - Baby due July 18, 2014

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I had this same thing happen. I don't know what was causing it but it was terribly uncomfortable. I assumed that it was my digestive tract slowing down due to the pregnancy. It felt like my food just wasn't digesting plus like you said, getting really bloated a while after eating. This did go away at about 14 weeks for me though.

Thanks

I tried using Gas-X, which seemed to help a little because it made me belch but I still felt like I was going to explode. Honestly, I'm starting to feel paranoid about eating because I don't want to feel like that!

Thanks

I had the same thing happen. For me, it wasn't gas or bloating, just this horrible full feeling. I would push my plate away before I was 1/2 way done and I didn't want snacks because I never felt hungry. I was eating because I knew I needed to for the baby. My OB didn't seem to concerned as long as I wasn't having lots of nauseau or vomiting. She did say I needed to try to eat nutritious meals especially since I wasn't eating much.

FYI I am overweight, so that may be why my OB was OK with everything. If you are thin it may be a different story. My OB doesn't want me to gain more than 20lb.

I have just recently gotten my appetite back, but it is still not what it was pre-pg. I had been losing weight, but have finally put 5lb in the plus column.
    Mary Jo
    Married 9/28/2002
    Clomid Never O'd
    DX PCOS 3/2008
    4/2008 started Met 1500mg *BFP 6/7/2008*
    1/27/09 Carrie Elizabeth Is Here! 5lb 8oz 18.5in

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I had this feeling for awhile too. I would eat most my full meal, but then an hour later I would feel disgustingly full and it would last for hours. It really stunk because it would be bedtime and I'd still feel gross. It seems to have died down recently (probably 12 or 13 wks). I just chalked it up to a m/s type issue. Hope it goes away soon for ya!
    Lauren : 29 Hidden Content DH: 29 (9/16/2006)
    DD (5/20/2009) ~ 8lbs14oz ~ 20in
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I have a similar problem but kinda the opposite...I will be starving...Serve myself a huge plate and then only be able to eat like not even half of it.

I think your problem does sound like gas. Ah, the joyful part of pregnancy
    Me - 32 DH - 34 Married 8/8/1998
    PCOS Dx. 07/04
    4 early losses over 7 years.
    BFP! Aug 14th!
    Gavin Michael!! Born 4/16/09 7lbs 8 oz
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Proud Major Food Group AvarraClover's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have been feeling that way for the last week. I will eat liek half a bean and cheese burrito and feel bloated and full for hours. I know now that I am PG I need to be eating but I am having a hard time. Everything smells so different and most things the thought makes me want to gag and now I always feel full.... except at 2:30 in the morning I am oddly starving at 2:30 in the morning. I think the baby is growing only in the middle of the night or something. LOL.
    Marie

@~~~~>~~~~>~~~~
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married: 12/20/08
    William James: 6/22/09

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Tastes like breast milk! dewies31's Avatar
    Thanks

I know that for me, my stomach shrunk due to m/s. I was eating smaller amounts more often, and within a couple days I swear my stomach shrunk. It still feels that way. For instance, I will eat less at dinner, but then have a bowl of cereal before bed. That's been my experience anyway.