Thanks

Default Vitex, Dong Quai, Soy Isoflavones pill

As I was looking for soy isoflavones, I found a pill that contains Vitex, Dong Quai, and Soy Isoflavones. The pills label said something about Menopause form, but I was curious if anyone know if the combination would help with conceiving. It has the following amounts of each:

Vitex 75 mg
    Dong Quai 50 mg
    Soy Isoflavones 2200 mcg

Just curious if I took this on days 5-9 would it help with increasing my fertility cycle.
    Me
    DSS 5/30/04 (always will be mine)

Baby Aspirin
    HSG 8/26/08 - right fimbria congested with hydrosalpinx
    Ectopic PG 4/23/08 (8 wks) Salpingectomy 4/23/08 (left)
    Dx PCOS 1993

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SandV View Post
    As I was looking for soy isoflavones, I found a pill that contains Vitex, Dong Quai, and Soy Isoflavones. The pills label said something about Menopause form, but I was curious if anyone know if the combination would help with conceiving. It has the following amounts of each:

Vitex 75 mg
    Dong Quai 50 mg
    Soy Isoflavones 2200 mcg

Just curious if I took this on days 5-9 would it help with increasing my fertility cycle.
    Sue - not sure if this would help you to Ov or not. The amounts seem to be really low compared to what I have read is normally taken for boosting fertility. For example... Vitex is usually 500mg or more depending on how cysters take it. Some take 500 every day, others take a lot more, but only in the Pre-Ov period. Likewise with the soy isoflavones... 2000 mcg is only 2.2 mg, if my conversion is correct (I googled it, so it should be) and that is well below the starting recommendation for 40 mg... I don't know about dong quai, but that amount seems pretty low too. I would guess this pill is best for menopausal women who just need small doses of these herbs as a "reproductive toner", rather than as a fertility aid, which usually use bigger amounts to get a beneficial reaction. HTH dianna

Thanks

it doesnt hurt to give it a try and if it dont work increase it

Thanks

I was at the store today and didn't even pick this up. I was thinking if I do not get a BFP this cycle, then I will pick it up and try taking 2 pills a day for the first 7 days of my cycle.
    Me
    DSS 5/30/04 (always will be mine)

Baby Aspirin
    HSG 8/26/08 - right fimbria congested with hydrosalpinx
    Ectopic PG 4/23/08 (8 wks) Salpingectomy 4/23/08 (left)
    Dx PCOS 1993

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have used this combo...Im actually using it nowLOl
    My bottle of Vitex has me taking 1200mg per day...entire cycle..
    Dong Quai has me taking 550 mg per day ( per bottle) but im taking more because ive seen so many other brands taking way more...so im actually taking 2 to 3 550mg pills every day and as for Soy...its used like Clomid..so you should really only take it CD3-7 or 5-9 etc..
    the amount of soy thats in there doesnt sound like much but if that does not work for you as far as O is concerned try starting out with 80mg for CD3-7 or 5-9 etc..

The amound of MGs that are in that pill may be enough for you....everyones body is different..so worth a try..if no results i would try getting all 3 pills seperate so that way you are taking the correct amounts of one and not too much of another vice versa.
    Dana (35) Hidden Content Larry (34)
    #1 BFP 7/27
    Nadia Winter born 3/24 via C-Section
    #2 BFP 7/3